Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
No it's not in there... mmmmm

I read the story somewhere else. It puts a lot of blame on the NHS. I'll try and hunt it down.

Nothing to do with the excuses Hancock is using.

maybe on the chair of NHS improvement and the person heading up the track and trace :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dido_Harding

clearly the best person to be involved in this given her track record :

total remuneration at Talk Talk 2014 £6.842 million

From wikipedia which includes citations ..." In October 2015, TalkTalk experienced a "significant and sustained cyber-attack", during which personal and banking details of up to four million customers were thought to have been accessed. City A.M. described her responses as "naive", noting that early on when asked if the affected customer data was encrypted or not, she replied: "The awful truth is that I don’t know". Her "inflexible line" on termination fees was also criticised.[ Marketing ran a headline, "TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all". The Evening Standard noted that "It has been a tough week for TalkTalk boss Dido Harding, facing complaints from customers and calls for her head."The company admitted the incident had cost it £60 million and lost it 95,000 customers. "

Married to Tory MP

Studied alongside David Cameron at Oxford

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes mate I hear you. I left in 2005, thought i'd be gone 6 months to a year but I do love it when I go back to see family and friends though. I try to go back fairly often to keep my children in touch with that part of their family and culture but I wouldn't want to raise them there. The social decline is pretty glaring isn't it, the blatant rise in homelessness and generally fckt up people around towns in particular is really sad.

Yes but that's a reflection of how much better things gave got here since we got rid of the communist labour party. Let me explain.

There are more beggars because ordinary hard working people are now so much better off, so it is easier to skive a living as a beggar.

Also there are lots of foriegners here, most of them entering legally during the years of labour misrule.

Many of them are Mulslims, and we all know about them.

Fortunately we now have a strong government, and have escaped the communist yolk of the EU, and beggars and other scum will soon be swept off or proud streets and into the sea.

(Actually all the beggars were rounded up and put in accomodation at the start of Covid. I have not heard yet that they had been booted back onto the streets where they belong. Dominic probably has't decided when the time is right, yet).

And I'm sick and tired of people who talk this country down.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
maybe on the chair of NHS improvement and the person heading up the track and trace :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dido_Harding

clearly the best person to be involved in this given her track record :

total remuneration at Talk Talk 2014 £6.842 million

From wikipedia which includes citations ..." In October 2015, TalkTalk experienced a "significant and sustained cyber-attack", during which personal and banking details of up to four million customers were thought to have been accessed. City A.M. described her responses as "naive", noting that early on when asked if the affected customer data was encrypted or not, she replied: "The awful truth is that I don’t know". Her "inflexible line" on termination fees was also criticised.[ Marketing ran a headline, "TalkTalk boss Dido Harding's utter ignorance is a lesson to us all". The Evening Standard noted that "It has been a tough week for TalkTalk boss Dido Harding, facing complaints from customers and calls for her head."The company admitted the incident had cost it £60 million and lost it 95,000 customers. "

Married to Tory MP

Studied alongside David Cameron at Oxford

It's almost as if the more useless sycophants you appoint, the worse it gets. Who could have guessed :shrug:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Yes but that's a reflection of how much better things gave got here since we got rid of the communist labour party. Let me explain.

There are more beggars because ordinary hard working people are now so much better off, so it is easier to skive a living as a beggar.

Also there are lots of foriegners here, most of them entering legally during the years of labour misrule.

Many of them are Mulslims, and we all know about them.

Fortunately we now have a strong government, and have escaped the communist yolk of the EU, and beggars and other scum will soon be swept off or proud streets and into the sea.

(Actually all the beggars were rounded up and put in accomodation at the start of Covid. I have not heard yet that they had been booted back onto the streets where they belong. Dominic probably has't decided when the time is right, yet).

And I'm sick and tired of people who talk this country down.

Spot on mate youve seen the light at last

Regards
DF

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I have no idea why millions of EU citizens came to live and work here and why thousands of refugees travelled all the way across several other European countries to seek asylum in poor old blighty .. If life on the continent was/is so much better. :wink:

The number one reason why so many migrants come to the UK is almost certainly because if they speak a second language, it will be English.

How many Iraqis, Afghans, Somalians study Swedish, Dutch, Czech, or even German, at school?

There are plenty of immigrants in France but they'll come from Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal etc. Germans get plenty of Turks and eastern Europeans but, again, that's because so many people from these countries learn German.

If you were looking for a job abroad, wouldn't you go somewhere where you spoke the lingo?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
re the track and trace app ... surely the developers of Pokemon go could have sorted it out in no time?

(I'm actually being serious here)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My daughters friends mother is Polish. She loves this country, she loves the opportunity it has given her. She is doing well for herself along with her husband. She told my wife it was her dream to come and live in this country, and she doesn't ever see herself going back to Poland. It's exhausting looking at NSC these days, the negativity brings you down.

The woman who runs a cattery we used a couple of years ago is also Polish. Lovely woman, Married an Englishman. She is also very grateful to be in the UK. We had a chat and it wasn't soon before she said 'I'm not racist but . . . . .' at which point we stopped listening :shrug:

It's heartening to read NSC these days. Strong support for things like anti-racism.

Admittedly, a few silly old white men have been getting sand in their vaginas about this, but they are in a minority, and it is easy to ignore them. Their time has gone.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What a load of miserable whinging posts on this thread moaning about the hell on earth that is the UK.
Christ on a bike, listen to yourselves!???

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Boris Bannon the buffoon has attracted swift condemnations from three out of the past four PMs (what's all the dither and delay about, Theresa May?) for his playing-to-the-gallery decision to merge DfID with the FO. Is this the low point? They couldn't plummet further, could they? Those two questions will have to await an answer but, for the moment, a slightly different question is posed in the poll, and an option has been offered just so we can be inclusive to the sycophants.

Not as poor as ANY Labour government.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see..

"I'm not allowed to say this anymore" [x]
"Chip on shoulder" [x]
"Why we have a straight men's pride ?" [x]
"Charity begins at home" [x]
"Why do you go and live somewhere else ?" [ ]

You forgot

All lives matter
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I seem to remember, we had the choice of keeping the blue ( black?) passports or having the maroon Eu coloured one.
The Government at the time ( Thatcher?) chose the EU colour..

I believe the controversy at the time was that the European Union was above the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

have to wonder if Cameron had simply changed the colour of the passport what effect that would have had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here