Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got home from the game......

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For those that were unfortunate to have been to both, how did this compare with the zero shot extravaganza at Bristol City this time 2 years ago?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
You would have been more than welcome, it only takes me about 30 mins from Cardiff Stadium, The helicopter is a blessing though.....

I take mine whenever I can , but parking is a nightmare.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
First half Cardiff were terrible - hard to describe how bad they were. We were much the better team until we got close to goal and then we were dire. Second half Cardiff improved and it was a more even contest - they had two clear goal chances and we managed to not take a shot on target for most of ours (I can remember one free kick that needed a save, other than that we didn't really work the keeper). It really was a poor game and sadly two poor sides. Being the better of the two poor sides and not getting 3 points is disappointing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For those that were unfortunate to have been to both, how did this compare with the zero shot extravaganza at Bristol City this time 2 years ago?

Worse. At least then we had the excuse that Barnes was taken ill at the hotel, so unavailable for selection, and the pitch was so bad that CMS ruptured his achilles. Without a striker on the pitch it was hard to score.

Last night we had two strikers on the pitch, neither of whom had a shot on target, and the only time we tested Marshall, was from a Teixeira free kick.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Funnily enough I mentioned that to my lad as we attended that debacle as well. I actually think we didn't play that bad last night and mainly controlled the game with the caveat that we never really threatened their goal or them ours. All I really remember is I wasn't as bored last night as I was at the Bristol City game

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
First half Cardiff were terrible - hard to describe how bad they were. We were much the better team until we got close to goal and then we were dire. Second half Cardiff improved and it was a more even contest - they had two clear goal chances and we managed to not take a shot on target for most of ours (I can remember one free kick that needed a save, other than that we didn't really work the keeper). It really was a poor game and sadly two poor sides. Being the better of the two poor sides and not getting 3 points is disappointing.

There was that goal mouth scramble that promised much but delivered little

el punal

Just got to daughter's place after the game.

Positives? No-one died. Dunk was good and had a decent header just wide. Ince made some decent tackles. Stephens looked decent quality for his short cameo. O'Grady held up everything that came to him and laid off well (when there was anyone near enough to him to lay off to). We didn't concede. The ref was quite lenient with us - at least twice I thought a card would be shown, but it wasn't. The ref didn't prolong either side's agony more than absolutely required by the laws of the game.

Negatives. We never really looked like scoring. Kaz was played in central midfield and even when he drifted left didn't make a single run at them, nor did a single step over. JFC wasn't our worst player; that was Best who was pants. They had two clearer chances than we did, and looked more likely to score than us (just). No real skill was shown by anyone. No-one wanted to shoot. The first 45 minutes rank as among the most boring halves of football I've ever seen. I'm left thinking that mid-table mediocrity is a pipe dream this season. We, and they, were dire; just dire.

Not having gone to this spectacle of soccer last night (well done those that did!) I suppose the biggest positive of the lot was that we didn't lose. We gained a valuable point away from home and, because of it, remain outside the bottom three. How important could that point be come the end of the season. In our current state be thankful for small mercies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here