Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Davies???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kevin Davis is being interviewed on TalkSport at the moment with regards to his contract not being renewed. At the beggining on the conversation with the presenter he said he has the possibility of going out on loan in the next few days. Further on in the interview he went on to say he had had offers from a couple of clubs in the top 6 or SEVERN in the Championship. He also said he wasn't fussed about staying up north.

Could do a job?

Is a poor man's Ulloa, and past his sell by date.

Can see disparate Holloway snapping him up to give them yet another forward.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No

what Gus was saying was that he needed someone to help CMS, it was interpreted by 95% of fans that meant someone to play alongside.

The help was someone to rotate with him, or to replace him for the last 20/25 mins

The reason it was interpreted that way by 95% of the fans, is because that's what Poyet said on many many occasions. Watch the interview he gave pre Hull game on Sky, for confirmation. A game which we won playing two up front(Ulloa and Cms), only never to be seen again....You can't change what the man actually said on record.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
What would he cost, just his wages which would be what £25k a week maximum, good investment

Given Gus saying this week that Murray left because the money for transfers couldn't be used for wages, then 25k a week for a couple of months would be brilliant. It'd be paying 150k for him, (relative peanuts), and if it works out, it'd bring more in than just the piffling interest from sitting in TB's bank account.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Shame he's so old now. I always thought he should have featured for England much more. Has the nous and positional instinct that England's carthorses lacked over the last few years. I'd like to have him here for the rest of the season on a sensible wage.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Phil Gartside wafferling and talking shite on Talksport now big row with DURHAM!!! Ha Ha Ha:)
Freedman not on the same wavelength as his chairman ------ sacked in the morning???

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Phil Gartside wafferling and talking shite on Talksport now big row with DURHAM!!! Ha Ha Ha:)
Freedman not on the same wavelength as his chairman ------ sacked in the morning???

Bolton haven't managed this Kevin Davies situation that well and its good that Talksport gave club a chance to put their side across. At least Gartside stood up to that twunt Adrian Durham who isn't exactly precious about getting his own facts right. Durham was way off the mark about who arranges testimonials, thats quite well known around professional sport yet Durham looked a twunt by persisting with his line of questioning. That's hardly the main issue at stake anyway. Now Durham is still stirring the pot after the interview with Gartside ended.

I know Talksport isn't exactly Newsnight and I take it with a big pinch of salt but wish Darren Gough would occasionally tell Durham to wind his neck in for his cheap -sub tabloid journalism.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Bolton haven't managed this Kevin Davies situation that well and its good that Talksport gave club a chance to put their side across. At least Gartside stood up to that twunt Adrian Durham who isn't exactly precious about getting his own facts right. Durham was way off the mark about who arranges testimonials, thats quite well known around professional sport yet Durham looked a twunt by persisting with his line of questioning. That's hardly the main issue at stake anyway. Now Durham is still stirring the pot after the interview with Gartside ended.

I know Talksport isn't exactly Newsnight and I take it with a big pinch of salt but wish Darren Gough would occasionally tell Durham to wind his neck in for his cheap -sub tabloid journalism.

Fair enough mate---don't know all the story--just posting for everyone to make their own mind up:thumbsup:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Fair enough mate---don't know all the story--just posting for everyone to make their own mind up:thumbsup:

Totally agree that there is a genuine issue that warranted some serious questions to Bolton and they aren't exactly smelling of roses on this one. Gartside didn't satisfactorily answer all of the points but couldn't have been more explicit about the testimonial issue. Durham tends to go all confrontational especially when the facts don't suit him, he has a knack of avoiding the point and twisting the issue back on the interviewee or caller.

No doubt the decent fans of Kevin Davies (like him or loathe him as a player - he is good at what he does) will follow the protocol for arranging a testimonial (in the same way that Albion fans would do the same for one of our legends) and I'm sure that Davies will it appreciate it a hell of a lot more coming from them rather than Adrian Durham.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but the guys 36, isn't scoring goals, and is on over £20k a week.

I'm glad you know what he is on, and what we would have to pay as part of a loan deal. I bow to your superior knowledge, or are you just guessing?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm glad you know what he is on, and what we would have to pay as part of a loan deal. I bow to your superior knowledge, or are you just guessing?

It's a pretty well educated guess, given a very good friend of mine has been a Bolton season ticket holder for years, and tells me he is still one of their higher earners with many of them on over 20k a week. So yes, i'd put a fair bit of money on that being the case.

You think Bolton would pay a wedge of his wages in order to help out a fellow play-off contender? I think not.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm happy to leave this deal to Leeds or Sheff Wed.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Kevin Davis is being interviewed on TalkSport at the moment with regards to his contract not being renewed. At the beggining on the conversation with the presenter he said he has the possibility of going out on loan in the next few days. Further on in the interview he went on to say he had had offers from a couple of clubs in the top 6 or SEVERN in the Championship. He also said he wasn't fussed about staying up north.

Could do a job?

Funny, Bristol City aren't up the top of the league!

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I would be absolutely delighted to see King Kev in Brighton colours having seen him play 50+ times through the past decade - dedicated leader that would still do a great job in the prem. Contract is relatively low considering calibre and would act as established cover to Ulloa - we need experience and Bolton are making a huge mistake by letting him go. It is no coinsidence that Bridge, Bruno, Upson and Kuszczak have built the toughest back line in the league - senior pro's will get us to the big time. Simeon Jackson would not be a bad purchase but he is not prolific - then again he would make more than adequate cover also. Taxi for Barnes

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I would be absolutely delighted to see King Kev in Brighton colours having seen him play 50+ times through the past decade - dedicated leader that would still do a great job in the prem. Contract is relatively low considering calibre and would act as established cover to Ulloa - we need experience and Bolton are making a huge mistake by letting him go. It is no coinsidence that Bridge, Bruno, Upson and Kuszczak have built the toughest back line in the league - senior pro's will get us to the big time. Simeon Jackson would not be a bad purchase but he is not prolific - then again he would make more than adequate cover also. Taxi for Barnes

King Kev? lol

"King" and "Kevin" do not go together natural are they? lol

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good to see that he has signed ON A FREE TRANSFER, not a loan for Wolves which disproves all the 'experts' on here saying we could only sign a player who was out of contract on 31st January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here