Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuinely thought that this was beneath him, jokey and insensitive comments are usually his forte but this would have been off the scale for him I thought... Sorry I have got this one wrong and sadly, it seems, the comments are true. Even sadder, he and the Tories won't lose votes over this.

Nah, he’s a nasty bugger.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I genuinely thought that this was beneath him, jokey and insensitive comments are usually his forte but this would have been off the scale for him I thought... Sorry I have got this one wrong and sadly, it seems, the comments are true. Even sadder, he and the Tories won't lose votes over this.

Au contraire

[tweet]1386633074390274048[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1386947996626075650[/TWEET]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Boris should just **** off shouldn’t he

In all seriousness, this does seem to be fast turning into a case that all the sleaze is coming to Johnson's door to try and make him stand aside "for the good of the party". I notice a certain Michael Gove wasn't exactly full-throated in his defence of him in the House yesterday.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In all seriousness, this does seem to be fast turning into a case that all the sleaze is coming to Johnson's door to try and make him stand aside "for the good of the party". I notice a certain Michael Gove wasn't exactly full-throated in his defence of him in the House yesterday.

You know what though, I don't think the Tories are about to implode at the local elections. This is a lot people still under the spell of the English nationalist cult of Johnson. We have people on here that don't even view him as a liar

So, despite the corruption, the sleaze and the demise of our place on the global stage I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You know what though, I don't think the Tories are about to implode at the local elections. This is a lot people still under the spell of the English nationalist cult of Johnson. We have people on here that don't even view him as a liar

So, despite the corruption, the sleaze and the demise of our place on the global stage I don't think he'll be going anywhere soon

Don't underestimate the power of the string-pullers Choe Westley, Matthew Elliot and co at Tufton Street.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
As Eddie Mair said, he's a nasty piece of work. The bumbling act fools too many people. But now the mail has turned against him and wants its man Gove in, it'll be civil war among the Tories. Let's just hope there's plenty of collateral damage.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As Eddie Mair said, he's a nasty piece of work. The bumbling act fools too many people. But now the mail has turned against him and wants its man Gove in, it'll be civil war among the Tories. Let's just hope there's plenty of collateral damage.

Completely true; increasingly it will only be the hard of understanding and those in complete denial, despite the overwhelming evidence, who will support him. Arguably Gove is worse because he is even more machiavellian.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

I think it will be Sunak. Great choice, an even bigger liar than Johnson or a disaster capitalist....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
https://www.theguardian.com/society...m-cladding-costs-fails-despite-tory-rebellion

Hundreds of thousands of leaseholders living in unsellable and potentially dangerous high-rise homes will continue to face fire safety bills of up to £100,000 each after MPs again voted against banning building owners from passing on remediation costs.

Despite a Conservative backbench rebellion of 31 MPs including the former party leader Iain Duncan Smith, the Commons voted 340 to 225 against an amendment to the fire safety bill to protect leaseholders from costs to make their homes safe in the wake of the Grenfell Tower disaster. The total bill for leaseholders could exceed £12bn, according to property experts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports