Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Stop picking on JRM as his is one of the people

Just like me he has never changed a nappy, him becuase his nanny does it all the time and me because I'm a virgin

Regards

DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The 5.2 million* children who died in 2019 and the millions dying in 2020 certainly missed out. As for specific countries, Nigeria could probably do with increased Unicef support 858,000* under 5 deaths in 2019.

Side note: The Uk was the second biggest donor to Unicef in 2019 (first USA).

*World Health Organisation figures

Sorry. Fail. You haven’t answered the question. As I suspect you are aware.

Let’s try again.

Which children are missing out on UNICEF aid purely because UNICEF are feeding British children?

Do try and answer the question this time. And do try and remember you’re dealing with me. Not some thicko you can fobb off with irrelevant figures.

Try again....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry. Fail. You haven’t answered the question. As I suspect you are aware.

Let’s try again.

Which children are missing out on UNICEF aid purely because UNICEF are feeding British children?

Do try and answer the question this time. And do try and remember you’re dealing with me. Not some thicko you can fobb off with irrelevant figures.

Try again....

Unfortunately, it would appear you are too thick to understand the concept of finite resources. If Unicef gives 750,000 to the Uk obviously that money isn't being spent in areas of the world where the need is much much greater (see Nigeria).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Unfortunately, it would appear you are too thick to understand the concept of finite resources. If Unicef gives 750,000 to the Uk obviously that money isn't being spent in areas of the world where the need is much much greater (see Nigeria).

Okay. We’ll drop that question. You clearly cannot answer it. Hence the insults. And lack of answer.

Let’s try this take on it, as it seems to be your level of expertise; you state UNICEF have finite resources. What funds are available to UNICEF to help children across the globe? As a percentage, how much of that has been earmarked for British children? And one final go; which children are missing out because British children are receiving a percentage of that aid?

And for a bonus. Why are malnourished children in the U.K. less deserving than other children across the globe?

In your own time....

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Okay. We’ll drop that question. You clearly cannot answer it. Hence the insults. And lack of answer.

Let’s try this take on it, as it seems to be your level of expertise; you state UNICEF have finite resources. What funds are available to UNICEF to help children across the globe? As a percentage, how much of that has been earmarked for British children? And one final go; which children are missing out because British children are receiving a percentage of their aid?

And for a bonus. Why are malnourished children in the U.K. less deserving than other children across the globe?

In your own time....

*sigh* Let's try to simplify to a level you can understand. If one of your neighbours is possibly having a difficult time, struggling a bit with bills and shopping would you give them a significant amount of money when that money could be given to a place in the next town where children are starving to death in their hundreds/thousands every day?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Surely Johnson has to go? How can someone so utterly incompetent still be in charge of thew country?

[tweet]1340313298269573121[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Epm8-c6WwAEszcP.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
*sigh* Let's try to simplify to a level you can understand. If one of your neighbours is possibly having a difficult time, struggling a bit with bills and shopping would you give them a significant amount of money when that money could be given to a place in the next town where children are starving to death in their hundreds/thousands every day?

Unusual for Clampy to go AWOL. If the above question was too difficult perhaps just go with the herd and retweet or regurgitate stuff from your social media echo chamber.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I wasn't asking for your philosophical take on it, I was looking for figures that could back up your claim. I'll let you off the hook, it's embarrassingly obvious that you have neither a clue as to the facts nor the wherewithal to look it up. You have failed to substantiate your assertion with either the finite figure or the distribution details.
The word "finite", used out of context is meaningless. It's like the word "huge". It means nothing and basing an already weak argument around it is next to useless. As you have shown.

Face it, you're embarrassed that a party you put your faith in as custodians of the United Kingdom (mainly based on their lies about Brexit), have let children in this country get to such a penurious state that an outside agency has to step in and provide aid. You're right to be embarrassed, it's disgraceful.

Now, for your own sake, if you're not in a position to support your own argument, I suggest you move on to something else. Have you tried underwater chess?

Either way, today's news has been too depressing to add a debate with NSC's dumbest to the list. Have a good night and stay safe :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wasn't asking for your philosophical take on it, I was looking for figures that could back up your claim. I'll let you off the hook, it's embarrassingly obvious that you have neither a clue as to the facts nor the wherewithal to look it up. You have failed to substantiate your assertion with either the finite figure or the distribution details.
The word "finite", used out of context is meaningless. It's like the word "huge". It means nothing and basing an already weak argument around it is next to useless. As you have shown.

