Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Kent CCC v Sussex CCC, Bob Willis Trophy, 8-11 August 2020, Canterbury***

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Archer unlikely to do anything but the odd cameo for us for the rest of his career...

Bowling lineup is appalling when I think we used to have Mushy, Kirts, Lugs and RMJ just a few years back.

No Robinson, Jordan or Wiese today to go with Archer. But I’ve already accepted we’ll hardly see Archer in the championship again.

But yes, today hasn’t gone at all well. Won’t do the youngsters any favours.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
My thoughts and prayers are with those brave Sussex souls still watching / listening

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No Robinson, Jordan or Wiese today to go with Archer. But I’ve already accepted we’ll hardly see Archer in the championship again. .

I’m not so sure . At the moment he’s not the express fast bowler they were hoping for . I wonder if he might have an in and out England career , and we might see more of him

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
J Cox for Kent had a high score of 29 in 6 innings before today. Currently 167 not out

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can you cricket followers name a worse Sussex bowling attack in last 30 years

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's true but every other county is also missing its overseas players, its internationals and its Kolpaks. I believe that Hampshire had six players missing last match, for example.I think Surrey has 12 players out - which is why they borrowed Evans. So, Sussex aren't unique in this.

It also doesn't explain why Sussex are fielding seven bowlers in this match but only six batsmen

For reference, Jordan Cox (168no) is a 19yo rookie.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For reference, Jordan Cox (168no) is a 19yo rookie.

He's an England U19 international, the same as Tom Clark: one got well set and got out, one carried on

That's our performance in a nushell: nearly every batsman got into double figures, not one pushed on for a century (and only two got 50s) on what is probably the best batting wicket they'll see this year.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't blame the bowlers - this is down to the batters. They scored 100 to 150 runs too few

Can we blame the bowlers now? Kent have almost got those extra 150 runs that we were missing, and yet they've lost ONE wicket. We are shite. :shit:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can we blame the bowlers now? Kent have almost got those extra 150 runs that we were missing, and yet they've lost ONE wicket. We are shite. :shit:

Our bowlers? Four kids and two county cast-offs (one of whose last F/C match was more than two years ago)

So, only Claydon and Garton really count - and they're bowling on a road

Sussex have four really decent F/C bowlers (two are on test duty, one is injured and one is stuck in SA). This has been a tough learning curve for the youngsters but to pick on players who have scarcely a handful of F/C appearances is a bit out of order

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Got to be horrific fielding in this game in this heat, let alone whilst taking one wicket in 112 overs.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Without ollie, I fear for us this season in 4-day.
It’s a poor quality team.
It’s not even as if they’re underperforming.
There’s no point getting frustrated by it as there is an obvious lack of talent and/or experience.
All we need is two youngsters to put their hands up, and it will kind of be worth it because with van Zyl, head, wiese, Jordan and Robinson back, next season looks promising.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
These two need just seven more runs to record the highest 2nd wicket partnership for Kent (490 is the magic number)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here