Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Casual racism, can’t beat it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can only see one side of your debate with Lightly Baked for obvious reasons, however, I wish you good luck as you are currently arguing with a bigoted Tardigrade, you won't win.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Biological weapon...no evidence to support that
Eating animals whilst alive...no evidence to support that
British mutation started in France...no evidence to support that
Just my opinions like.
In more positive news though,over 3.5 million people have recovered from the Wuflu in the Uk, that has to be great news.

You base your opinions on no evidence whatsoever ?

I find that very hard to believe :lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Biological weapon...no evidence to support that
Eating animals whilst alive...no evidence to support that
British mutation started in France...no evidence to support that

i can send you numerous videos of animals being eaten alive , baby mice , baby birds , frogs and freshwater turtles ...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’m awfully sorry,I should not have referred to it in it’s abbreviated form. From now on I shall refer to it as Coronavirus, once again I apologise unreservedly.

That’s not it’s abbreviated form though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
That’s not it’s abbreviated form though.

It appears that you could start a fight in an empty house.
Back to original point of this thread,don’t you think it’s marvellous that Government are responsible for over 3.5 million people beating Coronavirus? I do.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Sorry about that, I work in an environment where evidence is important, appreciate it’s an irrelevance to you.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Back to original point of this thread,don’t you think it’s marvellous that Government are responsible for over 3.5 million people beating Coronavirus? I do.

Serious Question:-
Are you suggesting that the Government should claim credit for 3.5 million people beating Coronavirus?
If so, by this logic are you not implicitly suggesting that the same Government should take the blame for many thousands not beating it?

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Serious Question:-
Are you suggesting that the Government should claim credit for 3.5 million people beating Coronavirus?
If so, by this logic are you not implicitly suggesting that the same Government should acknowledge blame for many millions more not beating it?

This is where we are at, If the UK Government is responsible,as many believe them to be for 100k people passing away within 28 days of a positive Coronavirus test, then surely they are responsible for over 3.5 million people recovering from Coronavirus?
The the many thousands that have tragically passed away within in 28 days of a positive test... sure,this Government could have done a hell of a lot more,they should have locked down earlier,shut all ports and airports immediately, clamped down on all the anti lockdown/BLM riots, we could go on. The fact being, we in the western world were/are dealing with a novel virus that was kept quiet by a totalitarian regime in Beijing,it was around the world before the Chinese Government owned up to its presence. My only hope is that we can get our vulnerable vaccinated as quickly as possible,which seems to be the best route forward from this whole mess.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This is where we are at, If the UK Government is responsible,as many believe them to be for 100k people passing away within 28 days of a positive Coronavirus test, then surely they are responsible for over 3.5 million people recovering from Coronavirus?
The the many thousands that have tragically passed away within in 28 days of a positive test... sure,this Government could have done a hell of a lot more,they should have locked down earlier,shut all ports and airports immediately, clamped down on all the anti lockdown/BLM riots, we could go on. The fact being, we in the western world were/are dealing with a novel virus that was kept quiet by a totalitarian regime in Beijing,it was around the world before the Chinese Government owned up to its presence. My only hope is that we can get our vulnerable vaccinated as quickly as possible,which seems to be the best route forward from this whole mess.

I suppose it depends ultimately on the interpretation of 'responsible'.
Everyone must surely welcome the anticipated 3.5 million Covid recovery; I have great respect for NHS staff, carers, volunteers and scientists who variously produced, developed and administered the vaccines that enabled that recovery.
However, I am not sure the extent to which a government (of any colour) deserves credit for fulfilling, or trying to fulfil its fundamental purpose - that is to protect its citizens.
For the Government to claim (or others to claim on its behalf) credit for this seems to me misdirected praise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here