Karl Robinson approached by Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dons fan in peace. I took interest to the Hyypia sacking initially due to me originally being from Finland but now it's even more interesting with Karl being inevitably linked with another job.
There's often misconceptions about our club regarding money and budget. However we actually don't have a massive spending budget compared to other clubs in League 1. Over 90% of our signings over last few years have been free transfers or loan players. Due to a business minded chairman he managed to pull off our stadium without spending much money. We're just fortunate enough to have one of the best youth systems in the FL and a fantastic scouting team to help make up our squad.

This is probably the first time I'm not worried at all about Karl leaving us. He has previously turned down jobs from Championship clubs who are placed higher than you when he's had even less money to spend along with a smaller, less talented squad. He is finally on the cusp of achieving what he's spent half a decade working towards. We're playing the football he wants with the squad he's finally managed to build. We're getting massive results and terrifying teams around us. He would not throw this away to be with another team and potentially back in League 1 next year having to rebuild everything, even with the temptation of more fans and more money. We're both promising clubs looking to move up in the ladder and it would look better for him if he did it with us.

If this job had come along in the summer I think he'd have been a lot more tempted and probably taken it if I'm being honest. However it's a case of right job, wrong time. My mate was Christmas shopping in the Centre:MK shopping centre yesterday and he saw Karl with his wife walking around casually so he doesn't seem like he's rushing down to Brighton to be interviewed. He's recently moved to a new house and his daughter is settled in a local school so there's several reasons why I really can't see this happening. I think ultimately Brighton are actually better off with someone who has more experience in the Championship or higher; I've noticed Sherwood and Rosler have been named as candidates.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and hopefully we'll meet you in the Championship next year.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I think he would be a good choice, but it's unlikely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dons fan in peace.
Greetings

This is probably the first time I'm not worried at all about Karl leaving us. He has previously turned down jobs from Championship clubs who are placed higher than you
Who has he previously turned down? When a manager turns down a job, it's not normally clear whether they were even offered it in the first place.

He would not throw this away to be with another team and potentially back in League 1 next year having to rebuild everything
Just looking at the odds, Brighton are more likely to be in the Championship next season than MKD, so I don't see that as a reason for him to choose MK. Otherwise I don't really disagree with you, I'd imagine he'd like to see the team he's built being successful.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This is probably the first time I'm not worried at all about Karl leaving us. He has previously turned down jobs from Championship clubs who are placed higher than you when he's had even less money to spend along with a smaller, less talented squad. He is finally on the cusp of achieving what he's spent half a decade working towards. We're playing the football he wants with the squad he's finally managed to build. We're getting massive results and terrifying teams around us. He would not throw this away to be with another team and potentially back in League 1 next year having to rebuild everything, even with the temptation of more fans and more money. We're both promising clubs looking to move up in the ladder and it would look better for him if he did it with us.

This is the time I would worry. It may not get any better than how it is now. Get the bigger contract while it is on offer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, we are the only club EVER to have lost out on several players.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
"We have games coming up against Notts County and Walsall and I can guarantee I will be in charge for those two games."

That doesn't sounds like a man who's ruling himself out 100%.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
"We have games coming up against Notts County and Walsall and I can guarantee I will be in charge for those two games."

No but if he wanted to come, he would be saying I am looking forward to have games coming up against Fulham and Brentford......

Says alot about what he thinks about us if they are his priority he can feck right off...........

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

I thought the same. Seems an odd answer from a guy who has ruled out himself out a job. Why bother mentioning upcoming fixtures at his current club? Strange.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No but if he wanted to come, he would be saying I am looking forward to have games coming up against Fulham and Brentford......

Says alot about what he thinks about us if they are his priority he can feck right off...........

Sarcasm? Or do you inhabit an alternate reality of straight-talking, honest football managers?

Managers and players will always refuse to comment on or deny transfer rumours in case the deal doesn't come to fruition. That's not to say he's coming, but a quote from a football manager isn't worth the air it's spoken into.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sarcasm? Or do you inhabit an alternate reality of straight-talking, honest football managers?

Managers and players will always refuse to comment on or deny transfer rumours in case the deal doesn't come to fruition. That's not to say he's coming, but a quote from a football manager isn't worth the air it's spoken into.

you mean like politicians ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports