Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Davies???

Jimmy Grimble

Would be a good signing.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No thanks.

If we're looking to play one up top that player needs to chip in with goals. Davies has 6 in 40 odd games this season. I didn't realise until I just checked that he actually played against us at the Reebok, he must've been pretty poor for me to not realise the fact he was on the pitch. He's 36, this clubs moving forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently he'll be out of contract 5 days before 10 years with the club, so missing out on a testimonial.
That's terrible, but totally unsurprising.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What would he cost, just his wages which would be what £25k a week maximum, good investment
What Davies earns now has no relevance to what he'll earn on his next contract.

If anyone even thought about paying him £25k a week I'm sure he'll be signing with his own blood, before they change their mind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No thanks.

If we're looking to play one up top that player needs to chip in with goals. Davies has 6 in 40 odd games this season. I didn't realise until I just checked that he actually played against us at the Reebok, he must've been pretty poor for me to not realise the fact he was on the pitch. He's 36, this clubs moving forward.

He came on as a sub at The Amex and caused us problems in the air but granted we didn't have Upson in our back four.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Kevin Davis is being interviewed on TalkSport at the moment with regards to his contract not being renewed. At the beggining on the conversation with the presenter he said he has the possibility of going out on loan in the next few days. Further on in the interview he went on to say he had had offers from a couple of clubs in the top 6 or SEVERN in the Championship. He also said he wasn't fussed about staying up north.

Could do a job?

No thanks - carthorse

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What would he cost, just his wages which would be what £25k a week maximum, good investment

Not at his age... stick to Football Rumours grandpa.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No thanks.

IT's A LOAN!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What Davies earns now has no relevance to what he'll earn on his next contract.

If anyone even thought about paying him £25k a week I'm sure he'll be signing with his own blood, before they change their mind.

He is in a similar position to Wayne Bridge in that respect but whatever his contract pays him NOW he would want us to continue paying while on loan. At his age next season he will have to take a drop in wages if he is offered a contract anywhere but probably not by us but for the remaining games it is a different proposition.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Apparently he'll be out of contract 5 days before 10 years with the club, so missing out on a testimonial.

Shocking. Surely something will be done. Fans would not be happy and I bet he wouldn't either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is in a similar position to Wayne Bridge in that respect but whatever his contract pays him NOW he would want us to continue paying while on loan. At his age next season he will have to take a drop in wages if he is offered a contract anywhere but probably not by us but for the remaining games it is a different proposition.
Nobody will pay up his full current contract for 8 (ish) games.

50% maybe.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but the guys 36, isn't scoring goals, and is on over £20k a week.

stats brother={QUOTE}Nobody will pay up his full current contract for 8 (ish) games.

50% maybe.{QUOTE}

Small price to pay if he helped get us promoted. 5 weeks of the season left 8 games and then possible play offs which is another 3 weeks and 3 games if we get to Wembley so a maximum 8 weeks.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Gus plays one up front.
One of NSC's greatest (and most tyresome) myths. He plays one up front when he only has one suitable striker and he thinks it's the best team to beat whoever we are playing. He played two or three up front when we won league one and I expect him to do this again if he gets the right man in.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Averages a goal every 4.7 games for Bolton.

No thanks.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
One of NSC's greatest (and most tyresome) myths. He plays one up front when he only has one suitable striker and he thinks it's the best team to beat whoever we are playing. He played two or three up front when we won league one and I expect him to do this again if he gets the right man in.

CMS played up front on his own most of the season before xmas. In the days/weeks/months leading up to Ulloa coming in Gus was often banging on about how CMS desperately needed someone to play up front WITH.

In comes Ulloa in January and PRE CMS's injury he sticks The Cyclone straight in the team and continues to play one up front with CMS relegated (rightfully so IMO) onto the bench.

Gus seems to have a severe dislike to playing 2 up front.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
CMS played up front on his own most of the season before xmas. In the days/weeks/months leading up to Ulloa coming in Gus was often banging on about how CMS desperately needed someone to play up front WITH.........

No

what Gus was saying was that he needed someone to help CMS, it was interpreted by 95% of fans that meant someone to play alongside.

The help was someone to rotate with him, or to replace him for the last 20/25 mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here