Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed. Frankly, he doesn’t seem… er… all that sharp? I don’t know him from Adam but he doesn’t convey the sense that he would move to a different country and learn the lingo. Might be my own snobbery talking.

Actually, it’s totally my own snobbery talking.
:lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shitter

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ah well. We can all look forward to Round Three of 'Will he, won't he?' next Summer...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed. Frankly, he doesn’t seem… er… all that sharp? I don’t know him from Adam but he doesn’t convey the sense that he would move to a different country and learn the lingo. Might be my own snobbery talking.

Actually, it’s totally my own snobbery talking.
:lol:
Why would he leave with 1 year left, in an open market he could pocket £40 million signing on and massive wages?

Leaving now is not the "sharp" option, most, if not all the top clubs in Europe will take him on a free

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I'd like to see him go - still so few English players playing for top European clubs. Surely the lowest percentage of players abroad?
I've always wondered if that isn't a weakness in the England national team. Pretty much every other team at an international tournament will have at least one (and often more) players with Premier League experience (if not current Premier League players), while the England team has almost zero experience outside England.

So every team knows what to expect from an England team, and England are mostly clueless about how Spanish, French, German, Italian, etc. teams are likely to play.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've always wondered if that isn't a weakness in the England national team. Pretty much every other team at an international tournament will have at least one (and often more) players with Premier League experience (if not current Premier League players), while the England team has almost zero experience outside England.

So every team knows what to expect from an England team, and England are mostly clueless about how Spanish, French, German, Italian, etc. teams are likely to play.
I’d never thought about this but it’s a good point. Those 4 nations you list have all won world cups in the last 20 years as well.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Not sure that matters in the age of analytics measuring statistics to the nth degree
But I’m pretty sure the players would benefit from the life experience
That said there does seem to be more youngsters chancing their arm abroad So perhaps this will change organically

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here