Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's a matter of timing. They can surely arrest the man who is climbing on to the snooker table with his orange bag in his hand, without waiting for him to chuck it. When does the period they arrest him for the intent, start?
A very good question.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A very good question.
It is a good question. I would say that particular individual should have been picked up at the security screening upon entry to the venue and turned away. Thus negating the risk of what happened.

It’s a failing in security and not a matter for the police. In my opinion.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It is a good question. I would say that particular individual should have been picked up at the security screening upon entry to the venue and turned away. Thus negating the risk of what happened.

It’s a failing in security and not a matter for the police. In my opinion.
Which then leads to the question of civil liberties in searching suspected orange powder disruptors. I can see certain problems with making apparently fat people bare their stomachs to make sure there's no packet of powder in there, and as for the amount that could be hidden down the trousers ... :eek:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which then leads to the question of civil liberties in searching suspected orange powder disruptors. I can see certain problems with making apparently fat people bare their stomachs to make sure there's no packet of powder in there, and as for the amount that could be hidden down the trousers ... :eek:
Yep. You’re right.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I would totally disagree that someone should be arrested for carrying organge powder.

The morality around arresting people for intent is complex and rather terrifying depending on the situation. It is also very hard to prove. Very hard to work out where to draw the line too.

To suggest there can be little objection to this notion is disingenuous today the least. There is huge objection to it, which is why it has not been law for so long. The grey areas and nuance of the whole idea make it impossible to pass legislation in all but a small minority of areas.
it is a depressing when you see people actively wishing for a government to diminish their own rights and powers. #GASLIT

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I do hope that Tarquin and Pippa are being dropped off in their all electric SUV by Mater and Pater at Epsom prior to luzzing their turmeric all over the shop. I assume someone has reminded them of lack of trainage.
There's no way I'd get on a filthy public transport train in my sky blue Todds suede driving shoes. 🙄

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Bit of an intake of recent joiners who post like some banned members.
Posting on the main board like they are in the bear pit.

Let’s not go back to those days. NSC is a much nicer place without the name calling and bear baiting .

Being a member for two months and already having the confidence to call someone names?

My advice would be if you’ve managed to circumvent a ban, play it cool.
I was surprised at your post. I thought he was being a little overly self critical rather than flinging out an insult....based on....

twat
noun
VULGAR SLANG

1. 1.
    BRITISH
    a stupid or obnoxious person.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
According to the news, 19 arrests made on eejuts planning to disrupt the Derby.
Aren’t they Animal Rising eejits though, rather than JSO? From social media it looks like JSO have been walking slowly round the roads of London.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aren’t they Animal Rising eejits though, rather than JSO? From social media it looks like JSO have been walking slowly round the roads of London.
Which has sped up the traffic by an average of 17%.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What sort of plum decides to run on a track with 14 horses all weighing well over 1100lbs hurtling towards you at about 35mph IN THE NAME OF ANIMAL WELFARE?

Unreal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here