Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma to Saudi Arabia. I know, I know...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whether there is anything in this or not, I'd be very surprised if Mitoma had any real interest in heading to a footballing backwater after his breakout season and elevation to footballing stardom.

Bucketloads of cash can tempt people to do funny things though, I suppose.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Whether there is anything in this or not, I'd be very surprised if Mitoma had any real interest in heading to a footballing backwater after his breakout season and elevation to footballing stardom.

Bucketloads of cash can tempt people to do funny things though, I suppose.
I suppose the Saudi "league" is a good way to mark our cards on players. I know money is of course a big consideration for players and understandably so, but for any player who goes to Saudi, money is the ONLY priority.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK. But what if this was a Saudi team buy him for £100m and loan him to Newcastle type thing? He'd at least be listening then.

I'm not going to stress about it as we've got loads in that position, so if we take a massive fee to move to a Saudi club that's one thing. If he's lining up against us next season, that is something totally different.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
No one remembers those players that went to China for huge money ten or so years ago. It will be the same in Saudi. You get paid well but your legacy is all but forgotten. Mitoma should say at Brighton, it's a perfect fit for him.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I said on a thread a couple of weeks ago this is the death of the premier league, once one or two start going, wooooosh they will all be tempted. I would not be surprised if in under two seasons, the premier league will be playing second fiddle, all leagues have their moments in the Sun, Italian, Spanish, ok maybe not Scotland but it’s a cycle.
The only way for the Saudi league to fail, is no one watches it, sadly despite what we think in Europe the rest of the world might just.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I can see why. Marketing wise the Saudis would capture a huge audience with this and makes sense in a lot of ways. I’m sure Kauru has the sense to turn it down mind.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
No one remembers those players that went to China for huge money ten or so years ago. It will be the same in Saudi. You get paid well but your legacy is all but forgotten. Mitoma should say at Brighton, it's a perfect fit for him.
Oscar is still there! He must be absolutely minted by now and be able to purchase and own an entire City in Brazil with the proceeds from his wasted career.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Evolving situation?

Evolving from a firm stool. Into a more watery one?

If I was one of these grifters making stuff up there are so many more believable players that would go there for the money. He's literally like the worst one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here