[Politics] Keir Starmer

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
More good news for Starmer...

[tweet]1247098780706627584[/tweet]

George Galloway [MENTION=8966]George[/MENTION]galloway
Richard Burgon sacked by Sir Phoney Blair. #RichardBurgon #SirKeirStarmer #Labourreshuffle @WorkersPartyGB

View attachment 121816

Starmer p’ing off Galloway already, I love it. Starmer must be on the right tracks then.

It’s not necessarily about Burgon’s politics, instead he’s a guaranteed car crash in every media interview, a charmless and bitter fool who ties himself up in knots. They’re all on youtube. Starmer’s ruthlessly looking for a winning shadow cabinet.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Starmer p’ing off Galloway already, I love it. Starmer must be on the right tracks then.

It’s not necessarily about Burgon’s politics, instead he’s a guaranteed car crash in every media interview, a charmless and bitter fool who ties himself up in knots. They’re all on youtube. Starmer’s ruthlessly looking for a winning cabinet.

Then look no further:-

51rgXsnmzYL._AC_SY355_.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Burgon is basically Chris Grayling without the apparent knack of somehow landing on his feet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More good news for Starmer...

[tweet][/tweet]

George Galloway [MENTION=8966]George[/MENTION]galloway
Richard Burgon sacked by Sir Phoney Blair. #RichardBurgon #SirKeirStarmer #Labourreshuffle @WorkersPartyGB

All Starmer needs now is to be condemned by Ken Leninspart, Trump and Degsy Hatton and he'll have a Royal Flush of winning testamonials :lolol:

Galloway :laugh::drool:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To briefly go back to the criticism of the way the Tories are handling the Covid19 response, I am sure there are many things they could do better or differently - but I am sure the same would be true of a Labour government - this isn't easy. Moreover, if there are things they have done which can be considered corrupt or ideological, which have ultimately harmed people, these things will come into the public eye and receive the attention they deserve in due course.

What I DO NOT want is for this crisis to descend into political point scoring or back and forth between the parties, because I don't think that helps anyone. I look at the USA and how their response to the crisis is fatally mired in political partisanship and egos and refusals to compromise their long-held hatred of the other side. Down that route lies an awful lot of avoidable deaths.

The only way through this is to have a single response that we all get behind, because there will be plenty of time to review it all later. I say this as someone who will never vote Tory and has no respect for Boris Johnson as a government minister or leader. But we should play the partisanship game once all this has calmed down.

I haven't heard anything to suggest this is descending into political point scoring. That said, the government must be held to account as and when decisions are made, especially if lives depend on them. It would be a sad society if everyone just had to fall in line with what the government said!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All Starmer needs now is to be condemned by Ken Leninspart, Trump and Degsy Hatton and he'll have a Royal Flush of winning testamonials :lolol:

Galloway :laugh::drool:

I bet GG really hates Tony Blair, he helped bring about the terminal breath of GG’s genocidal mate Saddam. Hard to take this complete cock seriously:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I haven't heard anything to suggest this is descending into political point scoring. That said, the government must be held to account as and when decisions are made, especially if lives depend on them. It would be a sad society if everyone just had to fall in line with what the government said!!

Exactly. Highlighting bad decisions, in the hope of seeing them changed, is just that. It is the bad decision that needs calling out - not the party, or individual, making it.

Meekly accepting manifestly bad policy, simply because ‘your side’ has made it, is every little bit as bad as undermining policy just because you wear a different badge.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I would have liked to see Liz Kendall and Peter Kyle given shadow cabinet roles, but I guess you can´t have everything.

He's got a balancing act, he couldn't strip out most of the left of the party and put in loads from the right. The majority of members are pretty central - he has Reeves/Murray/Nandy from the right and RLB/Rayner on the left. Kendall would probably be a step too far to the right. Kyle is too inexperience for a shadow cabinet role, although I can see him as a shadow junior minister

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What an intelligent standpoint, respect :bowdown:

There’ll be plenty of time for real experts to compare and contrast the preparation and response between western democracies in the years to come.

He's got a balancing act, he couldn't strip out most of the left of the party and put in loads from the right. The majority of members are pretty central - he has Reeves/Murray/Nandy from the right and RLB/Rayner on the left. Kendall would probably be a step too far to the right. Kyle is too inexperience for a shadow cabinet role, although I can see him as a shadow junior minister

Do you really see Nandy as from the right of the party? Or is competence just viewed that way. :lol:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
"Wasn't Starmer the director of public prosecutions when opportunities to catch and prosecute Jimmy Savile were continually missed? Great leader if that's the case."

Public prosecutor when Jimmy Saville could have been arrested you say? The Tory tabloid machine wheels begin rolling...

I am no fan of Tory Tabloids, but actually it was Jeremy Corbyn's elder brother Piers who has been tweeting this. He is a complete and utter fruitcake who is a climate change denier and who also, I gather, thinks Bill Gates is responsible for Covid-19.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's got a balancing act, he couldn't strip out most of the left of the party and put in loads from the right. The majority of members are pretty central - he has Reeves/Muzza/Nandy from the right and RLB/Rayner on the left. Kendall would probably be a step too far to the right. Kyle is too inexperience for a shadow cabinet role, although I can see him as a shadow junior minister

Multi-talented Glenn?

D

Deleted member 2719

The trouble is your political prejudices are declared all the time.... and in everyone's face. I agree with some of your sentiments but your potty language is inappropriate and you are not well placed to seize the moral high ground.

I take that as a compliment from you.:smile:

I just think - nay, am convinced - that Keir Starmer is a lot more capable and will be far more effective than you think. He is renowned for his attention to detail, whereas Boris is famous for surviving on bluff and bluster. Boris will have an opposition to contend with.

But at the same time he will support the government in whatever they are doing now that is needed, and will be constructive in what he and his party does.

I would agree he likes the detail, just so he can shaft the living daylight out of someone for his childish one-upmanship, the man wears the mask of deceit if you ask me.

The best that the gammon have come with is that he is dull & boring and was responsible for Jimmy Saville’s crimes.

If that’s all they’ve got then they are very scared.

He clearly guzzles alcohol by the bucket looking at his weather-beaten face.

In the words of Piers Morgan (and there's a phrase I thought I'd never use), Starmer is a 'grown-up politician'. I'm not actually sure what it means but it seems to hit the nail on the head.

Morgan will soon change his mind on him, he just building him up, so the knockdown will be sweeter.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Do you really see Nandy as from the right of the party? Or is competence just viewed that way. :lol:

Interesting isn't it?

I think that Nandy and Starmer himself are thought of by some as 'right' goes to show how far the dial has moved. Also, think that ideological shift will serve Starmer well given the recovery job the country has on its hands post-Covid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here