Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just post it to Ten Downing Street.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I will be sending it back, shameful waste of money. Hopefully the paper is and will be recycled.

Or, and this is just a thought, you could read it and understand the case for remaining in the EU to counteract the huge amount of emotional leave propaganda from the Express/Mail/Telegraph, etc. Then you could make an informed choice.

Is the £9m cost of this pamphlet cheap compared to the potential billions that UK could lose in the process of having to negotiate new trade deals and cross border arrangements if we leave the EU? And is it cheap compared to the massive leap in the dark that Brexit will be for our economy?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
or, and this is just a thought, you could read it and understand the case for remaining in the eu to counteract the huge amount of emotional leave propaganda from the express/mail/telegraph, etc. Then you could make an informed choice.

Is the £9m cost of this pamphlet cheap compared to the potential billions that uk could lose in the process of having to negotiate new trade deals and cross border arrangements if we leave the eu? And is it cheap compared to the massive leap in the dark that brexit will be for our economy?

scaremonger! Burn the scaremonger!!!

With any luck this scandalous bit of tax-payer funded propaganda will prove to be the first nail in the coffin of the remain campaign, as millions of previously neutrals/undecided people realise this is the sort of thing the 'inners' will resort to if they think there's the slightest chance they won't get their own way (i.e. what the financial sector wants).

I can't see any justification for honest supporters of the REMAIN campaign losing the referendum, simply because the arrogance of the Cameron government has resulted in Dave winding the electorate up like this.

It's almost as if Cameron is secretly plotting a victory for the LEAVE side.

Incompetent? Stupid? It's difficult to think otherwise.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'm an undecided as far as the referendum at the moment, but I think the Government has an unbelievable cheek sending out this leaflet.

How can it be 'fair' when one side is allowed to spend £9 million of taxpayers money without the other side having the same opportunity?

They probably think of it like this: a £9 million investment to prevent a potential loss of billions in lost revenue from FDI, EU-UK trade, and the economic shock caused by Brexit. The cost-benefit adds up. £9 is a drop in the ocean of what Brexit would cost the country.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I can't see any justification for honest supporters of the REMAIN campaign losing the referendum, simply because the arrogance of the Cameron government has resulted in Dave winding the electorate up like this.

It's almost as if Cameron is secretly plotting a victory for the LEAVE side.

Incompetent? Stupid? It's difficult to think otherwise.
Cameron seems to have been engineering a leave from the moment he decided on a referendum in order to make personal political gain.

Actually he seems to be bungling along from mistake to mistake with that end result now looming.

He was losing Scotland until the last minute when Brown etc finally took his hopeless campaign out of his hands. There doesn't look to be anyone who can rescue it this time.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
They probably think of it like this: a £9 million investment to prevent a potential loss of billions in lost revenue from FDI, EU-UK trade, and the economic shock caused by Brexit. The cost-benefit adds up. £9 is a drop in the ocean of what Brexit would cost the country.

but its not their money is it? It's our money so if they want to persuade the public they should use the allocated £7 million

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the check of it is this cost more than the allowed cap on spending. so they want to break the rules to get what they want... standard EU procedure i suppose. how's the Dutch referendum going to be ignored i wonder?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
SO you're complaining that it's a waste of money but encouraging people to do something that will cost the government even more than the alleged waste in the first place? Riiiiiight.

Yes, you seem to have got the general idea.

Dec 29, 2011
I wish this was sent with both sides of the coin. I'm undecided on the EU and I want to know the arguements both for and against, but I can't trust this as it's biased. Annoying.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wish this was sent with both sides of the coin. I'm undecided on the EU and I want to know the arguements both for and against, but I can't trust this as it's biased. Annoying.
Yes, it is biased towards the Government's genuine reasons for wanting to stay in.

There will be a mailshot from both campaigns in due course, so you won't be kept in the dark, and then you can choose whether to send each one back to Farage or Dave as well.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

They had a politics lecturer from Sussex Uni on the radio yesterday explaining that with a referendum it's impossible for anyone not to be biased as it's a "yes" or "no" situation.

Added to that, it's a fact that no-one really knows the political ramifications of leaving or remaining in the EU so it really comes down to gut feel.

The whole referendum is a waste of money in my view. Who do I send that to?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They had a politics lecturer from Sussex Uni on the radio yesterday explaining that with a referendum it's impossible for anyone not to be biased as it's a "yes" or "no" situation.

Added to that, it's a fact that no-one really knows the political ramifications of leaving or remaining in the EU so it really comes down to gut feel.

The problem with referendums is there is never any 'healing mechanism' for the losing side.

Stay in Europe, you'll still get plenty agitating to leave. Leave Europe, there will be plenty of plotting to return.

Once it is out of the bottle, the issue will never go away.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

You're right in that the referendum is not legally binding. Can you imagine if Out wins 51-49, and Cameron decides this isn't a sufficient mandate to leave the EU? Things could get tasty then.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yes, it is biased towards the Government's genuine reasons for wanting to stay in.

There will be a mailshot from both campaigns in due course, so you won't be kept in the dark, and then you can choose whether to send each one back to Farage or Dave as well.

but it will be sent from the designated campaign money of £7 million per side. The reason many are so f*cked off this is from the public purse and costs £9 million - not exactly ethical

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If it's not made from shiny paper,maybe we could hang it in the toilet and put a picture on social media,pre-use obviously.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Mine will be sent to No10 Downing st and marked as unsolicited mail returned to sender.

Another hilarious suggestion from the Out side, carefully thought-through as always.

There's nothing to stop anyone posting their leaflet to the address it came from. If they put a stamp on it, it will be delivered. If they don't, it won't - unless the addressee offers to pay the cost. And what, outraged Brexiters, makes you think they will offer to pay?

Returned leaflets will finish up being recycled without inconveniencing the government in the slightest.. You'd find it easier just to put them in the bin if you don't want to read them, as one does with any other leaflet you're not interested in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here