Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why don’t you say something if it bothers you that much?

I'm not that bothered, its more the fact that people are talking of a ban but there does not seem to be one. I used to interact with him when he used to go off on one such as the hilarious " Defund the Police " rants he went on. It took some time for him to admit that yes, the way the UK police are funded renders " defunding " ridiculous. His new, regular obsession with his right hand made me realise that there was nowt to be gained by reasoning with him anymore so he went on Ignore about 10 days ago.

Since then he seems to have been spraying around allegations for worse than his normal fantasy's and quickly disappeared. I will usually try to debate logically with most posters on here, without resorting to insults or abuse, because no matter what our beliefs are as almost all of us have things we can agree on, however, some posters just have to be oppositional whatever.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm not that bothered, its more the fact that people are talking of a ban but there does not seem to be one. I used to interact with him when he used to go off on one such as the hilarious " Defund the Police " rants he went on. It took some time for him to admit that yes, the way the UK police are funded renders " defunding " ridiculous. His new, regular obsession with his right hand made me realise that there was nowt to be gained by reasoning with him anymore so he went on Ignore about 10 days ago.

Since then he seems to have been spraying around allegations for worse than his normal fantasy's and quickly disappeared. I will usually try to debate logically with most posters on here, without resorting to insults or abuse, because no matter what our beliefs are as almost all of us have things we can agree on, however, some posters just have to be oppositional whatever.

Not bothered [emoji23] Look at what you’ve just typed [emoji23]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
One of the most annoying (OK, obnoxious) things about Johnson - and the charge sheet is not underpopulated in this respect - is that, despite his frequent references to the 'innate common sense of the British people, he takes us for mugs.

He showed this during the Brexit campaign (the bus) and he's showing it now. I refer to the 'Australian style deal' . To all intents and purposes there is no Australian style deal any more than there is an Afghanistan style deal. It's bad enough wrecking the country and breaking international law.................
.......but does he have to insult our intelligence in the process?
And then he has the gall to state the old 'I have to level with you' line.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
One of the most annoying (OK, obnoxious) things about Johnson - and the charge sheet is not underpopulated in this respect - is that, despite his frequent references to the 'innate common sense of the British people, he takes us for mugs.

He showed this during the Brexit campaign (the bus) and he's showing it now. I refer to the 'Australian style deal' . To all intents and purposes there is no Australian style deal any more than there is an Afghanistan style deal. It's bad enough wrecking the country and breaking international law.................

Johnson knows he has the right wing media machine onside who have the public in their hypnotic state, so he can say and do what he wants and the lemmings will be on board.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

i do agree with you mr. teacher, except the bus thing did seem to work, maybe 52% of us are mugs? :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

He's not taking us all for mugs though because it's not pitched at you or me, is it ?

It's pitched at [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] etc and they'll all be saying 'Australia Deal' within days the same way they loved the bus, Brexit means Brexit, Oven ready Deal etc etc.

To be fair, he knows his market and that's who he is very successfully targeting, and who the message is tailored to appeal to. (Well Dom's targeting for him, but let's not be pedantic) :shrug:

28% of the electorate gave him an 80 seat majority at the last election and, given that just under 50% of the electorate are more stupid than the average person he only needs to target a very small percentage of the most gullible. The great shame is that the majority of those he targets will be the same people who will suffer most from it, but what can you do ?

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
He's not taking us all for mugs though because it's not pitched at you or me, is it ?

It's pitched at [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] etc and they'll all be saying 'Australia Deal' within days the same way they loved the bus, Brexit means Brexit, Oven ready Deal etc etc.

To be fair, he knows his market and that's who he is very successfully targeting, and who the message is tailored to appeal to. (Well Dom's targeting for him, but let's not be pedantic) :shrug:

28% of the electorate gave him an 80 seat majority at the last election and, given that just under 50% of the electorate are more stupid than the average person he only needs to target a very small percentage of the most gullible. The great shame is that the majority of those he targets will be the same people who will suffer most from it, but what can you do ?

Not sure if 'Australia Deal' will catch on so well - don't they only parrot the 3-word slogans?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

It's also worth mentioning the deal like Canada's the EU won't give us. They're lying of course - the deal we're demanding differs considerably from the Canadian one.

Where has our country gone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here