Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma to Saudi Arabia. I know, I know...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Chinese Super League wasn't sustainable and their government put and end to it didn't they?

The difference with the Saudi League is the Saudi's could fund it and throw bucket loads of cash at it for 100 years if they want. They've already got some of the best players in the world and bought numerous top European clubs and sporting leagues already.
’Liv Football’ won’t work like Liv Golf, least not in the UK. Too tribal unlike golf which is individual - even if all the ‘best‘ players sold their souls, football here would survive. Would be some sort of correction in terms of finances over time, but the league structure wouldn’t change. There’s a big distinction between owning a club in England and players actually going to KSA to play

Saudi football would be the domain of plastic fans in Asia etc

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think that's some clever wizardry by the Premier League trying to keep the standard shite no matter what players they have. Mark my word it'll be Frank Lampard next, and then possibly Roy 'final payday' Hodgson.
Yes, we know that Roy loves his money and isn't bothered how he gets it (South Africa during apartheid).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I heard from a ‘source’ that players / managers that agree to sign for a Saudi club do not have to live there . They can live in Dubai and commute .

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
It is not a serious league, it's a place players go to collect an even larger pay packet before retiring, like the USA and China before it. No serious player who wants to win things will go to the Arab state. the EPL and UCL are the prize for any serious football player.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
And replace him with....?

As someone else mentioned, are you currently on prescription medication ?
It's £50m for a player with a contract expiring in less than 2 years. Also, really strange comments about prescription medications....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's £50m for a player with a contract expiring in less than 2 years. Also, really strange comments about prescription medications....
Yeh, we have a number of players coming through who look good in that position. Enciso, Sarmiento, Adringa.

But Mitoma is a unique player. There's no like for like available.

I think he'll stay, but we'll come under big pressure in January to let him go

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Yeh, we have a number of players coming through who look good in that position. Enciso, Sarmiento, Adringa.

But Mitoma is a unique player. There's no like for like available.

I think he'll stay, but we'll come under big pressure in January to let him go
Yeah I don't see the issue, Mitoma is fantastic and direct but he's not world class and £50m+ for a player who is out of contract in two years is a no brainer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yeah I don't see the issue, Mitoma is fantastic and direct but he's not world class and £50m+ for a player who is out of contract in two years is a no brainer.
I sort of take your point. I watched highlights of the two home games against the Manchester clubs last night and they reminded me – United specifically – that he does often have a knack of not being able to score when he's done all the hard work. Plus he does have a knack of going down WAY too easily – and refs very quickly sussed that out last season. That said, I rate him very highly – probably somewhere between your £50m and other people's (slightly OTT, IMO) £100m+.

I'd also add he's not world class YET. Give him another season – and European football – and the world could well be his oyster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here