Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got back

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
stratford seagull said:
A for effort, but perhaps a bit more quality on Saturday will bring us another 3 points.

True. Far too many basic mistakes last night - so many player miscontrolled the ball and misplaced simple passes, we'll need much more against Ipswich.

I think that was an extremely valuable point last night. We maintained a differential over a relegation rival, and increased our differential by another point on those who didn't play.

Truth is we should have lost by two or three goals. Given some of his later misses I am stunned that Peacock managed to find the net for his goal. As we moved into extra time it looked as if we going to go below Wednesday in the table, two minutes later we are saved.

The big positive is that we stuck at it and did not give up. At the end of the season it will be ugly points like this that will keep us up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It wasn't a very pretty game to watch (especially for neutrals who probably switched off midway through the first half) but we nicked a point-a very important away point.

Watching on TV made me realise that we still need a goal scoring threat.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Having not been able to watch the Albion yet this season I was impressed by Knight - he seems to have a lot more strength, far harder to push him off the ball than I remember, and he looks to stay on his feet. Some really nice touches and looked threatening, just a shame he wasn't brought into the game more.

Thought McShane looked really solid, don't think he will make it at Man U so might as well come to the Albion.

Also thought Carole looked the part, Henderson looked excellent (I don't blame him for the goal, bit harsh to say he just parried in the way of the oncoming striker).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull over NZ said:
Having not been able to watch the Albion yet this season I was impressed by Knight - he seems to have a lot more strength, far harder to push him off the ball than I remember, and he looks to stay on his feet. Some really nice touches and looked threatening, just a shame he wasn't brought into the game more.

Thought McShane looked really solid, don't think he will make it at Man U so might as well come to the Albion.

Also thought Carole looked the part, Henderson looked excellent (I don't blame him for the goal, bit harsh to say he just parried in the way of the oncoming striker).

Yes but every goal Brighton let in is the keepers fault unless his names Kuipers which means its the defenders

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
To be honest KG, you are being a bit harsh. Yeah, last night wasn't pretty but the fact that the team stuck about their task and was rewarded does show that we could have what it takes to stay in this division again. You saw the Palace game? We were ten times the side then that we were last night and got three points. If we can keep nicking wins like that and drawing away we could be in good shape. Correct me if I'm wrong but that makes 6 undefeated away games now, just need to pick up the home form and we should be okay. Fair enough you paid 18 and went all the way to Sheffield last night but we got a point and most would be happy with that, tad over critical here maybe?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
KinkyGoebels said:
That was woeful - if they had a striker on the pitch it would have been 4-0.

Oatway was back to his best in giving the ball away for first - Robinson was poor once more - time for ckr to get some starts as he and Jarrett changed the game.

Mcgees luck strikes again
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Great news. Makes our defeat seem a distant memory. :drink:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
To be honest KG, you are being a bit harsh. Yeah, last night wasn't pretty but the fact that the team stuck about their task and was rewarded does show that we could have what it takes to stay in this division again. You saw the Palace game? We were ten times the side then that we were last night and got three points. If we can keep nicking wins like that and drawing away we could be in good shape. Correct me if I'm wrong but that makes 6 undefeated away games now, just need to pick up the home form and we should be okay. Fair enough you paid 18 and went all the way to Sheffield last night but we got a point and most would be happy with that, tad over critical here maybe?

Fair point - HOWEVER again if they had a striker it would have been over after 70 mins.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Just got back

Croydonbloke said:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Great news. Makes our defeat seem a distant memory. :drink:

But it still happened...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Just got back

Bwian said:
But it still happened...
I know it happened but gradually the nightmare is fading. The fact that we put in a great performance V Burnley and you couldn`t match your cup final of last week puts it all back into perspective.:drink:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Great battling, yes if Peacock was a decent striker they would have won by 70 mins but thank god hes cack.

That was a very important point, Wednesday now go to Norwich and another away game on a downer we play Ipswich on an upper and hopefully with Falmer and can hopefully put some points between us and the bottom 3.

Vital point in my opinion.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Re: Re: Re: Just got back

KinkyGoebels said:
Some managers are lucky - mcghee seems to be one of them.

Thats good though isn't it? Surely it's better to be lucky than unlucky?

As Napoleon said: Give me a lucky general anyday. (or something along thoe lines)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the first half both teams were abysmal, with no one trying to keep it on the deck, at times it seemed it was a head tennis game.

In the second half Wednesday definitely were on top, without looking over threatening. It was a difficult save for Henderson as the ball was hit at pace at him. After a couple of half chances to Wendy they seemed to run out of steam.

The substitutions were very effective, and Albert looked hungry.

Our biggest problem is keeping onside, Jake, Leon and Pepsi_max must have been caught 15 times between them last night. Wendy were never offside. Surely this is something the strikers should be working on in training.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
El Presidente said:
In the first half both teams were abysmal, with no one trying to keep it on the deck, at times it seemed it was a head tennis game.

In the second half Wednesday definitely were on top, without looking over threatening. It was a difficult save for Henderson as the ball was hit at pace at him. After a couple of half chances to Wendy they seemed to run out of steam.

The substitutions were very effective, and Albert looked hungry.

Our biggest problem is keeping onside, Jake, Leon and Pepsi_max must have been caught 15 times between them last night. Wendy were never offside. Surely this is something the strikers should be working on in training.

CKR especially has a habit of never looking along the line when he makes his runs. To be fair, it was a miracle he kept himself onside for the goal.

When he came on against Palace, play had to be held up a number of times so that he could run back onside before the ball was played. Simple stuff to master, surely?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
CKR especially has a habit of never looking along the line when he makes his runs. To be fair, it was a miracle he kept himself onside for the goal.

When he came on against Palace, play had to be held up a number of times so that he could run back onside before the ball was played. Simple stuff to master, surely?

And should come with age....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:

or a more intelligent level of discussion which attempts to introduce some kind of systems/tactical formation analysis into it. This for me is more interesting because it's more thoughtful and less headless-chicken-like.

OHHH get her:love: :love: :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here