Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping yourself occupied when self-isolating

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
1994 levels of masturbating.

This was all a laugh and a joke until Spain went into lockdown and I'm now sitting in the flat not masturbating at all. Day two without a decent coffee and I'm not handling it well.

Weird thing is, normally I'd love a weekend in the house not doing anything but now I'm forced to stay in I really want to go out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just a warning to those happy to stand down and not help your company if you can. Business's are going to suffer financially across the board, some more than others, but very few will benefit. Plenty will be on the edge and a fair few will go under and people lose their jobs.

Tax revenue will fall massively as profits will be down, people will be out of work etc. So even when we get over this, we will have a massive income deficit is this country. Tax will have to increase for years to fill the void, more people will be on benefits and companies will put up costs to continue trading or unfortunately recoup profits or money lost.

So basically don't see this as any form of jolly because its not. If you can help out your business, do it, because we will all suffer even more if we don't.

So I will have to pay for another mess that was not my doing ? This sort of thing keeps happening, I might as well base my finances overseas like all our great leaders and business people.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A little tip for all you well adjusted novices out there, 2 words:-

Companion Pieces.

Revisit something you liked, or start afresh with something substantial then track down it's YouTube/Podcast/Online companion piece.
I promise, assuming you're staying fairly mainstream or cult classic, there will be a companion piece.

All of a sudden, everything becomes twice as long and assuming you've picked a good one, considerably more interesting.

I'll start you off with The West Wing + The West Wing Weekly

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So I will have to pay for another mess that was not my doing ? This sort of thing keeps happening, I might as well base my finances overseas like all our great leaders and business people.

What makes you think “overseas” will be any different..they will potentially be just as bust

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not self-isolating (yet). But I've bought an Airfix model to build, and have just started painting all the little bits. I'm loving it.

Can't wait for the glue.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm not self-isolating (yet). But I've bought an Airfix model to build, and have just started painting all the little bits. I'm loving it.

Can't wait for the glue.

2zfikc.jpg

In the event I have to self isolate I'll be decorating my loft that has just been converted, I may also get round to finishing off a gaming PC that has been in bits for over 2 years.

Thats in between keeping the kids from killing themselves.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I bought from EW last year, an excellent nursery and service.

Good point. I need to order more saplings.

Good on you.

A lot of us now have a bit of time on our hands and the family friends that helped us plant 30 trees yesterday all agreed that it was a very rewarding experience. We need to plant 2.5 billion trees so we need others to get stuck in.
Woodland Trust a great place to start - https://shop.woodlandtrust.org.uk/tree-mixes-and-packs

Lets do this

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good on you.

A lot of us now have a bit of time on our hands and the family friends that helped us plant 30 trees yesterday all agreed that it was a very rewarding experience. We need to plant 2.5 billion trees so we need others to get stuck in.
Woodland Trust a great place to start - https://shop.woodlandtrust.org.uk/tree-mixes-and-packs

Lets do this

Thanks.

I've been planting native trees and shrubs for over 20 years, including a very long L-shaped, double row wildlife hedge in my garden three years. Which is looking good already, with fresh buds.

As well as a load of perennials, biannuals and meadow grasses/flowers, all pollinator friendly.

It's very rewarding, it's great to see wildlife using it through the seasons.

I donate to a quite a few wildlife charities too.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Isolation means precisely that. The advise is do not go out, even for a walk!

I think this guideline is issued for the idiots that cant resist stopping for a chat, calling in a pub or wiping their hands over surfaces . We will get in our own car, drive to a beauty spot and unpack the picnic in the car.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks.

I've been planting native trees and shrubs for over 20 years, including a very long L-shaped, double row wildlife hedge in my garden three years. Which is looking good already, with fresh buds.

As well as a load of perennials, biannuals and meadow grasses/flowers, all pollinator friendly.

It's very rewarding, it's great to see wildlife using it through the seasons.

I donate to a quite a few wildlife charities too.

I'm going to grow some vegetables. Fun for the kids... and could be a valuable food supply.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What makes you think “overseas” will be any different..they will potentially be just as bust

It was a throwaway line unfortunately, If our captains of industry and business hadn't squirreled all their cash out of the country we might not be in such a mess ! had a small team talk with the boss today. Takings are down and look likely to plummet imminently, he said jobs will go but on a last in first out basis, i'm safeish but not immune forever if it gets really bad..... All our stores are franchises, the co-owners ( Public shares are not available ) ) who started the company started getting their profits and liabilities out of the UK 25 odd years back, as I have often mentioned, they are sat on £1.5 Billion , they will ride this out in Guernsey very comfortably.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was a throwaway line unfortunately, If our captains of industry and business hadn't squirreled all their cash out of the country we might not be in such a mess ! had a small team talk with the boss today. Takings are down and look likely to plummet imminently, he said jobs will go but on a last in first out basis, i'm safeish but not immune forever if it gets really bad..... All our stores are franchises, the co-owners ( Public shares are not available ) ) who started the company started getting their profits and liabilities out of the UK 25 odd years back, as I have often mentioned, they are sat on £1.5 Billion , they will ride this out in Guernsey very comfortably.

Do you mean profits and assets?

Whether they had the cash reserves in the UK or offshore, my instinct without knowing anything about your bosses other than your occasional posts, is that they’d be entirely selfish just now in any case. It’s in their DNA.

Presuming that you want to stay in their employ, good luck with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here