Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Just why would he?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Definitely, RDZ's stock was at its highest last Thursday night.

There wasn't a single club in world football that wouldn't have asked to interview him Friday morning.

What a difference a day makes!

I too hope he goes elsewhere, but he is leaving and it will be sooner than we want, because we are just a poor provisional club.
Bloody hell, have you not had those weetabix yet?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’d be surprised. But was adamant that Potter wouldn’t go to Chelsea when he did so clearly I know nothing.
But there does seem to be some movement on new signings and I presume there may be a little more “security” than with Potter as Bloom most likely won’t want to go through that again.
What you do know is that Potter didn’t last long at Chelsea. Despite the smart haircut, false cheery persona, new clothes, his own coaching team, Cucurella, a massive salary and £millions of perceived talent, it didn’t work out.

Potter aged, looked beaten, his family and family life suffered, his reputation went down the pan and he lost a lot of respect from Albion and genuine football fans.

I’d hope RDZ shows a bit more thought and class despite Potter’s £millions in the bank.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody hell, have you not had those weetabix yet?
Hahahaha - no the bowl out but I'm inexplicably defending Katie Price's right to drive...

...it's been a wild ride this morning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What you do know is that Potter didn’t last long at Chelsea. Despite the smart haircut, false cheery persona, new clothes, his own coaching team, Cucurella, a massive salary and £millions of perceived talent, it didn’t work out.

Potter aged, looked beaten, his family and family life suffered, his reputation went down the pan and he lost a lot of respect from Albion and genuine football fans.

I’d hope RDZ shows a bit more thought and class despite Potter’s £millions in the bank.
Would that be the broken man who's currently being touted by Nice? - which is (very) nice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Would that be the broken man who's currently being touted by Nice - which is (very) nice?
Good luck to him if that’s the case. Then onto club sides in Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Luxembourg, then Scotland
If you've nothing nice to say, say nothing...

.... Scotchland indeed.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
He won’t. I think he is pretty careful about where he goes and knows he won’t get the support from Levy that he gets here and I am sure he’ll know it.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Son in law is Spurs and told me he would take Potter in a heartbeat. Says they have a history of ex-Chelsea managers coming to them. He always admired the football we played and with Kane and Son you never know they should score goals as well. They haven’t won anything for over 40 years I think, so no pressure there. He tells me they just want good football and if they have that they don’t care about trophies, for now.

Someone said on the radio the other day Spurs are only considered a big club because of the stadium, they don’t win things to justify it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I would ignore that article.... It's written in a journalists typical over dramatic style, its trying to make it seem like Nagelsmann is NOW not an option for Spurs, as in this is new news, & they've moved onto other targets in approaching De Zerbi. But within that same article it says ''there have been no talks and Spurs are not considering him for the role.' regarding Nagelsmann. So he never was an option really?

& regarding them approaching De Zerbi via that insight from Guillem Balague. There is a recent interview when Balague discusses RDZ and he does claim Spurs approached him at some point, but doesnt give a time frame, and then says ''They really, really like what he is doing and it’s interesting that it seems his next step is to actually stay at Brighton for one more year to keep learning the league he is in.'' A pretty important detail that the BBC article has left out to make the Nagelsmann/Spurs/RDZ claims more dramatic.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
are Spurs particularly badly run? look more like they run a tight ship and dont like to spaff transfer money, managers get promises, dont get the players they dream of and leave in a huff. last few managers have just been poor for their expectations. can see the attraction for any manager to take a top name club with potential, big (just not big enough) budget, and a large wage.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If you're an ambitious manager who hasn't quite proved yourself yet, there can't be many better clubs to go to than Tottenham. Consistently around the champions league places but due to underperformimg the hierarchy and fans probably wouldn't have unrealistic expectations.

If a manager went there, played attractive football and had then in the top six the fanbase would be satisfied I suspect.

I hope RDZ wouldn't be tempted but it would be a good step on his path to elite management. I suspect he'll realise he has a bit to learn before making the leap though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Potter wasn’t interested in Spurs. Doubt RDZ will be.

The quote is old and Spurs must have the worst expectations to achievement ratio in the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here