Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Norwood playing tonight I fully expect to see Stephens and Sidwell starting on Saturday. Baldock and Murray upfront
Good thinking.

Norwood on bench and in contention for starting v Wolves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Horrible flashbacks to Preston last season - we were without Kayal or Stephens, and I genuinely think it was the worst performance I've seen for us under Hughton, in terms of creativity and attacking intent. We had nothing.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Horrible flashbacks to Preston last season - we were without Kayal or Stephens, and I genuinely think it was the worst performance I've seen for us under Hughton, in terms of creativity and attacking intent. We had nothing.

We have the KNOCKMEISTER now...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Different kettle of fish though. We now have two very able replacements now rather than an unpractised Ince et al

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Thank the lord we haven't had to be in that position since then. Could you imagine having a really tough away fixture (say, somewhere like Hillsborough where we have never won) and having to play without either of them? Doesn't bear thinking about.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You've forgotten about the last ten or so fixtures of the 2014/15 season then. As a clue, we struggled to get two people beyond the half way line, probably because the other players were trying to keep their distance from Leon Best.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You've forgotten about the last ten or so fixtures of the 2014/15 season then. As a clue, we struggled to get two people beyond the half way line, probably because the other players were trying to keep their distance from Leon Best.

I haven't forgotten. I genuinely believe it was the most creatively inept performance I've seen for us under Hughton. 0-0 humungously flattered us, luckily Preston were poor that day too.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

That was with crofts and Ince though. Sitwell and Norwood are a huge step up from that

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have the KNOCKMEISTER now...

Different kettle of fish though. We now have two very able replacements now rather than an unpractised Ince et al

Thank the lord we haven't had to be in that position since then. Could you imagine having a really tough away fixture (say, somewhere like Hillsborough where we have never won) and having to play without either of them? Doesn't bear thinking about.

That was with crofts and Ince though. Sitwell and Norwood are a huge step up from that

I was just saying I was having horrible flashbacks, not that it will happen again...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I haven't forgotten. I genuinely believe it was the most creatively inept performance I've seen for us under Hughton. 0-0 humungously flattered us, luckily Preston were poor that day too.

That's not my recollection at all. We didn't deserve to win by any means but nor did Preston so I don't see how a draw humungously flattered us. From memory neither side created anything until they had a great late chance which they missed, after Bong had gone off and we were playing with 10 men.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the posters on other thread (3 different ones) had all heard same sort of thing. One was [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] who is clearly ITK on certain things. Much as I'd love you to be correct, I'm afraid you probably aren't....

If imagine it was a differerent bone in the foot / ankle - at least it's just a fracture & not a clean break...

Having a fitness test with a view to playing on Saturday according to the BBC. I guess the truth is, no-one knows anything. :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Having a fitness test with a view to playing on Saturday according to the BBC. I guess the truth is, no-one knows anything. :shrug:

Could my (slightly cynical) theory that the club wouldn't want to declare him fit until the international break is well and truly over be correct?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's not my recollection at all. We didn't deserve to win by any means but nor did Preston so I don't see how a draw humungously flattered us. From memory neither side created anything until they had a great late chance which they missed, after Bong had gone off and we were playing with 10 men.

This is more in tune with my poor memory, which tells me that Preston were totally unambitious and played for a Brighton nil, which they achieved. I'd be surprised if their game plan on Saturday veers too far off that particular script.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Could my (slightly cynical) theory that the club wouldn't want to declare him fit until the international break is well and truly over be correct?

Maybe true. Also they must have told a couple of people porkies as those who thought they were ITK seem to have been misleas

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
A good point regarding keeping the extent of the injury hush prior to the international break.... Hopefully today we can all stop guessing and get some answers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here