Kazim Richards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You having a rethink about those season tickets Bushy? We are a bit 'different' to what you have come to expect at the Chels
Not at all mate, cant wait to be honest , it's not very different to chelsea these days mate , was a decent enough atmosphere at the hull game, I can imagine it'll be fantastic if "we" are fighting for a play off place.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
To be fair, if someone made a monkey gesture they would rightly be punished so why should he not be reprimanded for making a homophobic gesture.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
@Suspolfootball: Sussex police are aware of the allegations regarding homophobia last night and will be conducting a full investigation

Only needs someone to have captured it on their mobile , it was picked up on CCTV or cameras recording the match and he is banged to rights.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Some extremely precious people around these days! So he pointed towards his bum! Big f***ing deal

Too many people getting offended on the behalf of others... Sad state of affairs

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some extremely precious people around these days! So he pointed towards his bum! Big f***ing deal

Too many people getting offended on the behalf of others... Sad state of affairs

Do you consider homophobia to be as important an issue as racism? I'm not one of the ones getting "precious" but I'm curious as to your answer.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Do you consider homophobia to be as important an issue as racism? I'm not one of the ones getting "precious" but I'm curious as to your answer.

I have gay friends who would find what Kazim did last night amusing and certainly not offended, where as I have black friends who wouldn't find monkey chants very funny.

Take from that what you will... It just seems a lot of people like to jump on the PC wagon purely for the sake of jumping on the PC wagon. There is a difference between banter/taking the piss compared to outright hate. I personally think racism is usually a lot more hate driven than homophobia.

Last edited:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
It's quite sad when people in society actually defend actions such as this.

I'm not offended by what CKR did but some people may be. It's like if I saw one person racially abusing another, I wouldn't be directly offended, but it doesn't make it right and it certainly doesn't make it "banter".

What is so bad about pointing at you're ass?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The hilarious reaction of 'get a grip' or 'you're so precious' is ridiculous yet worringly common.

If you see something offensive you do not have to be offended by it personally to deem it inappropriate (perhaps illegal). I have never reported any racism in my life previously (admittedly I don't recall ever witnessing an incident) and don't consider myself one of these people that enjoys jumping on a bandwagon but I would have felt compelled to speak up about CKR's actions had I seen them anywhere. Having seen them in the ground last night there isn't really a way I could have legally confronted him and explained how immature and ridiculous his actions were (presumably plenty of others, especially any gay people, would have found them offensive too) so the best way is for me to report to the relevant authorities.

It doesn't make me/anyone else 'precious'. I frankly couldn't give a toss if someone celebrates in front of me if they score if I've given them stick all game, everyone goes home and gets on with their lives but what CKR did last night, for me, was far beyond that. He received (certainly from my area of the ground) little or absolutely no 'abuse' before the incident beyond a few boos and comments that he's put on a few stone. Even if he had done it wouldn't have excused his actions.

Hopefully in a few more years the attitude of those who apparently feel bigger about themselves for shouting down others who decide to report incidents will have softened and people won't be concerned about the outcomes of merely reporting an incident.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have gay friends who would find what Kazim did last night amusing and certainly not offended, where as I have black friends who wouldn't find monkey chants very funny.

Take from that what you will... It just seems a lot of people like to jump on the PC wagon purely for the sake of jumping on the PC wagon. There is a difference between banter/taking the piss compared to outright hate.

So...black people are more sensitive than gay people?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I suspect that the reason a lot of people want him to be answerable for his actions has a lot to do with his apparently objectionable personality and the 'disrespect' shown to the lauded institution that is BHAFC down the years.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

He didn't just point to his bum. First time he did it he mimed pulling down his shorts and then "poked" a hole in the fingers of one hand with a finger from the other. It was pretty overt and offensive. Then he continued to point at his ass and mime dropping his shorts for about 5 minutes after.

I know my language gets fulsome at football and I was calling his fat (but not referring to kebabs - didn't hear anyone say that btw) but how the hell would you explain that to the kids watching (and there are loads in B/C blocks)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports