Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kicked off outside Molineux

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Am I wrong in thinking, I hate the fighting and stuff but I'm glad we aren't a soft touch? Is there something wrong in that? Why do I sometimes think that's awful awful deplorable behaviour, and then a little voice in the back of my head says "get in there lads".
This is only against nasty clubs, not Peterborough and the like.

Dec 29, 2011
Am I wrong in thinking, I hate the fighting and stuff but I'm glad we aren't a soft touch? Is there something wrong in that? Why do I sometimes think that's awful awful deplorable behaviour, and then a little voice in the back of my head says "get in there lads".
This is only against nasty clubs, not Peterborough and the like.

I'd say Peterborough isn't a "soft touch". They might not have a massive fan base but no club you go to will be a total walk over these days, everyone stands up for themselves.
Fans that start on other fans for the fun of it are cretins, not other way to describe them, it's not fun or clever. However, that being said it is nice to think when a "nasty" club comes to town they won't be getting a walk over, there is someone to stand up for Brighton. So IMO looking for trouble isn't great, but standing up for your team against clubs who want trouble is ok.
Also I'd like to add Brighton has a big catchment area, over 500,000, it's obviously going to be able to attract 100 or so "fans" who want a bit of trouble each week.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry El Pres are you saying those two things are linked or one was embarrassing after the humbling sight of the other?

No they were not linked.

It was very poignant though seeing the young soldier and the dignified way he came out to the centre circle, having to walk with a stick as he is still coming to terms with using his prosthetic legs. The last post was well observed, and the match itself was competitive, exciting but not dirty.

Banter with the Wolves fans was good, but the rape chants from a ( small) section of our lot in the lower tier made me cringe. It wasn't the usual spotty teenagers either.

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Big day out . been a few this season and millwall was certainly one of them lads packing out bars before and after the game .
As for Wolverhampton one of the most hostile places in the midlands it's a case of stick together or get ironed out. It's just a case of 100 150 like minded people having a day out not looking for trouble . Wouldn't it be boring if everyone went it 2s and 3s and left the ground in single file . Live and let live follow the Albion your own way ..

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Weird because of the boys I know who went, none of them got called morons, cretins, idiots etc on the day. I'm guessing seeing as everyone on here is saying it now that they said it in person right?

And as for going for the sake of starting on rival fans - yes you do get a few people who are mindless thugs effectively, however of the lot that went yesterday the only target would be like minded individuals. Your average fan was under no threat. Game yes, indiscriminate no.

Mr-N

Mar 31, 2012
I saw some trouble just before the game.

Young lad shouting " Seagulls " before entering the ground got pushed by a Wolves fan which then escalated to nothing.
Said young lad then started giving a bloke some abuse, who in turned laughed and ate his hot dog.

Saw a big group of lads i.e 18 year olds running towards somewhere.

Probably aggro, melts.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Funny as a lot of 'true fans' who condone this seemed happy to latch onto the main group and walk with us back the station???

Think many will secretly admitt that they liked seeing Brighton take a firm like that to,traditionally one of the toughest & most intimidating away grounds around.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Funny as a lot of 'true fans' who condone this seemed happy to latch onto the main group and walk with us back the station???

Think many will secretly admitt that they liked seeing Brighton take a firm like that to,traditionally one of the toughest & most intimidating away grounds around.

Exactly, the Blue WKD was flowing like water yesterday, Scratchcard Steve earned MUCHO respect from one of the Wolves generals when he won hands down in the karaoke face off before kick off (his rendition of 'I will survive' even brought a tear to my eye), and anyone who walked back to the station when we were mob handed yesterday without a semi is either gay or a liar......... (or, thinking about it, a woman).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Exactly, the Blue WKD was flowing like water yesterday, Scratchcard Steve earned MUCHO respect from one of the Wolves generals when he won hands down in the karaoke face off before kick off (his rendition of 'I will survive' even brought a tear to my eye), and anyone who walked back to the station when we were mob handed yesterday without a semi is either gay or a liar......... (or, thinking about it, a woman).

Brilliant.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
There has been violence at games for over 40 years now and 40 years from now there will still be violence.
Been there , done it and now at the age of 54 I watch it happen but I can't condone it as its part of growing up as a footie fan, in my opinion

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Originally Posted by patchamalbion
Funny as a lot of 'true fans' who condone this seemed happy to latch onto the main group and walk with us back the station

Kicked off outside Molineux
There has been violence at games for over 40 years now and 40 years from now there will still be violence.
Been there , done it and now at the age of 54 I watch it happen but I can't condone it as its part of growing up as a footie fan, in my opinion

Please note the meaning of "condone"

"condone - definition of condone by the Free Online Dictionary ...
condone - definition of condone by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
con·done (k n-d n) tr.v. con·doned, con·don·ing, con·dones. To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure"

Therefore people condoning have no real problem with said events, however if they were condemning it, they would be expressing disapproval.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
No they were not linked.

It was very poignant though seeing the young soldier and the dignified way he came out to the centre circle, having to walk with a stick as he is still coming to terms with using his prosthetic legs. The last post was well observed, and the match itself was competitive, exciting but not dirty.

Banter with the Wolves fans was good, but the rape chants from a ( small) section of our lot in the lower tier made me cringe. It wasn't the usual spotty teenagers either.

Thank you El Pres, both for the clarification and description of the atmosphere.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here