Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just the Striker to Come.......................

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think he wanted more than Gus was prepared to give him and Gus decided he rather put the money towards a better striker like CMS, which seemed logical at the time.

Murray is a comfortably better all-round player than CMS. CMS may be better purely as a finisher, even then I'm not 100% convinced.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
severnside gull; Billy Paynter - not as silly as it sounds maybe. There is still a good striker in there waiting to get out and Gus has found it before. Given his predeliction for ex-players might he try again? QUOTE said:
Please never say this EVER again.

If BDB is the answer, the question definately isn't " Who is the striker to get us into the prem"

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm starting to think GM would be the best option. (Apart from the unlikely ones: BZ, Saha, RSC etc...)

Has there been any speculation about GM or is it just the fact that he would compliment CMS, which is getting his name mentioned more and more.
I think it's simply all of us clutching at staws to second guess the striker... If the last 4 signings are anything to go by championship experience is the minimum requirement, premier league experience is something GP likes...so the idea of gm,Saha,bz all fit but it is more about cost and wages than anything else.. Hence Aaron McLean would be a decent option...he looked good against us last year at the Amex and surely is affordable?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
All this talk about a striker to compliment CMS but I think Gus will play with just one up front.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we just accept that Gus f***ed up letting GM go and leave it at that? He ain't coming back

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sebastian Abreu

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is honestly more chance of this bottle of Asahi playing up front for us next season than Louis Saha doing so I'm afraid.

asahi__95128_zoom.jpg
:lol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Regarding Billy Paynter ,he's at Blackpool on trial at the moment and Donny are reported to be interested in signing him too !!

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
All this talk about a striker to compliment CMS but I think Gus will play with just one up front.

Yeah me too, don't know why I even bothered mentioning a strike partner for CMS. I imagine all we're gonna do is "get better at the way we play" like Gus said. Probably working on ways to gett men closer to CMS too, which obviously isnt to easy when the defence is so deep.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah me too, don't know why I even bothered mentioning a strike partner for CMS. I imagine all we're gonna do is "get better at the way we play" like Gus said. Probably working on ways to gett men closer to CMS too, which obviously isnt to easy when the defence is so deep.

We have better athletes at FB this season so hopefully will play a higher line.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
We have better athletes at FB this season so hopefully will play a higher line.

Yeah I c your point when defending, I was thinking abit more about when we're attacking. Defenders come deep to get the ball off GK, has the knock on effect of bring the midfielders back abit too and leaving CMS abit isolated.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Regarding Billy Paynter ,he's at Blackpool on trial at the moment and Donny are reported to be interested in signing him too !!

His trial was supposed to last a week at Blackpool , he was training with the Donny squad yesterday so has moved there for a trial.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Can we just accept that Gus f***ed up letting GM go and leave it at that? He ain't coming back

Nope, I never thought that Murray was that great when watching him play at the Withdean, and I still don't. Murray was a lazy striker for us and a miserable sod, seemed arrogant I always thought. Never came across as a team player and not flair enough either!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah I c your point when defending, I was thinking abit more about when we're attacking. Defenders come deep to get the ball off GK, has the knock on effect of bring the midfielders back abit too and leaving CMS abit isolated.

This annoys me and England do the same. A Centre Half takes ball off the keeper then a midfielder runs all the way back to take it off him leaving little passing options in the middle of the park.

I want to see our CB's bringing the ball out this season rather than Bridcutt keep running back to take a 2 yard pass off them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
McLean would be my choice to tie it together with CMS but as a "possibly practical" outsider I would love to see Adrian Mutu here - pretty much the definition of "exciting" for me :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here