Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't quite understand why people are saying they would play Kayal ahead of Stephens. Stephens has a defensive midfield role to play, that's why he is in the team. Don't think BK could adapt his style to suit that. Agree that he should have been on the bench but only in place of Bong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should have started instead of Stephens. Twice the player IMO.

Its a good job you are on here and not managing our club. Having said that I would have him on he bench for our remaining games in case Stephens, Propper or Bissouma get injured. or we will have to bring on Bong and push Bernardo forward into midfield which is probably a better option.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kayal was unlucky to lose his place in autumn when he was arguably the pick of the central midfield players. Remember he was left out against Huddersfield because he was one yellow away from a ban that would have kept him out against Palace? But Bissouma played so well that he stayed in the team and Kayal was out of the side without doing anything wrong.

I think he's entitled to knock on CH's door. He was substituted at Millwall despite being the only player to have had a shot. Personally I'd play him in away matches ahead of Propper.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think he's entitled to knock on CH's door. He was substituted at Millwall despite being the only player to have had a shot. Personally I'd play him in away matches ahead of Propper.

Knock knock
CH: yes
BK: hello gaffer, I think I should be in the team
CH: well Beram, I don’t.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Evidently Kayal was upset at being left out of the match day squad for the semi-final against Manchester City and I must say I understand his frustration. He featured in all the previous rounds up to this point and in my opinion was up there with our best performers in each match he played. I believe that he would have contributed positively in the semi-final whether he be a starter or off the bench. he is a good ball carrier, leaves nothing out on the pitch and scores the odd goal - the latter attribute sadly lacking in most of our team this season.
In the same vein, I was disappointed that Button was overlooked in the quarter and semi, having performed very well in the earlier rounds. I'm not a fan of Ryan, as good as he is, he's too short and when fine margins might be all that wins a game or keeps us up then I think this is an area that needs to be looked at. Both Wolves and Watford played their 'second string' keepers for the semis, having played all the previous rounds and they didn't let their team dowm yesterday.
I think it sends the wrong message to players who have to wait to get their chance, play well, then get overlooked again. Dan Burn was another example of someone who played really well in earlier rounds only to get overlooked as the cup progressed.
Any thoughts?

Are you one of those Lineker crisp eating gimp followers?

Hiya Gary :wave:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Really disappointed for him having played every other round and I really rate him. I do see the issue looking at the bench and not sure who i'd swap him out for, but still... really hope he doesn't depart in the summer, think he still does a great job when called upon and would be very happy to see him get more game time as he is up to the job.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
CH does seem to have a bit of a blind spot about having LEADERS in midfield. We've got them in abundance in defence. But only Kayal in midfield. Stephens in particular, CH's golden boy, looks scared of his own shadow unless he's passing the ball backwards. Wouldn't happen at Withdean. Danny Cullip would have given him a slap :lol:

NNNnnnnnah. Stevens isn't like that. You're confusing him with Orlandi :lolol:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Its a good job you are on here and not managing our club. Having said that I would have him on he bench for our remaining games in case Stephens, Propper or Bissouma get injured. or we will have to bring on Bong and push Bernardo forward into midfield which is probably a better option.

You think playing a left back in CM instead of an international CM is a better option? Wow.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Evidently Kayal was upset at being left out of the match day squad for the semi-final against Manchester City and I must say I understand his frustration. He featured in all the previous rounds up to this point and in my opinion was up there with our best performers in each match he played. I believe that he would have contributed positively in the semi-final whether he be a starter or off the bench. he is a good ball carrier, leaves nothing out on the pitch and scores the odd goal - the latter attribute sadly lacking in most of our team this season.
In the same vein, I was disappointed that Button was overlooked in the quarter and semi, having performed very well in the earlier rounds. I'm not a fan of Ryan, as good as he is, he's too short and when fine margins might be all that wins a game or keeps us up then I think this is an area that needs to be looked at. Both Wolves and Watford played their 'second string' keepers for the semis, having played all the previous rounds and they didn't let their team dowm yesterday.
I think it sends the wrong message to players who have to wait to get their chance, play well, then get overlooked again. Dan Burn was another example of someone who played really well in earlier rounds only to get overlooked as the cup progressed.
Any thoughts?

:bigwave: Hello Beram.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Don't quite understand why people are saying they would play Kayal ahead of Stephens. Stephens has a defensive midfield role to play, that's why he is in the team. Don't think BK could adapt his style to suit that. Agree that he should have been on the bench but only in place of Bong.

Stephens gives away at least 3 stupid freekicks on the edge of the area every single game. You can get away with that in the Championship but at this level it will cost us. Couple that with passing backwards when the team is trying to drive forwards, he is the worst player in our starting lineup IMO. A defensive midfielder should be breaking up play and looking to move the ball forwards, not passing back to Dunk or Duffy and giving them the responsibility of making a killer through ball.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You think playing a left back in CM instead of an international CM is a better option? Wow.

It would probably be for a short while only near the end of the game and he has played there before during his career so its not so strange, especially as Kayal is an international with Israel who are rated 84 in the latest FIFA ranking.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stephens gives away at least 3 stupid freekicks on the edge of the area every single game. You can get away with that in the Championship but at this level it will cost us. Couple that with passing backwards when the team is trying to drive forwards, he is the worst player in our starting lineup IMO. A defensive midfielder should be breaking up play and looking to move the ball forwards, not passing back to Dunk or Duffy and giving them the responsibility of making a killer through ball.

I don't like the way Stephens plays as I think he is capable of getting forward to score more but surely it's obvious that he is performing the role that CH requires him to perform. Who got an assist for the winner at Palace?

Also, how many goals have been scored against us from free kicks on the edge of the box conceded by Stephens (not that I think he gives away anywhere near that number)?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

At least 3 free kicks on the edge of our box every game? Blimey, seems like we're getting away with them at this level too then if you look at the stats.

The rubbish some people come out with beggars belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here