Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely our ‘succession planning’ is a bit more adventurous. I think I’d have him back but it’s to divisive

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
What worries me is that we are fabled for our succession planning, but from all the rumours it sounds like we're scrambling around, reacting to situations rather than being ahead of the curve. Surely GP wasn't part of the succession plan? There must be names aside from McKenna on the list, especially as the club must have been humble enough to realise that it wasn't going to be easy poaching McKenna from newly promoted Ipswich when we decided to part ways with RDZ.

On the other hand, I could just be succumbing to the relentless (social) media need for rumours and speculation, and the club have it all in hand as they seemingly always do. Hope it's me being naive rather than the club not being on the back foot.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Barber's body language had pretty much made it clear that McKenna wasn't coming and I'd be bloody surprised if Potter comes back Bloom doesn't forgive so if Potter comes back the Chelsea exit was not the story we thought it was.
What’s does he need to forgive, he actually left amicably as per his contract. I wouldn’t say potter has burnt any bridges with Bloom (I don’t know him personally either though)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was absolutely bloody furious. But so would I. The downside is potential negativity from fans rather than a lack of coaching ability, as far as I can see.
He would be okay if we started well. But he wouldn't get so much slack.

Trouble is, I think RDZ will be seen as a messianic reign. But if that goal hadn't been scored against City and Tottenham not screwed up the end of their season then European football wouldn't have happened.

I liked RDZ being here. But he wasn't a deity. I never felt he would stay long and he really got my goat in that last six months.

The additional problem we have is that folk think qualifying, or almost qualifying, ofr Europe is the benchmark. As I explained in another thread, it isn't.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
None of us knows what’s going on, except for newspaper and social media titbits we pick up. I’m pretty sure the club is doing everything it can, in a very competitive environment, to land the right manager. Maybe it won’t be our first choice, because we’re Brighton, not Bayern or United or Chelsea or Liverpool. I don’t know why some posters on this and other threads are getting so wound up about a situation we don’t fully understand and over which we have zero influence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blimey! The bookies have them odds on to be relegated and us at 20/1.
Which is interesting, because they’ll have the coach who was top of our succession plan, while we might have Mr “16th place, easy life”.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
A grand says they won't !

They're gash
I'm sure they must be alright as they've just got promoted, but, like all promoted sides, they do brilliantly to finish 17th.

The only full ninety I saw of them last year was Maidstone knocking them out of the FA Cup and their goal was scored by Sarmiento, who was on loan from us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So it would appear Ipswich are going to get KM back but on triple his wages and now knowing his heart really resides at Old Trafford.

This is great news for the Prem because without him Ipswich looked a sound bet to go straight back down, but he still has a shedload of recruitment to do. And you know Ipswich's first match will either be vs us or Man Utd.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surely our ‘succession planning’ is a bit more adventurous. I think I’d have him back but it’s to divisive
This is where I am too. As a purely footballing appointment it makes sense. But it’s too risky, the fans would turn very quickly if he didn’t start well. There has to be better options out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here