Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson now employs 3 photographers at the taxpayers expense to get the optics he desires?

But can anyone recall the last time he did a one to one interview on TV or Radio on UK TV? Is he waiting for GB News?

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Johnson now employs 3 photographers at the taxpayers expense to get the optics he desires?

But can anyone recall the last time he did a one to one interview on TV or Radio on UK TV? Is he waiting for GB News?
It's not going to happen, he's not going to allow any shit to stick to him! The closest we get is PMQ'S and he just ignores any question unless it has been pre-prepared and " fed" by a tame Tory MP.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was discussing this with a French friend of mine today who has lived here for 5 years, he just doesn't get the apathy of the British public

I think we could be on 250k deaths and Johnson would still maintain a solid base, meanwhile 80% of the media just plays along and fails to call out his lies and serial incompetence.

Thank god for trail blazers like you who are prepared to stand up and call our Premier to task, although in reality I think you like the sound of your own virtual voice and talk a lot rather than do [emoji6]

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was discussing this with a French friend of mine today who has lived here for 5 years, he just doesn't get the apathy of the British public

I think we could be on 250k deaths and Johnson would still maintain a solid base, meanwhile 80% of the media just plays along and fails to call out his lies and serial incompetence.

What does your French friend think of Macron, his approach to vaccination (or lack of both roll-out and take-up in France) and 83K + deaths in France?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nobody is above the law.

[tweet]1362738857318481925[/tweet]

Great work, as usual most of the right wing press continue to be complicite on this. They need to show they have nothing to hide

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 36

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There should be resignations. but we know there won't be.

Every contract worth more than a few £ thou should be reviewed and investigated....... mind you, the sheep will still vote Tory no matter how corrupt they are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every contract worth more than a few £ thou should be reviewed and investigated....... mind you, the sheep will still vote Tory no matter how corrupt they are.

It's strange, isn't it, that sleaze did for John Major's government, but now people just don't care about scandals. There should be legislation that lying and proving lies, should be a resignation matter, but it is just blatant corruption now.
The public will only wake up when it affects them personally.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What does your French friend think of Macron, his approach to vaccination (or lack of both roll-out and take-up in France) and 83K + deaths in France?

What's circa 40,000 deaths between friends? I notice the French have had no lockdown since November, they prioritised schools over hospitality and they remain open.

Macron is no De Gaulle but he's still better than Johnson...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Strange how people of a certain persuasion will get upset about taxpayers money being spent on immigrant accomodation but strangely quiet about their money being trousered by bent politicians.

Theres cronyism and then theres profiting from people dying from a disease

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's strange, isn't it, that sleaze did for John Major's government, but now people just don't care about scandals. There should be legislation that lying and proving lies, should be a resignation matter, but it is just blatant corruption now.
The public will only wake up when it affects them personally.

I think that we have all gone too far down the road now, we have an inept, corrupt Prime Minster and a cabinet of Yes men ( and Women ! ) who are have no ethics and are trained to lie and evade, no mud sticks, no failure ever results in a sacking or resignation. No one apart from a few seem to care, Johnson is lauded for " doing the best he can " which is pitifully little and has probably cost thousands of needless fatalities. Where will it end ? I don't think it ever will now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What's circa 40,000 deaths between friends? I notice the French have had no lockdown since November, they prioritised schools over hospitality and they remain open.

bollocks, they have a curfew imposed between 6pm-6am. they kept the schools open to their credit, we should have too, but everyone has insisted they must close.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In the past BBC Panaroma would be all over this, what's the odds like Cambridge Analytica they won't go near it?

Careful your tinfoil hat doesn't fall off ... why would panorama have wasted time and money investigating Cambridge Analytica? Despite what you might have read in the Guardian/Observer, CA wasn't involved in the referendum and it didn't break any laws. I also see one of your journalist heroines, Carole Cadwalladr, dropped the 'truth defence' in a libel action with Aaron Banks and had to pay damages ... lucky he doesn't read the NSC Brexit thread or quite a few of you would be in trouble!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Careful your tinfoil hat doesn't fall off ... why would panorama have wasted time and money investigating Cambridge Analytica? Despite what you might have read in the Guardian/Observer, CA wasn't involved in the referendum and it didn't break any laws. I also see one of your journalist heroines, Carole Cadwalladr, dropped the 'truth defence' in a libel action with Aaron Banks and had to pay damages ... lucky he doesn't read the NSC Brexit thread or quite a few of you would be in trouble!

Arron Banks...how did things go in his scrap with ICO by the way?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

I think he'd just be content you've defended his honour and fighting the corner of the wealthy elites

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here