Kayaking

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly; but when they lit a fire in the craft, it sank, proving that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

Try Adur Outdoor Activities Centre (Adur Outdoor Activities Centre)

Yep, the Adur kayak group is one of the best around. Know a lot of people who went there through being part of Scout group in Worthing and they all had good things to say about it!

Very fun hobby to do, eager to get back into it in some form myself as haven't been paddling for about four years or so now!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
don't forget to get yourself a big insurance just in case you might want to disappear.

Oh! no that already been done

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Go to the shoreham water sports center by the Norfolk bridge they will take you from complete novice and teach you.
Also they always have boats and equipment for sale from ppl who have traded up to better boats.
please don't just buy a boat from the Friday add. Get some lessons first as it is quite a dangerous sport in the wrong conditions tides etc.
That said however i have had some wonderfulul days out canoing up from shoreham, with the incoming tide stopping for a few beers in the bramber pubs then canoing back down when the tide is going out (its much easyer)also they have a good club where you can store all your gear and boat so you dont have to have boat trailers ect

PS
I speak as someone who owned a boatyard opposit the water-sports center for 4 years.
So saw them working every day.
Also i am accomplishedhed canoeist, and sailor, having spent a good part of my life working on, in ,or around the water

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm in the same boat (so to speak) as the OP. Hoping to get along to a club on Hastings seafront but their times don't really suit me :( Anyone involved with anything to the East of our glorious county?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports