Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Katie Price Arrested Again for Alleged Drink Driving

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Some sort of open prison and psychiatric help would probably be the best outcome for her

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Irrespective of her perceived personal problems, it's depressing to think that she is someone people look up to and have looked up to for many years. A sad sign of the times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe Ant McPartland could point her in the right direction?

Crushing her car is a stupid idea, folk like this intent on driving will just go out and get another one.

Punishment or mental health help can only be the solution, although which one, I'd have to defer to the experts.

That’s why it’s being debated on here. THE EXPERTS

Jul 7, 2003
Unless she's very recently moved, she lives in a house which can only be accessed via the A24, so she *needs* a car (or to move...)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-prices-mucky-mansion-tv-24821909

(it does say, as at August 2021, that she had been living with family but recently moved back there)

Poor excuse - the Argus reports her as from Worthing Road Horsham. If that is the case, plenty of buses running along that road between Horsham and Southwater for her to catch. If her drive is that long, I'm sure she could afford a bicycle or a golf buggy to get her from the door to the end of the road.

At least she hasn't pulled the usual 'what about my charity work' angle a lot of minor celebs use...yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of days in custody is a start.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Breaking news on BBC, she's NOT been charged with a drink or drug offence. Just driving while disqualified and without insurance.

If somebody is taken to hospital after a crash, the procedure would be to obtain specimens of blood or urine to ascertain alcohol/ drug levels. Analysis of such specimens for evidential purposes takes weeks, not hours, as they go off to external forensic labs.

I have no insight into this case whatsoever (nor would I post it on here if I did!) but it's common to release people under investigation pending the results, and then summons them to court at a later date for the relevant offences IF the specimens come back over the limit. If there are other offences involved (such as driving while disqualified) the individual may be charged with those offences alone initially, or the whole lot may be lumped together for a single court hearing at a later date, depending on the individual circumstances of the case.

Sometimes they come back under the limit, for what it's worth. Or sometimes people refuse to provide specimens (then get charged with that).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That’s why it’s being debated on here. THE EXPERTS

A707E96B-E875-4AFB-A15A-B0AB0C658739.jpeg

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Breaking news on BBC, she's NOT been charged with a drink or drug offence. Just driving while disqualified and without insurance.

As of 14:19 the BBC were reporting this:
Reality TV star Katie Price has admitted drink-driving, driving without insurance and while disqualified following a car crash on Tuesday.

She was arrested after crashing her car near Partridge Green in West Sussex, Sussex Police said.

Price was taken to hospital but is not believed to have been seriously injured.

She pleaded guilty to all charges at Crawley Magistrates' Court.

After being confronted by police at the scene, she was heard saying: "I took drugs, I should not be driving, I admit it all," the court was told.

A drugs test gave a positive reading for cocaine, prosecutor Debbie Jones told the court.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If the latest report is accurate, why wouldn't she have been charged with drug-driving? She admitted taking drugs to OB and failed a drugs wipe for sniff. So why has she apparently escaped the charge?

Good to see that her sentencing has been deferred. Coz that would have happened to everybody else nicked in the same circumstances wouldn't it? We know she will be out driving again; previous bans have made no difference. That star-struck magistrate just better hope that she doesn't kill somebody next time.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If the latest report is accurate, why wouldn't she have been charged with drug-driving? She admitted taking drugs to OB and failed a drugs wipe for sniff. So why has she apparently escaped the charge?

Good to see that her sentencing has been deferred. Coz that would have happened to everybody else nicked in the same circumstances wouldn't it? We know she will be out driving again; previous bans have made no difference. That star-struck magistrate just better hope that she doesn't kill somebody next time.

She probably gave the magistrate a naughty Pricey
wink and the offer of a sore bottom.
That usually does the trick.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Been remanded in custody, according to BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-58733613

It doesn't say that at all.

"Chair of the bench Julie Hutton gave Price an interim driving ban, warning her: "We regularly send people to prison for driving whilst disqualified."
Price was told that her sentence would be deferred until 15 December on the condition that she have treatment at the Priory Centre, and not commit any further offences.
She was told she must also engage with the probation service.
Ms Hutton told her: "On that basis, Ms Price, you are free to go and good luck at the Priory.
"

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Defence solicitor Joe Harrington described the driving as a 'one off' incident and said Katie feeling lonely at home and decided to visit a friend.

"She has had a lot of personal problems recently," he told the court."

So, quite a lot going on in this lady’s life, a really difficult period.

"As I understand it, she had been drinking, she was lonely, and she decided to go and see a friend who lived a relatively short distance away and that is when the incident happened.”

So thats all right then. If you are pissed up, been on the coke and lonely, just take your car out for a spin to see a mate even though you are banned and have no insurance.

And how can it be 'one off' when she's been banned 6 times. ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A multi agency approach to her complex needs is required. But drink driving needs punishing. Okay, she has mental health issues and substance abuse problems and needs help for that but she's clearly got capacity. She has made a choice to consume alcohol and drive a car without a license. Whatever she was getting or whenever she was giung, she decided to risk it.

Addiction always causes reckless behaviour. It never excuses it. Addicts do not have immunity from the law but any sentence needs to reflect her need for drug treatment and counselling.

Having written that, I think she is an early example of all that is wrong in society and laid the foundations for some truly embarrassing "celebrity behaviour".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here