Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In fairness, playing on a dreadful pitch when you are not used to it can be a huge leveller. The game sounded like a lottery.

Mr Oysten clearly has a lot to answer for. Ensuring a decent set up for the pitch is an important duty of the club.

I really feel sorry for that club's supporters. The pitch being a reflection of its leadership.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anyone blaming the pitch is a bad loser.

I'll stack them in the same pile as those supporters who think the Amex is a sh!thole when their team loses.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought the Amex was slightly bumpy against Arsenal.

OfficialKnights

Jan 30, 2015
Terrible pitch, really like watching a league 2 match today. Freezing cold and very windy with debris all over the pitch. Tickets £25 and worse still £15 for my 7 year old lad who tripped and scuffed his knee outside the ground. How can clubs charge so much for a kid is beyond me. All the best to Blackpool but how they ever got to the Premiership is beyond me.
We got to the Premier League in 2010 nearly five years ago. Totally different circumstances.

OfficialKnights

Jan 30, 2015
£25 if you paid for a padded seat!

Yes, the pitch was poor, but it doesn't excuse an awful game. And one of the coldest I've been too.

The main disappointing thing for me was that we were playing a team low on confidence, and bottom of the table - yet never really went for it. We left one up front isolated for far too long. Blackpool were so dire in the first half, we didn't really need to have anyone at the back at all.

And Blackpool has deteriorated since I last went there around 10 years ago - most of it seemed closed up (winter I suppose - the pub didn't have any 'proper' beer on because they don't stock it in winter as they don't sell enough. However, Fosters was only £2 a pint, you can spend the difference on not sitting on your padded seat).
No idea what you saw ten years ago but believe me Blackpool (well the 10% of the town that tourists only ever see and then call that Blackpool...) has improved incredibly in the last 10 years. However, it is January, nothing will be open or even close to looking ready to be open in tourist Blackpool.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, it's the same for both teams but only one of those play on it every other week. The pitch has been a disgrace for a while now and it's not going to change any time soon.

The loss wasn't down to the pitch though. We had a game to forget. So let's do just that: Move on and support the team next week.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
i agree saw several bumps in arsenal game first time ive seen that at home

Mr Wenger commented after the game that it was a difficult pitch.
I did not think it was difficult but Arsene does like a good moan even when they win.
The Blackpool pitch looks bad on the picture above but they showed it on FL show last night and it is a lot worse than that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My mate blamed the pitch.. For the losing!

I said are you Louis van Gaul in disguise...

Poor excuse for losing, every other team beat blackpool there!!!

True but it must get worse every week especially if they have had rain and frost.
Once you lose a pitch you cannot get it back without relaying.
As they are bottom maybe they see it as their leveller to escape relegation thats 2 in 2 at home now.
I agree with others you cannot play every week on decent pitches and then expect to turn in a performance on that.
Maybe we should have trained all week on a poor pitch somewhere and not our new perfect pitches at the acadamy.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Just got back and agree with the opening post other than I don't think the pitch is dangerous. Could have been if it hardened in a night time frost though.

But overall the pitch made the game a total lottery. A half decent free kick won it when neither team deserved to win it.

A completely pointless exercise in every respect and ridiculous to judge the team in anyway.

Will be back to the lush green of the AMEX next week when I fully expect our revival to be back on track.

I went with dangerous because we certainly wouldn't have risked Lua Lua's comeback on that pitch and we didn't risk Tex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why is the pitch so bad ?

Half the pitch had no grass on it, and for some free kicks the ball would roll in the breeze 5-10 yards from where it was placed as nothing to grip onto. It was also covered in divots, so difficult to pass on the ground as it would veer unpredictably off the mounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here