[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma [27/2/24 - possibly out for the rest of the season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I take your point, but don’t entirely agree 😃

I said on another thread a couple of weeks ago, that for me he comes inside far too much and has become predictable. He needs to start going outside more, which will put doubt in defenders mind, he’ll then get more space.
He would have to use his left foot then
or the outside of his right foot to cross it,which always looks a bit strange and is less effective but it’s what he tends to do when he gets to the by line on the left hand side.
I know as I’ve been told previously on here this is known as invertered wing play
Personally I think it’s nonsense and it was much more effective and exciting for that matter when wingers were played on their natural side so then able to naturally cross with their strongest foot it might be outdated now but both Adingra and Mitoma had very little influence last night
Maybe swap them over see if it works any better

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe.
But I'm still not seeing the 1 on 1's where he would burn them off. He just keeps taking the easy option now. Cut inside - lay it off into traffic - end of move.
He didn't see much of the ball in the first half at Arsenal but was taking them on in the second and causing them problems. Led to the chance that Gross poked wide which, had it gone in would have changed the game in our favour.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
or the outside of his right foot to cross it,which always looks a bit strange and is less effective but it’s what he tends to do when he gets to the by line on the left hand side.
I know as I’ve been told previously on here this is known as invertered wing play
Personally I think it’s nonsense and it was much more effective and exciting for that matter when wingers were played on their natural side so then able to naturally cross with their strongest foot it might be outdated now but both Adingra and Mitoma had very little influence last night

Switching sides now and then is always a good idea.

Have you not noticed Mitoma being rather effective at times on the left though?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He does use the outside of his right foot and does so quite effectively, when he goes outside of a player.

I take your point though and think there’s arguments for both approaches.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
What’s all this nonsense about him having been rubbish for weeks? Yes, he’s not been as good as he was last season but we always look a totally different side when he’s in the team.

Take Burnley at home. We were pony in the first half. Mitoma came on at half time and all of a sudden we looked like we were going to score every time we went forward.

If he’s out for any period of time he’ll be a huge miss as without Solly and Fati to cover Adingra moving to the left, we have no replacement.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
He does use the outside of his right foot and does so quite effectively, when he goes outside of a player.

I take your point though and think there’s arguments for both approaches.
Absolutely is
I’m not that closed minded to say that this the way it should be and only this
And yes he has been pretty effective using his right foot outside flick thingy he does
I just think the stopping and cutting inside makes him easy to play against as Clyne found out last night

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
What’s all this nonsense about him having been rubbish for weeks? Yes, he’s not been as good as he was last season but we always look a totally different side when he’s in the team.

Take Burnley at home. We were pony in the first half. Mitoma came on at half time and all of a sudden we looked like we were going to score every time we went forward.

If he’s out for any period of time he’ll be a huge miss as without Solly and Fati to cover Adingra moving to the left, we have no replacement.
Yes this. He’s still got 7 goals and assists in the PL this season for us and apart from that, he is our most dangerous player in every game he plays as his runs scare defences and open up space for other players.

Even if he hasn’t got the goal or assist, he’s involved before - see both Brentford goals - a game he was very good in generally and was a massive part of both goals. I don’t know where we’d have been without him at times this season as generally we’ve lacked creative spark elsewhere in the final third.

To me he’s our MVP and he’s going to be a huge loss.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know it's probably been said but he is missing the Perv massively. Looks so much more confident when Stupid Nan is buzzing around him, causing distractions.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Screenshot_20231224_105046_The-Gulls.jpg
Screenshot_20231224_105039_The-Gulls.jpg

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Wow it must be a good time to play the Albion at present . It's surprising we are picking up any points.

Out of Action -

Mitoma
Enciso
Fati
Veltman
Webster
Lamptey
March
Estupinan

Out of Form -

Ferguson
Verbruggen

Out of Puff -

Lallana
Milner

Have I forgotten any ?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Wow it must be a good time to play the Albion at present . It's surprising we are picking up any points.

Out of Action -

Mitoma
Enciso
Fati
Veltman
Webster
Lamptey
March
Estupinan

Out of Form -

Ferguson
Verbruggen

Out of Puff -

Lallana
Milner

Have I forgotten any ?
Hinshelwood and Facu unable to go 90’
Welbeck unable to go 90’
Moder unable to go 90’
Ivor still bedding in
Adingra still bedding in
Dahoud still bedding in

Apart from that - We’re in great shape 😂

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Welbeck unable to go 90’
Moder unable to go 90’
Ivor still bedding in
Adingra still bedding in
Dahoud still bedding in

Groß too slow

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Out of Action -

Mitoma
Enciso
Fati
Veltman
Webster
Lamptey
March
Estupinan

Out of Form -

Ferguson
Verbruggen

Out of Puff -

Lallana
Milner

Have I forgotten any ?
Pervis on the bench against Spuds

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Welbeck unable to go 90’
Moder unable to go 90’
Ivor still bedding in
Adingra still bedding in
Dahoud still bedding in

And still palace had to time waste at home to us to grab a point 🤣

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Out of Action -

Mitoma
Enciso
Fati
Veltman
Webster
Lamptey
March
Estupinan

Out of Form -

Ferguson
Verbruggen