Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keep the faith

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Seeing loads of negative comments on the match thread.

We are playing lots of challenging games in quick succession. We have a few injuries and are bringing on more youth players and still fighting for 6th spot which I think we will get.

Keep positive and keep the faith. UTA
All the cards are stacked against us; injuries, teams with bigger budgets, relegated teams with nothing to lose….. we will do it!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sunday is huge, win and it’s all back (largely) on track

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Keep the Faith is exactly the phrase to be using at this time.
Veltman and Colwill back for Sunday.
Moises back to the midfield, Enciso back in starting lineup and Ferguson up front with MacAllister back.
3 points from Arsenal and Newcastle away is what most would have taken. It's in our hands.
UTA
Well said

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - actually a bit buoyed by the second half where we showed big balls to put the horror first half behind us and play our normal game largely. Expected nothing and certainly expected nothing at HT so not too disappointed. Keep the faith!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Everyone still has the faith, we’ve got a brilliant team and manager, but it’s also fair enough for fans to be upset to see your team playing badly and getting humped by ****s like Newcastle and Howe. Doesn’t mean they don’t support the team, everyone reacts differently.

Don’t know why so many people have to get so upset about fans being critical or emotional on match day threads after a defeat. It’s an emotional game and immediate reactions will be irrational at times, exactly as it happens when you’re at a game.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
to all the downcast....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 22.30.53.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 22.30.53.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 46

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I've got faith.

Thing is if we got beaten with a full strength team, with players in correct positions (i.e caicedo in CM) I would feel less gutted.

I feel like we were almost architects of our own downfall this game.

With that being said, what a season watching some of the best football I've ever seen us play........... in the Premier League....... and against the big boys of the league too!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You get these long ball to a load of giant players teams that can get lucky every now and then. Stuck it in the mixer from inside their own half more times than Stoke back in the day.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I had tonight down as a free hit so still very much believe we are still in a good position to achieve Europe.

I will be following Saturday's games knowing that favourable results against our rivals could mean we're one win from Europa league football with three to play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had tonight down as a free hit so still very much believe we are still in a good position to achieve Europe.

I will be following Saturday's games knowing that favourable results against our rivals could mean we're one win from Europa league football with three to play.
You fool! It’s going to be done the HARD way or not at all :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
You fool! It’s going to be done the HARD way or not at all :lolol:
I really hope not. Not sure my nerves can take anymore twists.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Villa lose/draw v Liverpool, Spurs lose/draw with Brentford, we beat Saints and 6th is ours. Nothing to fret about yet, but bloody hell, I really hope it doesn't come down to the Villa game.
If ManCity beat Chelsea, with 2 finals to come not only might Pep rest players, he may give debuts to some youngsters. Not sure why people skip the City game when talking about points from our last 3.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hard to believe but I am already over tonight’s result :shrug:
It was immaterial, unless we won which wasn't very likely.

The scenario was always going to be: Beat Southampton, hope one or both of Tottenham and Aston Villa fail to win on Saturday.

Whatever happens, Albion cannot be out the equation on the final day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here