Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane cheats again

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Falls over in the area against Villa, clutches leg and Mike Dean gives the penalty. Why didn't VAR pick up that one? Kane is such a cheat.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Falls over in the area against Villa, clutches leg and Mike Dean gives the penalty. Why didn't VAR pick up that one? Kane is such a cheat.

He's a massive cheat Kane but yet seems to get the recognition for being an honest sort of player. Ref's are too scared to book him based on what the media preach about him. Can't wait to see him getting sent off for diving. Fully deserved.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Not going to start a thread about it but did I see West Ham take a free quick very quickly when Arsenal were not ready and score and it was allowed.
I think I did.

You obviously don't know the rules properly. I'll explain, West Ham are 5th in the league which means they can currently score quick free kicks without the ref trying to cancel it. Had they been in 17/16th position instead of where they are now, that free kick wouldn't have stood. Simple.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Only just seen the brief Sky highlights and unbelievable how he gets away with it. Having not seen it live did VAR not review it at all?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Only just seen the brief Sky highlights and unbelievable how he gets away with it. Having not seen it live did VAR not review it at all?
VAR did review it. For penalties, the threshhold is "did the two players touch", and if they did, then the referee's decision to give a penalty is confirmed.

Remember they need to give a lot of penalties to make up for the goals disallowed for offside which were legal goals until VAR came in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is no other team in the Prem that con the ref as Villa do - Grealish has made a career out of it and taught his teammates well - so it is funny to see them on the receiving end for once.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Can't blame Kane for doing what he does even if it doesn't sit well with us fans, the rules are perfectly set up for him to get penalties because of bungling rule makers.

He earns his team countless chances to score goals based on the rules as they stand, clever player really, I'd turn my hate on the rule makers, not him.

Some players do play fair and don't go down in the area when slyly nudged or tripped, do they get just reward? Of course not, hence Kane does what he has to do.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Going down in the box is now an art form. Players are so skilled at deceit that most people cannot tell the difference now. The ' leg drag ' against the keeper, to instigate contact is now commonplace. The keeper has no chance. He is trying to reach the ball. The attacker, reaching the ball at the same time as the keeper, toe pokes it miles past the keeper and instigates contact. Not in control of the ball but penalty given. Attacking players going past defenders don't think about scoring anymore. They just brush against the defender and go down. Its cynical, its polished and its lazy. They don't have to demonstrate any skill anymore. Just instigate contact and go down.
Its too entrenched now. Its like someone stealing who keeps getting away with it. They play the percentages and know, because of the idiotic rules, that they are in their favour.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Total cheating wanker, I really dislike him.

When is this going to be picked up by the refs and media?! All fans of clubs other than Spurs are aware of it now.

Really wish he wasn’t England captain.

Harry Kane is one reason I will not support England. That and other horrible little cheats and prima donnas we come up against every week in the league. I know some of our players are far from blameless, but the national team seems stuffed full of his ilk.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can't blame Kane for doing what he does even if it doesn't sit well with us fans, the rules are perfectly set up for him to get penalties because of bungling rule makers.

He earns his team countless chances to score goals based on the rules as they stand, clever player really, I'd turn my hate on the rule makers, not him.

Some players do play fair and don't go down in the area when slyly nudged or tripped, do they get just reward? Of course not, hence Kane does what he has to do.

No one forces someone to lack integrity. He is a terrible example to younger players and profits by conning people. What a nasty little person he is. Remember the way he cheated to get spurs a penalty against us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
VAR did review it. For penalties, the threshhold is "did the two players touch", and if they did, then the referee's decision to give a penalty is confirmed.

Remember they need to give a lot of penalties to make up for the goals disallowed for offside which were legal goals until VAR came in.

Was it Connolly’s penalty that got overturned in the Liverpool home game this year?

That bloody got overturned.

They make it up as they go along.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was it Connolly’s penalty that got overturned in the Liverpool home game this year?

That bloody got overturned.

They make it up as they go along.

Connolly won a penalty against Man Utd that was then over turned when the ref went to the screen. The penalty that Maupay missed against Liverpool was given after Neco Williams fouled Connolly.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kane is playing professional football not auditioning for bible class. He's under no more or no less obligation to stick to the letter of the rules than anyone else. It's cute and he does initiate the contact for sure but Cash going off his feet and diving in is what convinces the VAR Ref to give it. It's very soft but its still a pen.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No sympathy at all for Aston Villa, but yeh, Kane has gone down a lot in my estimation in the last year or so

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many Villa players did he try to hospitialise yesterday?

#NotThatKindofPlayer

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Connolly dives significantly more than kane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's probably only ever done it, what 2 or 3 times?

Not excusing it. But as a young man he still has time to correct his ways

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here