Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Sansom, alcoholic sleeping on park bench

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Rose?! Are you ****ing kidding me?!

Funny how he has £20 yet manages to buy seven bottles of wine a day. Nice bit of uncharacteristic over-exaggeration from the Daily Mail I see :wozza:

Still a sad story of course. I'd love to know how this interview came about.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Sad to see this happen to him. Even an ex scum player doesn't deserve it.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm not saying help isn't required, or that they aren't in a pressured environment, far from it, but I don't necessarily believe the game is responsible for their decisions or their subsequent treatment, any more than anybody's employer or union is.

But football's admin. are responsible for giving a section of professionals access to enormous wealth, and consequently they, the PL, the PFA, become inordinately rich. Given that the nature of Football is as much about its history as its present, and no one enjoys these people's plights, public or otherwise, it seems 'unbalanced' that they have no visible help from footballing authorities.

I know what you mean, that former nurses, teachers, policewomen, whoever, who find themselves in similar circumstances down the line, have no extra help aside from, at the least, social provisions, and ex-footballers have this support too; but having contributed to your now-supremely wealthy ex-employers, and maybe having some belter of a goal played on MoTD come FA Cup weekend over and over again, it feels, well, 'unjust' that they then don't help out.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How do buy a £1 million mansion on £1,200 a week?

Presumably it's worth a million NOW, whereas Sansom's £1200 per week wages were in the 1980s when that amount was worth a lot more. The house probably cost £100k back then...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How do buy a £1 million mansion on £1,200 a week?

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd also be penniless if I bought a 1m house on 1200k a week.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I saw Brighton play away at Palace and my main memory was how could their full back ,Kenny, run the game ? He was brilliant.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Surely Palace could help him out with their £60 million windfall ???

They've offered him accomodation in the luxury wing :

stock-photo-3485751-abandoned-caravan-2.jpg

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That's awful. I couldn't bare the thought of drinking seven bottles of rosé in my lifetime, let alone a day.

In all seriousness, good luck to him.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Ha ha! Filthy Palarse scum. Even worse than a caravan, good to see them find their real level these people.

How did you expect that comment to be received ? Or is it that you just can't help yourself ?

I really do understand the word 'troll' now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here