Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just seen this !

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
This really is blind datish, we're expecting drop dead gorgeous but hope it doesn't end up a right ????!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Liking the look of the new NSC-touted coach/manager. Tho needs the club not to hamstring him with funds to only hire donkeys, else we'll end up with the same result as the last two seasons. Sorry Tony but you're going to have to spend a further serious bit of money to get out of this division (upwards). All the hotels and training grounds in the world won't take you to the next level. And all the Thumbs Down on this post won't alter the truth of the matter one little bit.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Lets just employ a manager who knows this league and what it takes to get out of it. Not sure why some are getting excited about a PE teacher :facepalm:

A former PE teacher like José Mourinho, you mean. I guess you wouldn't want Mourinho either. He does lack Championship experience.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If it happens no doubt 2 games in to the season Ernest will conduct a poll asking whether he should be sacked. About 30 bedwetters will agree claiming they can not see the identity or brand of football we are trying to play.
He will get us in the playoffs anyway despite at least 15 polls asking if he should be sacked. He will lose the semi final against someone we have beaten teice over the season before finally declaring its not working for him and leave. NSC will go into meltdown again and will vote its Burkes fault before for the 3rd year running Tim Sherwood is made bookies favorite early on only to be over looked again for some new up and coming manager

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes, this guy I have never heard of I am so excited! I really hope we are able to pull this off.

I sense some sarcasm. The guy you've never heard of used to work for Chelsea and PSG. He's currently Assistant Manager at Real Madrid. Not a bad CV.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A former PE teacher like José Mourinho, you mean. I guess you wouldn't want Mourinho either. He does lack Championship experience.
He is unproven at manager level ie. never managed a team in his life, I just don't the excitement. We cant keep trying people out every season.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Lets just employ a manager who knows this league and what it takes to get out of it. Not sure why some are getting excited about a PE teacher :facepalm:

Micky Adams?
Owen Coyle?
Adie Boothroyd?
Ian Holloway?

I spose you would come back with Malky Mackay, which I would MASSIVELY support, but my point is that having done well in this league in the past means nothing in terms of what they would achieve here.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this person ticks all the right boxes in my view and I hope we get him.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Fair point, but I do wonder how some of the "top" managers would cope with limited funds in a championship club. When you can sign players for £30 million it must get a bit easier.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Micky Adams?
Owen Coyle?
Adie Boothroyd?
Ian Holloway?

I spose you would come back with Malky Mackay, which I would MASSIVELY support, but my point is that having done well in this league in the past means nothing in terms of what they would achieve here.
You've scrapped the bottom of the barrel with that list.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not a massive fan of Mourinho's style to be honest, not saying I wouldn't want him here tho :) ..but Clement isn't Jose.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On the PE teacher tip, we could do worse for our next manager than resurrecting Brian Glover (RIP) in his role as the PE teacher in Kes. With Ankergren still on our books it'd be a match made in heaven: "GET DOWN Casper!" he could bawl in training (Ankergren hanging off the crossbar monkey-style). With his iron discipline we'd be Premiership in no time and none of this tippy-tappy shite neither!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here