Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal is the key to this new run of form.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
See I dont believe his runs were any different last night than they have always been, just that with Kayal and Tex we actually have players who see those runs and release CMS before he runs offside....

Maybe its a combination of both, because I think his overall movement was far less brainless than usual. I was watching him off the ball, and he was constantly seeking the space in between the defenders, then checking over his shoulder as he curved his run, almost imploring the ball to be played to him at that moment. Which very often it was, with good weight and accuracy. You're right in that with the likes of Kayal behind him, we finally have an intelligent midfielder who can actually pass the ball instead of just passing the buck, like a certain other midfielder who thankfully doesn't get a look-in now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kayal has said to CMS in training, backed by CH, "just keep making these type of runs and I'll find you". That said, with Leeds playing such a high line all night it was the ideal tactics. It won't be quite as easy to spin and get in behind a team that comes and sits deeper.

You're right though, Tex and Kayal were the catalyst of everything that clicked last night.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it worth considering also that in the first week in Feb we appointed Colin Calderwood as Assistant Manager.. Since then we lost one (the first game ) but have drawn two and won two. We do not know the exact influence that he is having on the coaching...but he is not being paid for nothing ...

I'ld bet that his influence has improved things.

I think he has come in and given Hughton a second opinion on the whole squad which has led to JFC and Holla being dropped plus McCourt and Monakana going out on loan.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I have high hopes for Bertram. Hopefully, he'll be able to work with JCF and make him a better player too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here