Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wisła Kraków;10124162 said:
What else... maybe about your last Polish purchase. I am really glad that "Modzio" met your expectations, he needs to add some more numbers to the Gulls' stats but his limits are much higher.

Moder is looking fantastic, except that he has caught the ‘Brighton disease’. He can’t shoot for shit anymore yet his Polish showreel evidences a man with a supreme long range shot. Was he actually known for this shooting prowess in the land of walkie talkies and bullet proof vests? If so, when will it return? We need his goals to sustain a top 10 position.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd say Moder has room for improvement, but in terms of his first year with the team he has done well, and is probably ahead of where Bissouma was after his first year.

I see that Kozlowski's transfer fee is 16 x bigger than USG's own transfer record. If things weren't so crazy with Covid I'd fancy heading over there and taking in a game.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is a signing, but not really as we won't see him at the Amex for a while.
A striker who can go straight into the first team please.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Exactly as I feel about it. For me it’s a signing for some Belgium/ European side as was the Japanese fella and to a certain degree Caicedo

Once they come over to us and start playing whenever that may be, that will be good, but they are not on my radar and frankly I don’t care about these buy to loan players.

To reiterate, the amount of shit abramovitch got on here about him loaning out so many players ( it was 46 at one point) seems a bit churlish. How many people actually think that Matt Clarke ( the kiddie from Portsmouth and has been hawked around the championship) will ever be seen in the premier team!

Maybe football has become a , buy a youngster for as little as you can get for him, send him out on loan to various teams and sell him on for as much money as you can get! That seemed to be the business model for Ben White and yes we had a season out of him, but he was our cash cow!

boik

Exactly as I feel about it. For me it’s a signing for some Belgium/ European side as was the Japanese fella and to a certain degree Caicedo

Once they come over to us and start playing whenever that may be, that will be good, but they are not on my radar and frankly I don’t care about these buy to loan players.

To reiterate, the amount of shit abramovitch got on here about him loaning out so many players ( it was 46 at one point) seems a bit churlish. How many people actually think that Matt Clarke ( the kiddie from Portsmouth and has been hawked around the championship) will ever be seen in the premier team!

Maybe football has become a , buy a youngster for as little as you can get for him, send him out on loan to various teams and sell him on for as much money as you can get! That seemed to be the business model for Ben White and yes we had a season out of him, but he was our cash cow!

It's always been thus.

I'm sure we all know people who were taken on by clubs only to not make it further down the line. The only real difference is that you can now read about all of it online.

When you say you don't care about these players. You do realise that it is the future of our club both on and off the pitch that you are effectively not caring about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Try looking at it on the basis we have solved this summer’s transfers nice and early then ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Surprised you are struggling with this so much. It is pretty simple.

You either get young prospects in, develop them to the level - which we are currently at one of the highest levels of football in the world - which much like Ben White means sending them to lower levels to build up to where they are today.

OR you don't develop any youngsters, you wait for them to be fully formed premier league ready superstars - and spend £50M+ each per player.

Luckily we have football operators that are running with a long term mentality rather than a now now now short term one

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

Just one aspect of the difference between being a successful Premier league club and a more noddy one lower down the football pyramid.

I love the current version of the Albion.

For the record, I wouldn't love it a fraction as much if we had an owner like Abramovich or Saudi Arabia.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I wouldn't hold your breath. The last striker we signed in the January window has just left us on a free after costing the club around £25m in transfer fee and wages for the return of 3 goals.

We've made quite a few significant signings in the January window in the Amex era, but Locadia is (I think) the only player we've signed with the intention of going straight into the first-team squad since promotion to the Premier League. Lamptey did get a good run in 19/20, but that possibly wouldn't have happened if we'd not had the 3 month suspension of games due to Covid.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn't hold your breath. The last striker we signed in the January window has just left us on a free after costing the club around £25m in transfer fee and wages for the return of 3 goals.

We've made quite a few significant signings in the January window in the Amex era, but Locadia is (I think) the only player we've signed with the intention of going straight into the first-team squad since promotion to the Premier League. Lamptey did get a good run in 19/20, but that possibly wouldn't have happened if we'd not had the 3 month suspension of games due to Covid.

5 or 6 goals isn't it ?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Surprised you are struggling with this so much. It is pretty simple.

You either get young prospects in, develop them to the level - which we are currently at one of the highest levels of football in the world - which much like Ben White means sending them to lower levels to build up to where they are today.

OR you don't develop any youngsters, you wait for them to be fully formed premier league ready superstars - and spend £50M+ each per player.

Luckily we have football operators that are running with a long term mentality rather than a now now now short term one

I don't think anyone's deriding it as a footballing strategy. we can mostly all see the massive benefits of it and we can mostly all see that it's really the only way for us to compete as a club at this level. and it is exciting watching the club bring in fantastic young prospects who've been chased by the big clubs and we know could be worth many millions in a few years time, it's just not as exciting as having a shiny new first team signing. that's all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking forward to watch even more USG this spring. Seen about half of their games so far.

Hopefully Kozlowski plays well. If he is performing, and then performing during preseason, I dont think you can rule out him being part of the Brighton squad for next season.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I don't think anyone's deriding it as a footballing strategy. we can mostly all see the massive benefits of it and we can mostly all see that it's really the only way for us to compete as a club at this level. and it is exciting watching the club bring in fantastic young prospects who've been chased by the big clubs and we know could be worth many millions in a few years time, it's just not as exciting as having a shiny new first team signing. that's all.

I was pretty excited at the prospect of Ben White making his Albion debut. I think we all realise the club's strategy is the ONLY way BHA is ever going to be sustainable. And it seems to be working.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
I was pretty excited at the prospect of Ben White making his Albion debut. I think we all realise the club's strategy is the ONLY way BHA is ever going to be sustainable. And it seems to be working.

well yes, but I wasn't when we signed him for our academy aged 16, and I don't think many other people were either. just like while I'll probably be dead excited about kozłowski making his debut in a year or two, I'm not going to pretend that signing someone to go on loan to our feeder club in belgium is as exciting as signing someone to go straight into the first team and compete for a place, like cucurella. because it isn't.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
well yes, but I wasn't when we signed him for our academy aged 16, and I don't think many other people were either. just like while I'll probably be dead excited about kozłowski making his debut in a year or two, I'm not going to pretend that signing someone to go on loan to our feeder club in belgium is as exciting as signing someone to go straight into the first team and compete for a place, like cucurella. because it isn't.

It's different strokes for different folks. I love a first team signing, everyone does. It's a huge buzz when they start their first match especially when they start well and I don't decry anyone who loves a big name signing. I think that over our time in the Premier League, I've started to get more excited by our longer term signings coming into the side. To me, the buzz seeing Sanchez's name on the team sheet for Spurs last year was just as real and exciting than Cucurella.

Even Tau was exciting because it took so long to see him in a Brighton shirt. That wait is what makes it exciting for me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not going to pretend that signing someone to go on loan to our feeder club in belgium is as exciting as signing someone to go straight into the first team and compete for a place, like cucurella. because it isn't.

It is for some of us. It's exciting in a different way - in a less gratuitous way - but it's equally exciting because this is another sign that this club has a sustainable future at this level (or beyond). With our history, the opportunity to look foreward with a levbel of confidence, or at least hope, is very exciting.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
It's different strokes for different folks. I love a first team signing, everyone does. It's a huge buzz when they start their first match especially when they start well and I don't decry anyone who loves a big name signing. I think that over our time in the Premier League, I've started to get more excited by our longer term signings coming into the side. To me, the buzz seeing Sanchez's name on the team sheet for Spurs last year was just as real and exciting than Cucurella.

Even Tau was exciting because it took so long to see him in a Brighton shirt. That wait is what makes it exciting for me.

spot on. I'd elaborate and say it's a different kind of feeling altogether. you do feel a sense of pride whenever an academy player comes through to the first team, in a way that doesn't really happen with new first team signings.

and I absolutely love the fact that we have a long term strategy in place, and it makes me feel a lot more secure about the future of the club. again, a totally different type of feeling. it just doesn't replicate the buzz of a first team signing, and I'm making that point because I feel like some (not you, but particularly people like Naylor) see people wanting first team signings and immediately assume that they're just behaving like greedy children or that they're simply too stupid to see the long-term vision of the club, when that just isn't true.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Have to say I'm more excited about this signing than seeing Tau make his debut (perhaps because I had seen quite a bit of Tau and really didnt think he would make it in the PL).

Then again I'm also more excited about watching the U23s than I am about any transfer rumours. I look forward to see Ferguson make his PL debut more than I look forward to the next striker signing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking forward to watch even more USG this spring. Seen about half of their games so far.

Hopefully Kozlowski plays well. If he is performing, and then performing during preseason, I dont think you can rule out him being part of the Brighton squad for next season.

Are you planning on attending any games? The Beerschot pre-play offs finale looks a good’un!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
It is for some of us. It's exciting in a different way - in a less gratuitous way - but it's equally exciting because this is another sign that this club has a sustainable future at this level (or beyond). With our history, the opportunity to look foreward with a levbel of confidence, or at least hope, is very exciting.

well excitement is entirely subjective, so of course I'm talking about my own personal feelings about this. It is, as you say, a different kind of excitement. I don't want to give the impression that I'm rolling my eyes at these kind of signings, that WOULD be entitled, but it's exciting in more of a curious way, and doesn't really have the buzz of a first team signing. it comes from the same place though, for me to see us go from signing the likes of billy paynter to marc cucurella is where the "wow!" factor lies for me.

whereas the young talents, as I've said in a post above, create more of a sense of security, that the future of our club is in safe hands, which is still exciting, just in a less immediate way. maybe that'll become more exciting in future years, particularly considering that our academy has only started producing some serious first team talents in the last few seasons, dunky and solly aside. especially with the disappointment of some youth signings like jack harper, it may take a while for me to get as hyped up about academy/for the future signings as I get with first team signings (though of course you get disappointing first team signings too). I, and the vast majority of people on here, see the vision of the club though, and I don't want anyone to be under the impression that that's not the case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here