Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No that was my point. She's only standing outside a court trying eco protestors. She's not moving round the country with that sign supporting burglars.
the real point is we aren't allowed any case related protest outside a court. she was told to stop, didn't, so is in contempt of court. courts take that very seriously, because without it the whole judical system starts creeking.

some get confused between a cause and points of procedure. it they want this protest to be permitted, then let all protest outside courts go ahead, with all the implications that follow.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Nothing aggressive. It's called common sense.

You'd have to be a complete moron to put yourself in harms way when you have no idea about the complete strangers you will come in contact with.

Don't f*** with people. It's not that hard.
especially the ard barstards

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Just watched that brilliant "Rise of Brighton and Hove Albion" video/posting. The quotes from the fans protesting at the beginning are something like this: "We're just sick to death of what's going on down there. We've hoped that somebody would do something. Direct action is the only way. It's pathetic that we've had to come to this, but (there's) nothing else (we can) do", as fans march down Queens Road and pull down goalposts. Thank god those fans did protest and cause disruption.

Today Rishi has announced he's pushing back net zero targets, and 3 days ago scientists described the low level of sea ice surrounding Antarctica as "almost mind-blowing" (fairly sure he didn't mean in a good way).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Unwanted physical manhandling is assault. That's not "stretching the definition to the max" either.

Want to be an idiot?

Here is the definition of Vigilante:

The people pushing the JSO jerks out of the way are not "a member of a self-appointed group of citizens". They are normal people trying to get on with their lives which is hard enough, without others deliberately trying to impede their lives.

Next you'll be telling me that a citizen stopping a knife welding mass murderer in the streets of London is a crime against the murderer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-20-19-02-29-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-20-19-02-29-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 20

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
violence is a right?

Absolutely, in the right circumstances. If a man was attacking my teenage daughter, you can be sure I'm not going to enter some theoretical debate with him over the rights and wrongs of hitting females.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Next you'll be telling me that a citizen stopping a knife welding mass murderer in the streets of London is a crime against the murderer.
No because that would be self-defence. Do at least try and keep things plausible.

As for your definition, “self-appointed group of citizens” is exactly how I would describe the motorists in question, else they could have waited for the police.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
No because that would be self-defence. Do at least try and keep things plausible.

As for your definition, “self-appointed group of citizens” is exactly how I would describe the motorists in question, else they could have waited for the police.

It wouldn't be self defence if the knife weilder was not threatening the person the citizen themselves, but others. No self defence. However still goes against what you said.

Me keep in plausible? Lol. There's one 50+ year old lady pushing a lad 20 years younger out of the way so she can get past in her car. Yea lock her up for being a vigilante. Maybe you could take up screen writing and do a newer version of the old vigilante film Death Wish and use a 60 year old granny wielding her handbag at JSO and Extinction Rebellionists?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It wouldn't be self defence if the knife weilder was not threatening the person the citizen themselves, but others. No self defence. However still goes against what you said.

Me keep in plausible? Lol. There's one 50+ year old lady pushing a lad 20 years younger out of the way so she can get past in her car. Yea lock her up for being a vigilante. Maybe you could take up screen writing and do a newer version of the old vigilante film Death Wish and use a 60 year old granny wielding her handbag at JSO and Extinction Rebellionists?
If you think people committing assault shouldn’t be jailed, that’s your opinion.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If you think people committing assault shouldn’t be jailed, that’s your opinion.

And if you think there's no such thing as extenuating circumstances, then that's your opinion. Like I said, anyone touching my kids will be getting assaulted, at a minimum.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And if you think there's no such thing as extenuating circumstances, then that's your opinion. Like I said, anyone touching my kids will be getting assaulted, at a minimum.
So we now have “knife wielding murderer” and “kiddie fiddler” as being the equivalent of being in a road when someone wants to get past. Anything else you’d like to equate it to in your game of false equivalences, or are you done?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I doubt there would be much point in waiting for the police. I'd be surprised if they turn up at all unless the people being impeded start getting violent. They won't come if the people getting held up just sit and take it (which, in theory, they should; but it's understandable, when rule of law is not being upheld, that they get angry. Driving cars at them is way beyond the pale, though. Pushing them out of the way is OK within reason, IMO.)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just watched that brilliant "Rise of Brighton and Hove Albion" video/posting. The quotes from the fans protesting at the beginning are something like this: "We're just sick to death of what's going on down there. We've hoped that somebody would do something. Direct action is the only way. It's pathetic that we've had to come to this, but (there's) nothing else (we can) do", as fans march down Queens Road and pull down goalposts. Thank god those fans did protest and cause disruption.

Today Rishi has announced he's pushing back net zero targets, and 3 days ago scientists described the low level of sea ice surrounding Antarctica as "almost mind-blowing" (fairly sure he didn't mean in a good way).
The eve before our European adventure this is a brilliant post amidst the binfest.
Thank god those supporters put up a fight and thank god some people are putting up a fight for this planet now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So we now have “knife wielding murderer” and “kiddie fiddler” as being the equivalent of being in a road when someone wants to get past. Anything else you’d like to equate it to in your game of false equivalences, or are you done?

Absolutely. JSO morons blocking ordinary people struggling to get on with their lives.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
So, assault or a criminal act is only so in certain circumstances and you appear to know where you draw the line? The gist of your argument up to now has been ‘assault is assault’ and cannot be defended whatever the extenuating circumstances. A perfectly reasonable argument. Now you appear to be contradicting yourself.
Illustrates to me how this subject is far from black or white.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The eve before our European adventure this is a brilliant post amidst the binfest.
Thank god those supporters put up a fight and thank god some people are putting up a fight for this planet now.
Whereas others would have supported people driving cars at them apparently

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolutely. JSO morons blocking ordinary people struggling to get on with their lives.
If you think JSO disrupt ordinary people’s lives, wait until you see what climate change does.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Business Secretary thinks it's ludicrous that the poorest people in society, cannot even afford a car. So out of touch.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Want to be an idiot?

Here is the definition of Vigilante:

The people pushing the JSO jerks out of the way are not "a member of a self-appointed group of citizens". They are normal people trying to get on with their lives which is hard enough, without others deliberately trying to impede their lives.

It would do your credibility the world of good if, each time you defend the "pushing the JSO jerks out the way" you acknowledge, as @dsr-burnley has done, that driving your car in to people is way beyond what is acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here