Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It was always going to be ugly, out of interest, seeing as you have experience what would be the best way to deliver GCSE results?

I would go with a combination of moderation of centre-assessed exemplar 'best', 'middle' and 'worst' responses of individual candidates with teacher recommendation; with that information it might be possible to 'weigh up' comparable grades across the cohort. It is full of pitfalls but the best I can think of....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I would go with a combination of moderation of centre-assessed exemplar 'best', 'middle' and 'worst' responses of individual candidates with teacher recommendation; with that information it might be possible to 'weigh up' comparable grades across the cohort. It is full of pitfalls but the best I can think of....

Give them all straight 9’s, job [emoji736]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If this is for me it’s GCSE’s I’m awaiting on, my son already is confirmed at Leeds but he’s 20 so did A levels a couple of years ago.

Right then. So what do you think about students going in to clearing knowing their achievements will have been downgraded according to their schools past performance?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Right then. So what do you think about students going in to clearing knowing their achievements will have been downgraded according to their schools past performance?

I don’t know what I think tbh, what I do know is these are unprecedented times and Universities and Colleges should be encouraged to offer flexibility to match the times we live in.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Would it be a fair to say then Lever, that as someone who by your own admission has experience in the education system you would struggle to come up with a suitable fail safe way of awarding grades?

Of course.... but it could be a big improvement on existing practice. It's a matter of hard evidence, internal and external moderation with teacher support and collaboration.
I don't have to 'admit' to having experience in the education system... there is nothing demeaning about it.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Do you think there will be a Czhexit when the contributions go up next year David? Or will one of the most racist countries in the EU still be a net ponce?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, and other countries, watching Brexit wont either.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
No, and other countries, watching Brexit wont either.

Perhaps, but at the moment one of the most racist countries in the EU is a net ponce, what will the reaction be if it actually has to put its hand in its own pocket.
Seems strong support mounting for an Italexit at the moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps, but at the moment one of the most racist countries in the EU is a net ponce, what will the reaction be if it actually has to put its hand in its own pocket.
Seems strong support mounting for an Italexit at the moment.

Might be an idea to focus your thoughts, efforts and energy on the U.K....it needs it. Let the us worry about Italy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just because the UK is leaving the corrupt EU it doesn’t stop having a keen interest in developments in Europe, we are after all neighbours..

Ah yes, I forgot the U.K. is a nation of curtain-twitchers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here