Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Instead of Bong. We didn’t need 3 defenders on the bench. Had Stephens, Propper or Bissouma got injured early on and CH wasn’t ready to go to 4-4-2, who would he have brought on to play midfield that could have done a better job than Kayal ? Nobody !
I was baffled by his omission..

as has been said previously Bong on at left back and Bernardo, who has played midfield, into a left sided midfield role.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why a loan? Why not let him go cheaply to find first team football again as a thank you for his previous efforts, if he is down the pecking order.
A loan because perhaps his wages won't be matched elsewhere. Obviously it would depend on what deals could be done.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A loan because perhaps his wages won't be matched elsewhere. Obviously it would depend on what deals could be done.

I omitted that as we do not know what his wage is and what a prospective new club would offer. He would be an asset to Championship club who is aiming for either pushing for promotion or returning to the Premier. Obvious clubs are Reading Millwall or even Fulham if they lose any players.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Kayal will go in the summer I believe, surely a side like Stoke with Mr Jones in charge will be in for him.

I love Kayal and think he is under rated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Reading and Millwall will improve drastically next season. and Kayal & Hemed would be the type of signings to do that.
I think Reading will be league 1 next season after looking at their remaining fixtures

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The theory in The Times yesterday was that we needed to be stronger at the back and up front, as we couldn't match City in midfield ?
In that case the theory in The Times ought to be that we need to strengthen midfield. In which case, I would agree with them.

The idea that we couldn't match them in midfield (true) so therefore we need to strengthen at the back and up top (and apparently not in midfield) is, frankly, perverse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Reading and Millwall will improve drastically next season. and Kayal & Hemed would be the type of signings to do that.
Millwall fans would dread picking up a signing off us. They think Skalak is shite.

Well he is a bit isn't he? [emoji38]ol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Kayal was very unfortunate to be dropped as he was in good form, he should definitely start v Cardiff - he never lets us down. Propper in particular was awful yesterday.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Kayal is precisely what this team needs right now and has been needed for most of this season. I’m completely miffed as to why he is so overlooked by Chris. If anything, Kayal will be the best Albion captain we never had. He ALWAYS shows great communication, desire and energy on the pitch every time I’ve seen him play. I just don’t get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here