Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just getting fed up with our inability to win a big game

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
But not beating Brentford and Fulham at home looks like being the reason we will miss out on European qualification.
Not when the team have won games they'd expected to lose. Or a dodgy VAR decision denies two points. You can't be that specific.

But, if you insist, if the Albion qualify for Europe by one point, console yourself that the late equaliser yesterday was the one wot won it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I hear this "we have a side playing amazing football, the best ever at Brighton. It's frustrating that in what feel like reputation defining games, against a side at the top or those around us, when we have the chance to really send a message, we rarely seem to win. That despite often dominating the game".

I agree with that. It is frustrating. We're so close. But I also realise we're a work in progress. Try and enjoy the journey @Kalimantan Gull - these are the good times.
Yep, that's about it, very well summarised, wish i had your skill with the written word :p

Reputation-defining games. We're lumped in with Fulham and Brentford in the public's eyes, I think we're good enough to break free of them.

I've written the second paragraph countless times on here after similar results under Potter and CH, i have been enjoyjng the ride, but now, I think we're now better than that under RDZ, so these results shouldn't keep happening. I mean, they will happen, but just once it would be nice for it to not happen.

I sometimes sit basking in how good we are, and then try and think of those real reputation defining games, and not many come to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here