Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

D

Deleted member 22389

Always worth remembering that social media obsessives are in no way representative of the UK public who generally get on with their real-world lives and the people that constantly lecture and criticize others about ignoring obvious failings and flaws in political leaders preferred to see Jeremy Corbyn in number 10 .... :facepalm::lolol:

:thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A nice man just came to my door asking for my vote. I told him it would be the second time in a row, that I would favour the blue rosette. I had never voted for the conservatives prior to that and despised them.
I miss the true labour party, but I now feel the conservatives are as close to my politics as they have ever been.
I wonder if labour will ever sort itself out.
Has anyone else had any door visits yet?

im intrigued what policies Labour had and Conservatives now have to switch your vote. or have your politics changed?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The only vote in my area is for the Police Commission thingy, and I’d doubt they are out knocking doors for that, although they should be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was it the Police one where a polling station recorded zero votes for the first time ever in an election last time out?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
A nice man just came to my door asking for my vote. I told him it would be the second time in a row, that I would favour the blue rosette. I had never voted for the conservatives prior to that and despised them.
I miss the true labour party, but I now feel the conservatives are as close to my politics as they have ever been.

When did the 'true' Labour Party disappear (for you)? How have the Conservatives changed to be closer to your politics? When did this start?
I find it very difficult to believe that this particular brand of Conservatism has moved anywhere other than to the right - and is presumably further away from you than it once was? Is the Johnsonian variant appealing? If so, in what way? Your post does rather prompt this sort of question: how are these Tories less despicable (to you) than previous ones?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'd be really worried about my personal moral and ethical code if I felt that the Tories are close to my politics. Even if you forget the current wallpaper scandal I'd struggle to vote for a party that forces those in poor quality housing to pay for cladding removal, votes against extending free school meals for children during a lockdown and wraps it's ministers in Union Flags despite its actions and policies actively weakening the Union of these islands. You can only be either a wind up account or Alan B'stard..... and he was a wind up too.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder how low a moral and ethical bar has to be to vote for someone like Jeremy Corbyn and a party mired in anti semitism ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I'd be really worried about my personal moral and ethical code if I felt that the Tories are close to my politics. Even if you forget the current wallpaper scandal I'd struggle to vote for a party that forces those in poor quality housing to pay for cladding removal, votes against extending free school meals for children during a lockdown and wraps it's ministers in Union Flags despite its actions and policies actively weakening the Union of these islands. You can only be either a wind up account or Alan B'stard..... and he was a wind up too.

I could not vote for Mr Corbyn and Mr Starmer and his current shadow cabinet, its no better than Mr Corbyns. Where are the Mr Blairs and Mr Browns?
I don't feel the need to have to explain my current switch in parties, but what I will say is the angry people like yourself, help me decide that I have taken the right decision when I vote next week. I will have no conscience at all.
I do not have a clue who this Alan man is, but do not care either.
I hope you put your X where you wish to and I will do the same.
Good night Sir.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I could not vote for Mr Corbyn and Mr Starmer and his current shadow cabinet, its no better than Mr Corbyns. Where are the Mr Blairs and Mr Browns?
I don't feel the need to have to explain my current switch in parties, but what I will say is the angry people like yourself, help me decide that I have taken the right decision when I vote next week. I will have no conscience at all.
Good night Sir.

And therein lies your problem.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

it is a curious thing isn't it? Here you have a floating voter, mind made up for the Tories, despite them not even canvassing, feel sorry the other party who did make the effort. I suppose having total control of the news agenda and public perception, more and more buy into the alternative reality. They don't need to bother canvassing anymore, why bother? Their seats are secured, they can concentrate on increasing their wealth, their friends and families wealth, say whatever nonsense they want in parliament with impunity without losing a single vote.

How they must laugh when the great gaslit even celebrate this broken democracy by posting poll leads

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
it is a curious thing isn't it? Here you have a floating voter, mind made up for the Tories, despite them not even canvassing, feel sorry the other party who did make the effort. I suppose having total control of the news agenda and public perception, more and more buy into the alternative reality. They don't need to bother canvassing anymore, why bother? Their seats are secured, they can concentrate on increasing their wealth, their friends and families wealth, say whatever nonsense they want in parliament with impunity without losing a single vote.

How they must laugh when the great gaslit even celebrate this broken democracy by posting poll leads

Indeed ! The list of Johnson's multiple misdemeanours alone should, or at least would have rendered him unelectable to hold high office in fairly recent times. I genuinely struggle to comprehend how his lies, selfishness, incompetence and sheer laziness have been overlooked by so many voters.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“People don’t care about these corruption stories” update

[tweet]1388237334072672257[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

Good night Sir.

:thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Poll of polls

5362716f73ec8840c72397932cdd5994.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The folks that vote for the Labour Party in its current form are voting for anti semitism.

are you aware that your good pal ppf is an anti-semite, holocaust denier, neo nazi, the whole shooting match, or not?

do you think he votes labour?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here