Face it, you're embarrassed that a party you put your faith in as custodians of the United Kingdom (mainly based on their lies about Brexit), have let children in this country get to such a penurious state that an outside agency has to step in and provide aid. You're right to be embarrassed, it's disgraceful.

Now, for your own sake, if you're not in a position to support your own argument, I suggest you move on to something else. Have you tried underwater chess?

Either way, today's news has been too depressing to add a debate with NSC's dumbest to the list. Have a good night and stay safe :)

This has not just suddenly appeared either, in 2019 the UK government was shown up to be failing in it's basic needs to protect our own countrymen...this really is NOT a surprise to those who are even lightly connected to the facts. You have to be a grade one A Star moron to have any faith in this current, and previous, Tory government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48354692

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This has not just suddenly appeared either, in 2019 the UK government was shown up to be failing in it's basic needs to protect our own countrymen...this really is NOT a surprise to those who are even lightly connected to the facts. You have to be a grade one A Star moron to have any faith in this current, and previous, Tory government.

Well, yes. I think we have our answer.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Sorry, I can't dumb it down any further. To confirm you would rather support sending money to people who can cope despite many hardships rather than saving hundreds/thousands of starving children.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry, I can't dumb it down any further. To confirm you would rather support sending money to people who can cope despite many hardships rather than saving hundreds/thousands of starving children.

I have really tried not to resort to insults so lets call this a description; you really are an absolute moron. I'm beginning to think you might be a WUM, how can someone be as dumb as you and still be alive? You are, ceaselessly, staggeringly, unflinchingly, ****ing idiotic. How do you wipe your own arse? Remarkable.

And seeing as you have steadfastly refused to answer my initial question (the whole point of this debate), you can do one if you think I'm going to answer your completely irrelevant, idiotic question. You make Frank Spencer look like ****ing MacGyver.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

no the problem has not just appeared, it would be the same last year, and before that, and forever. we spend £44bn on family benefits and income support, yet somehow havent found provision for children in need of basics. the welfare system is clear crap, used as a political football rather than any discussion on real solutions. i have one, means tested welfare, with food parcels or food vouchers to those in most need. that cuts through all the bollocks of who deserves what, if you need it then you'll get it. others resist this for reasons beyond my comprehension, only more money will do, but that never seems to address the actual problem.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have really tried not to resort to insults so lets call this a description; you really are an absolute moron. I'm beginning to think you might be a WUM, how can someone be as dumb as you and still be alive? You are, ceaselessly, staggeringly, unflinchingly, ****ing idiotic. How do you wipe your own arse? Remarkable.

And seeing as you have steadfastly refused to answer my initial question (the whole point of this debate), you can do one if you think I'm going to answer your completely irrelevant, idiotic question. You make Frank Spencer look like ****ing MacGyver.

No need to get tetchy If you can't understand basic concepts or answer the question perhaps you can use one of your other accounts to have a go.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No need to get tetchy If you can't understand basic concepts or answer the question perhaps you can use one of your other accounts to have a go.

You have been brutally owned on two threads tonight. Probably time to call it a night.
You are the joke of NSC.
Goodnight, thicko.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

It's the usual reaction from that side of the argument whenever there are stories of human empathy, kindness and unity to cast aspertions and denigrate.

Divide and rule

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
no the problem has not just appeared, it would be the same last year, and before that, and forever. we spend £44bn on family benefits and income support, yet somehow havent found provision for children in need of basics. the welfare system is clear crap, used as a political football rather than any discussion on real solutions. i have one, means tested welfare, with food parcels or food vouchers to those in most need. that cuts through all the bollocks of who deserves what, if you need it then you'll get it. others resist this for reasons beyond my comprehension, only more money will do, but that never seems to address the actual problem.

The big question is " Why are so many people in need " ? When I was growing up I can't recall families struggling like they do these days, we were all pretty poor but we always had food and a roof over our heads. Homeless people did not exist in the numbers they do now, they were regarded as the odd eccentric who chose to live that way, Food Banks never existed in my day either, what has changed ? Up until the arrival of Covid, the government proudly trumpeted that there had never been so many people " In Work " and that this was a ringing endorsement of their policies.

So how come, all these people " In Work " yet so many homeless, relying on food parcels,and trying to exist on Universal Credit ? We are all working harder than ever in the 5th biggest economy in the World yet things keep getting worse for so many ? we were promised a glorious future once we left the " Shackles" of the EU but, once again it seems the majority will be worse off. Will the dichotomy of working and yet having so many people "in work poverty" ever be addressed all the time that government subsidises employers poor wages by giving financial support ? Covid -19 has highlighted so many issues, things have to change but, will the powers that be ever allow things to change ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here