Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kemy Agustien

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hammond is a good Championship player. Agustein when fully fit has Premier League quality. He'll be good when things settle down.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would have much preferred Hammond out there today. Nothing silken about him, and not an ounce dare within, but he'd battle it out to the necessary level and tend to be in the right place enough of the time to break up Derby's neat and usually purposeless possession. I like Agustien and felt embarrassed with a couple of his attempted straight to the opposition throughballs, but he was by no means the problem today. Players with the calibre of Upson had a stinker today and that was an honest shame to see. They can not have forgotten how to play football together over one summer, so i hope they get their act together soon and don't wait to fall behind at home to start playing almost identically to how they played last year. I hope they have fun performing soon and put to bed the hoofballs that became their panic-stricken nature for way too long. There's little point the subs going through 2-touch training sessions at halftime that they just will not use when actually on the field of play.
I think Agustien will come good, but Hammond today could have made a difference.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hes decent but hes gotta watch out. He WILL get sent off plenty of times this seaso, ****ind legend

I think he was fortunate yesterday. Had anyone of 3 mistimed lunges actually connected he would have been straight off. Hoping the reason for his schoolboy like performance is just being a bit "rusty". There were moments of quality but apart from those 1 or 2 he was unimpressive

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the moment Agustein is thinking too far ahead of our players with his passes but they will cotton on and learn to read his game.

I tend to agree, the ideas behind quite a few of his passes was fine but the execution and the awareness of the other players was not there. I think he'll come good as he gets to know the other players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
7:18;5877189 [B said:
Comedy moment of the game[/B] for me: one of their players went down injured at the end of the pitch, lying on the white line half on / half off...we had a corner, Kemy just strolled over and rolled the player off! :.

The player was going to make a meal of it but made a miraculous recovery when he realised he was off the pitch

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At the moment Agustein is thinking too far ahead of our players with his passes but they will cotton on and learn to read his game.

Perhaps, but he needs to do the basics right, like keep possession, before going for the 'worldy' defence splitting pass (incidentally without KLL, CMS and Buckley out wide there isn't a lot of pace up front anyway -so playing to feet is a better option).

I was really disappointed with him yesterday.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Only saw him at Leeds but was really disappointed. Even when the subs were warming up at half time you could see he wasn't fit and seemed half committed. Slow and gave the ball away continuously.

In some ways he looks a different type of player, so may take a while to get fit and find a role. I think we need to wait a few months to see shat he can do. However the passing discipline under Gus has well and truly gone in his case...

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
It never ceases to amaze me how us fans see the game so differently. I thought KA was just that Ka-Ka. I'd be more than happy to buy his bus ticket back to Swansea. He kept losing the ball by not going to it, his passing at times was atrocious and he looks really leggy. But there you go, we all see the game differently.

Give the bloke a chance, he's got MOM performances in the prem. Swansea fans rate him, anyone with a slight understanding of the game can see he's got quality.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It never ceases to amaze me how us fans see the game so differently. I thought KA was just that Ka-Ka. I'd be more than happy to buy his bus ticket back to Swansea. He kept losing the ball by not going to it, his passing at times was atrocious and he looks really leggy. But there you go, we all see the game differently.

If KA half the Player Kaka is, I'd be very happy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you know how many goals Agustien has scored in England with 4 teams and 67 appearances so far ?

ZERO
ZIP
NADA
DIDDLY

So this attacking midfielder role looks a bit suspect. Even Bridcutt has scored more.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yesterday was the first time I saw him and whilst he started well (he can clearly pick a forward pass) he seemed to give the ball away a hell of a lot later in...was also a little unimpressed with his apparent unwillingness to help defend.

I'm still on the fence really, clearly has some class, just want to see it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I liked Hammond may not have been so direct but we kept possession and the other teams can't score when we have the ball how ever we need to score it all about balance and the right team selection for the game. I think our manager has to have time to know all our players strengths and weaknesses lets hope its not to long. Should have had a penalty how far was the ref from the free kick it looks like he was not looking on the TV replay. Dick head.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Give the bloke a chance, he's got MOM performances in the prem. Swansea fans rate him, anyone with a slight understanding of the game can see he's got quality.

Fair view.

He did seem to try and find the 'wonder ball' too many times frequently ending up with us losing possession (not what we have become used to!).

Overall he did some good things yesterday and some other things poorly. That makes him the same as every other Albion player yesterday in my book. Selecting MOM must have been a nightmare!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He was utter toilet yesterday but he will improve, people forget he had practically no pre season - the funniest moment of the game for me aside from when he rolled their player off the pitch was when their number 9 pushed him when we were defending a corner by our goalpost so Kemy pushed him off the pitch with his body strength and would not let him back on kept pushing him into the net :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here