Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
nothing to do with Henderson once again putting a rebound straight at an opposition striker's feet

Perry Digweed used to do the same thing and it really f***ed me off then as well.

dull boy

Oct 11, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back

Croydonbloke said:
I know it happened but gradually the nightmare is fading. The fact that we put in a great performance V Burnley and you couldn`t match your cup final of last week puts it all back into perspective.:drink:

course it does, there there dont worry any more :lolol: :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

garry nelsons left foot said:
Thats good though isn't it? Surely it's better to be lucky than unlucky?

As Napoleon said: Give me a lucky general anyday. (or something along thoe lines)

Who was it who said "You need to be lucky in this game and the harder we train the luckier we seem to get."?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Harsh to blame Henderson for the goal really, the ball was SMACKED from pretty much the edge of the box and had been moving in the air all night and clearly straightened, he could possibly have done better but a defender should have followed up.

stratford seagull said:
Can't be bothered to go through all the posts on last night's game, but here's what I thought on the way home ...
1. After a dodgy first 10 minutes, we were pretty comfortable in the first half - and started the second half well too, but for all our possession/corners etc we never really looked like scoring. I don't know how we turn our play into goals, although there seemed a couple of dodgy offside decisions against us when we'd worked good positions, and Albert did well when he came on.
2. Wednesday looked an ok team, with two good wide players in Eagles and Brunt who were quick and really stretched the game wide which, especially when we were chasing the game, caused problems. However, they only really had 2 or 3 good chances and we kept going for the whole game even though things weren't going well.
3. I would imagine Oatway got some stick on here, but he covered a lot of ground last night and was forever encouraging the whole team. It's easy to pick on him because he's not the most talented/skilful guy around but if ever there was an example of a someone who has worked hard to improve his game, it's Charlie - and, despite being given the runaround at times, he still played Jarrett in towards the end, he still blocked shots and got his foot in. We'd all love Lampard in the team, but this guy is a credit to his profession and the club - and I'd love to see him still with us when we get Falmer.
4. One of their best chances in the second half came after the ref had pulled aside McShane and then let them take a quick free kick - unbelievable.
5. What was Tank doing having that shot in the first half, ruining our %age of shots on target stat?
6. It is going to be another struggle this season, but no team is going to out-battle us and that's why we picked up the point last night.

A for effort, but perhaps a bit more quality on Saturday will bring us another 3 points.

:bhasign:

Excellent review :clap: :clap:

I loved that Tank shot - Chris Brunt has NOTHING on him :lolol:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back

Man of Harveys said:
Who was it who said "You need to be lucky in this game and the harder we train the luckier we seem to get."?

gary player old chap.

didn't know he was a goalie!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Harsh to blame Henderson for the goal really, the ball was SMACKED from pretty much the edge of the box and had been moving in the air all night and clearly straightened, he could possibly have done better but a defender should have followed up.

dead right ....why were none of our players dealing with the follow up

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got back

afters said:
gary player old chap.

didn't know he was a goalie!

Oh yes, over his long career he had quite a few "clubs" :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent

Croydonbloke said:
I know it happened but gradually the nightmare is fading. The fact that we put in a great performance V Burnley and you couldn`t match your cup final of last week puts it all back into perspective.:drink:

Perspective ...yes
You are not going up
We are not going down.

Thats probably about it.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

very harsh - had oatway not given the ball away. had someone tackled him and had someone followed up rather than admiring the savethen it wouldn't of happened

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Oatway was far from the worst player on the pitch. Hammond was very lucky not to get a red card, though it's true his first booking was a joke. The most positive thing to come out of this game was that the team never gave up, but it was clear through the whole game that we lack firepower up front. Once again, the ball was hoofed up to small strikers. We were playing it to feet all the time at Palace. Why not last night? Oh well, at least El Turi seems to be showing some desire at last. Maybe Dean White gave him the rocket he deserved after his reserve performances recently.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm sorry West Hoathly - I thought Oatway was. The only possible player with less impact was Frutos. There may be a connection. But Charlie spent the entire game chasing shadows. And when he had the ball - we didn't retain possession.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
KinkyGoebels said:
That was woeful - if they had a striker on the pitch it would have been 4-0.

Oatway was back to his best in giving the ball away for first - Robinson was poor once more - time for ckr to get some starts as he and Jarrett changed the game.

Mcgees luck strikes again

I will repeat myself:

I'm happy we came away with a point away at Hillsbrough then nothing, we have been robbed up there twice and they deserved to be robbed by us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here