Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Livingstone Suspended

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Firstly you are a moron, who keeps accusing people of anti Semitism. Yet you do not even spell it properly.

Pro Arabs in America do not have the numbers, money, influence built up over a number of years. If you go against AIPAC you are going against their millions which means politically you are on very shaky ground. Israel are a nasty little country, but anyone saying so is open to accusations of being anti semitic. As proved by this thread.

Firstly your a moron who just jumps straight to personal insult,

As for your flakey defence of the lobbiest trope, lobbying is not dependent on numbers. FTR there are about 2.7 million muslims in the USA and 4 million jews. Arabs have lots of money, its called Petro-dollars.

Why is it time dependent?

"nasty little country" Full of nasty little jews no doubt.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am a Labour member and have visited Israel for work in recent years. In my view there is much about the current state of Israel that is indefensible (and seeing it up close hasn't softened my views on this); Arabs in Israel existing as second class citizens; occupying and settling in the West Bank; crimes against humanity in the treatment of Gaza. It is totally justifiable to criticise these and to campaign against them as many groups do including Jewish groups within and outside Israel. I totally support these campaigns. However attacking the concept of the right of Jewish people to a state which is a self-governing safe haven is very different. This is a concept based on over 2000 years of history in which Jews have suffered expulsion, persecution and attempted annihilation. Nowhere has proved safe for them where they were a minority.. When Livingstone makes reference to the Nazis he knows exactly what buttons he is pressing and he should be expelled from the Party.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
None of thati s actually an answer.

Shooting the messenger is ad hominem and not an answer.

Why?How would you define Anit-sematism? I know definitions can be difficult but you are not providing anything.

Why not? Refute my points dont just bluster.

Ok you win I should have known better than to take on you clever people. I thought you might not have spotted my big mistake of mentioning the USA ........and their general support of Israel and lack of condemnation of Israel's dispreportionate attacks in Palastine.
My next claim is that I can burrow through the side of an elephant.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ah here we go, the Evil jewish lobbiests whoexert some magical powe over the US electorate and elected representatives and rig the democratic system which is beyond the good and decent opponents of israel..

F off you bigot.

its an odd response, because i neither claimed there was evil, magic or rigging of the system by anyone. i simply highlighted known, documented facts, those involved in lobbying do so openly and proudly, not as some secret cabal. you must be more than blinkered and quite simple if you cant see that US supports Israel as a major foreign policy. rather than say people are bigots, you could just grow up and recognise the support Israel has.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Firstly your a moron who just jumps straight to personal insult,

As for your flakey defence of the lobbiest trope, lobbying is not dependent on numbers. FTR there are about 2.7 million muslims in the USA and 4 million jews. Arabs have lots of money, its called Petro-dollars.

Why is it time dependent?

"nasty little country" Full of nasty little jews no doubt.

Firstly you are the one who jumps straight to personal insults, anti semitic, bigot etc

Maybe you do not understand lobbying, because you sure as hell don't understand much else it seems. To even argue against me you need to know a modicum about AIPAC, it seems you do not.

As for the nasty little Jews comment. I see you take debating tips from Buzzer, putting words in other people's mouths.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not too dissimilar to the race card directed at anyone who feels a little agitated towards illegal immigrants and the current system for controlling it eh?

Correct.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I am a Labour member and have visited Israel for work in recent years. In my view there is much about the current state of Israel that is indefensible (and seeing it up close hasn't softened my views on this); Arabs in Israel existing as second class citizens; occupying and settling in the West Bank; crimes against humanity in the treatment of Gaza. It is totally justifiable to criticise these and to campaign against them as many groups do including Jewish groups within and outside Israel. I totally support these campaigns. However attacking the concept of the right of Jewish people to a state which is a self-governing safe haven is very different. This is a concept based on over 2000 years of history in which Jews have suffered expulsion, persecution and attempted annihilation. Nowhere has proved safe for them where they were a minority.. When Livingstone makes reference to the Nazis he knows exactly what buttons he is pressing and he should be expelled from the Party.

This.
All of it

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I see you take debating tips from Buzzer, putting words in other people's mouths.

Don't drag me into this playground argument you're having. You moan about not wanting to debate 'nonsense' with me, yet you're on a rival's forum swapping juvenile insults about the Middle East with a bloke called 'Looney'. I can only conclude that you've found your level. I'll leave you to it. :flounce:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Don't drag me into this playground argument you're having. You moan about not wanting to debate 'nonsense' with me, yet you're on a rival's forum swapping juvenile insults about the Middle East with a bloke called 'Looney'. I can only conclude that you've found your level. I'll leave you to it. :flounce:

The fact that you soon backed out when it went a bit deeper into it and I mentioned AIPAC proves to me that I found your level. I would bet that you had never heard of them, kudos for mentioning the fact I'm on a rivals forum though. That means you win the argument by default :dunce:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The fact that you soon backed out when it went a bit deeper into it and I mentioned AIPAC proves to me that I found your level. I would bet that you had never heard of them, kudos for mentioning the fact I'm on a rivals forum though. That means you win the argument by default :dunce:

I'm genuinely baffled at your thought process. Do you even remember what you have written previously? I stopped debating because you said you didn't want to anymore, and to be honest that didn't come as a surprise seeing as there's not a single debate we've had that you haven't thrown a strop and taken your ball home. Honestly, you did write that. Go back and check.

I'm really not blowing my own trumpet here but the level of debate you're continuing to have with Looney (the clue is in the name) is scraping the bottom of the barrel, it's pointless and pathetic. At least our debate was sort of civil, sort of made sense even if we disagreed and didn't have name-calling but this is where you'd rather be.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not read the thread. Has it been agreed that Ken Livingstone is a ****ing dinosaur that needs to keep his stupid mouth shut?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Another day, another suspension?

Are you referring to the Brent Council Leader who shared a post on Facebook comparing Israel to ISIS? He's quoted as saying "I apologise for sharing this on social media. I do not agree with these views and as Leader of Brent Council I have championed diversity, tolerance and respect for all faith communities, and will continue to do so."

Or did you mean the calls by some Labour MPs to include comments made by the Labour Director of Communications, Seumas Milne when he said that the creation of the state of Israel was a crime?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Firstly you are the one who jumps straight to personal insults, anti semitic, bigot etc

Maybe you do not understand lobbying, because you sure as hell don't understand much else it seems. To even argue against me you need to know a modicum about AIPAC, it seems you do not.

As for the nasty little Jews comment. I see you take debating tips from Buzzer, putting words in other people's mouths.

Correct me if I am wrong here but we have never addressed each other untill you jumped in with the moron comment. It cant be that difficult for you to remember? 24 hours?

Oh and I know plenty about AIPAC and how in the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion its a term for Jew Gold. Or how jews use their wealth to rig the system.It Ignores all other non jews who have wealth in the same way focusing on black muggers ignores other kinds of crime. Its not high brow and abstract arguments, this is basic stuff that you are indulging in.

I suppose I could be said to putting words in peoples mouths, but then what else could a lazy term like "Nasty little country"" mean in a thread topic on anti-Semitism?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm really not blowing my own trumpet here but the level of debate you're continuing to have with Looney (the clue is in the name) is scraping the bottom of the barrel,

So if the clue is in the name I assume Buzzer relates to some kind of sex toy?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm genuinely baffled at your thought process. Do you even remember what you have written previously? I stopped debating because you said you didn't want to anymore, and to be honest that didn't come as a surprise seeing as there's not a single debate we've had that you haven't thrown a strop and taken your ball home. Honestly, you did write that. Go back and check.

I'm really not blowing my own trumpet here but the level of debate you're continuing to have with Looney (the clue is in the name) is scraping the bottom of the barrel, it's pointless and pathetic. At least our debate was sort of civil, sort of made sense even if we disagreed and didn't have name-calling but this is where you'd rather be.

But a debate with you is not a debate. You always try to jump on your high horse and put words in other people's mouths. Thtas why I cannot be bothered to go into things with you. You try to find things that are not there, the only difference between you and Looney in this debate is that he came out and called people anti semitic, where as you just inferred it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here