Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
So by the same token I can blame the conservatives for invading Iraq because Labour had a big majority back then and didn't have credible opposition

Indeed,but the key holder of Number 10 at the time has still not been held to account for war crimes...and the real brain behind the crime is presenting breakfast television,so I’m told.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If only we had a credible opposition [emoji1651]

So what, in your eyes, would make for a "credible opposition". It's one thing to call for one, but it's pointless without articulating what exactly it is you want.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Queens Speech mentioning a " Free Internet "... surely that's bloody ridiculous? Or, it used to be

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I assume not in the "bad Jeremy Corbyn free internet" way?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1392083506260492288[/tweet]

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
So what, in your eyes, would make for a "credible opposition". It's one thing to call for one, but it's pointless without articulating what exactly it is you want.

An opposition that would hold this blasted Government to account would be a great start. We don’t need leaders of political parties grovelling on their knees for anti Semitic thugs that desecrate war memorials, we want proper leadership, not woke fannys.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[tweet]1392104250675769345[/tweet]

Charlie Elphicke was jailed for two years for sexual assault, and lost his appeal in March 2021.

A Tory peer had to apologise to the HOL and the judiciary for adding his name to the letter.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55997270

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1392083506260492288[/tweet]

We really are in abuse of executive power territory. They know what they are doing. An English one party state does seem to be where things are heading..

Capture.PNG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Today’s announcements, very much including the omitted topics such as worker’s rights, are very concerning. Anyone that isn’t worried about the direction this government are steering the U.K. clearly doesn’t understand what is going on. These are huge strides towards a one party state, immune from legal recourse . Not good. Not good at all. This is not democracy.

Jan 30, 2008
Today’s announcements, very much including the omitted topics such as worker’s rights, are very concerning. Anyone that isn’t worried about the direction this government are steering the U.K. clearly doesn’t understand what is going on. These are huge strides towards a one party state, immune from legal recourse . Not good. Not good at all. This is not democracy.

81 seat majority suggests otherwise, get over yourself wokery pokery and flakey libralism have been rejected
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
81 seat majority suggests otherwise, get over yourself wokery pokery and flakey libralism have been rejected
Regards
DF

I don’t imagine for a long term unemployed man such as yourself, with no plans to seek employment it doesn’t really matter much. You just float along, dependent on the welfare state and take what you’re given. I can see how not really having any control or choices in your life might be liberating in a way. I prefer to work and those of us that pay our taxes like to be done right by.
If you ever get work, you’ll see what we mean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here