Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Apart from anything else, announcing a change in policy 4 days after universities started confirming offers (remember they've had them since Saturday) is a bit of a **** up.

And if they hadn’t you’d be frothing over the original plan, give it a rest, have you got children caught up in all this?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No, these are the words of a knob - and if you agree (as I'm sure you do), then you are no better:

"There’s a seedy underbelly that stalks NSC like a particularly pungent fart, masturbating at the very thought of the economy crashing, glistening at the slot at the tragedy of covid death numbers,blood rushes to otherwise flaccid members at the prospect of exam chaos. There is indeed some very sad fifth columnists among us. "

You seem a decent chap, stop being overtly aggressive, I’m certain you’re not the idiot your online persona portrays.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And if they hadn’t you’d be frothing over the original plan, give it a rest, have you got children caught up in all this?

Governments have to make decisions. At least you got the the people you wanted making these hard decisions, so I'm not sure why you are now moaning about it. This is what you voted for, You're a winner :shrug:

Good luck to your daughter

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
There’s a seedy underbelly that stalks NSC like a particularly pungent fart, masturbating at the very thought of the economy crashing, glistening at the slot at the tragedy of covid death numbers,blood rushes to otherwise flaccid members at the prospect of exam chaos. There is indeed some very sad fifth columnists among us.
The government almost certainly got a lot wrong regarding this unprecedented pandemic, it has also put its arm around the workforce in a way I never thought I’d see a Tory Government do, the NHS,thankfully was not overwhelmed and hopefully as a United Country we will recover.
Hope your daughter gets the the grades she needs[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your language seems to be borrowed directly from Tory central office Baker lite. What do you think the government got wrong and what does 'putting an arm around the workforce' actually mean? What do you understand by the NHS 'not being overwhelmed'?
Slick slogans but......

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Governments have to make decisions. At least you got the the people you wanted making these hard decisions, so I'm not sure why you are now moaning about it. This is what you voted for, You're a winner :shrug:

Good luck to your daughter

In not moaning, I’m delighted the government have reacted and given us the triple lock, my middle son starts at Leeds Uni in September and has found the whole experience pretty straightforward.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Your language seems to be borrowed directly from Tory briefings Baker lite. What do you think the government got wrong and what does 'putting an arm around the workforce' actually mean? What do you understand by the NHS 'not being overwhelmed'?
Effective slogans but......

Baker Lite isn’t a Tory, fact.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Your language seems to be borrowed directly from Tory briefings Baker lite. What do you think the government got wrong then and what does 'putting an arm around the workforce' actually mean? What do you understand by the NHS 'not being overwhelmed'?

Lockdown,with the huge benefit of hindsight should,in my opinion have happened before the Cheltenham festival, it is my belief that that event was a huge spreader, I think there should have been no in and out of the country whatsoever, the Chancellor I think has been absolutely marvellous, I think he is Prime minister material (and that’s coming from someone that has never voted Tory).the furlough scheme has undoubtedly saved millions of jobs, ok a million jobs are mor likely to be lost but for one moment imagine if nothing had been done...in fact just shudder at the thought of a Labour Government with its hand on the rudder during this unprecedented world wide pandemic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In not moaning, I’m delighted the government have reacted and given us the triple lock, my middle son starts at Leeds Uni in September and has found the whole experience pretty straightforward.

Well good luck to your son too.

I teach a lot of 'young adults' part time to keep me out of trouble, and I do worry about what lies ahead for most of them. We have a Government that has managed the highest number of deaths in Europe, the worst recession (depression) in the G7, all of the debt that has come out of furlough/Covid 1st wave, and the economic impact of when we finally decide to 'implement' Brexit at the end of the year.

Good luck to them all, I say, as the poor ******** have been stitched up in a way I've never seen in my 60 years.

For the ones I teach it could be worse, could you imagine what it would be like if their parents/guardians were a significant part of supporting and encouraging this whole shitstorm ???

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Lockdown,with the huge benefit of hindsight should,in my opinion have happened before the Cheltenham festival, it is my belief that that event was a huge spreader, I think there should have been no in and out of the country whatsoever, the Chancellor I think has been absolutely marvellous, I think he is Prime minister material (and that’s coming from someone that has never voted Tory).the furlough scheme has undoubtedly saved millions of jobs, ok a million jobs are mor likely to be lost but for one moment imagine if nothing had been done...in fact just shudder at the thought of a Labour Government with its hand on the rudder during this unprecedented world wide pandemic.

Thank you for your full and honest appraisal.
Your opinion about the tardiness of the lockdown instruction (causing hundreds of unnecessary deaths) is agreed; by general consensus the Chancellor has done a good job.

Regarding Labour doing a worse job.... maybe, maybe not - we will never know.

I am less impressed than you by the overall response of this government so perhaps I would lower the denominator in any comparison..... it is a world wide pandemic and in comparison with many other countries we have done badly.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I didn’t say you said he was a Tory, read carefully......
Fair enough Chicken Run... cleverly interpreted
it just negates the need for you to tell me he isn't....

Oh and good luck if you do have children involved in results fallout tomorrow. My career has been within the education system and I am extremely concerned about this cohort.....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No but I will be sat there at 8am tomorrow manning phone lines to deal with the fallout.

I didn’t think so!

One thing for certain is there will be people disappointed, there always is, however there is no reason for you to come on here no doubt show boating the government’s failure!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If this is for me it’s GCSE’s I’m awaiting on, my son already is confirmed at Leeds but he’s 20 so did A levels a couple of years ago.

Well taking a couple of years out to earn a few quid towards those £27,000 fees is sensible (and my advice is try and stop them taking out more loans towards 'living expenses') :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fair enough Chicken Run... cleverly interpreted
it just negates the need for you to tell me he isn't....

Oh and good luck if you do have children involved in results fallout tomorrow. My career has been within the education system and I am extremely concerned about this cohort.....

It was always going to be ugly, out of interest, seeing as you have experience what would be the best way to deliver GCSE results?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports