Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggest u fans email the FL and tell them your views on the state of the pitch. Tbf it would b great if u did and we did lose points as the next demo will be more angrier. As a pool fan I'm embarrassed that away fans pay that money to sit in a temp stand with non league facilities. So get emailing... altho think they will still stick up with the man that is on the board!

The FA will do as their name indicates FA.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
jfc with hunt - having seen him play near 30 games in the last 2 seasons, it is clear he is a pointless player - support the local lad - apart from when the stats show you are better off without him

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Terrible pitch, really like watching a league 2 match today. Freezing cold and very windy with debris all over the pitch. Tickets £25 and worse still £15 for my 7 year old lad who tripped and scuffed his knee outside the ground. How can clubs charge so much for a kid is beyond me. All the best to Blackpool but how they ever got to the Premiership is beyond me.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Terrible pitch, really like watching a league 2 match today. Freezing cold and very windy with debris all over the pitch. Tickets £25 and worse still £15 for my 7 year old lad who tripped and scuffed his knee outside the ground. How can clubs charge so much for a kid is beyond me. All the best to Blackpool but how they ever got to the Premiership is beyond me.

who exactly held a gun to your head to pay that money ??

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
In cricket you'd get docked points for a crap pitch so y not football there has tobe some kind of acceptable standard?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
who exactly held a gun to your head to pay that money ??
More than happy to pay the money, but if you paid £40 to go to a restaurant and the table was dirty I think you would have a right to complain. The pitch was a disgrace and spoilt the game and made it more like a league two match. On top of that I think it is wrong to charge so much for kids especially as there were probably local kids there for £1. If clubs want to charge top prices then we should have a right to expect a decent playing surface.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the pitch was dangerous. They'll have been several hundred games of 3rd team rugby played on similar surfaces today without injuries caused by the pitch.

It takes the piss to not prepare a surface for this standard of football when you're charging fans £24 though.

£25 if you paid for a padded seat!

Yes, the pitch was poor, but it doesn't excuse an awful game. And one of the coldest I've been too.

The main disappointing thing for me was that we were playing a team low on confidence, and bottom of the table - yet never really went for it. We left one up front isolated for far too long. Blackpool were so dire in the first half, we didn't really need to have anyone at the back at all.

And Blackpool has deteriorated since I last went there around 10 years ago - most of it seemed closed up (winter I suppose - the pub didn't have any 'proper' beer on because they don't stock it in winter as they don't sell enough. However, Fosters was only £2 a pint, you can spend the difference on not sitting on your padded seat).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just got back and agree with the opening post other than I don't think the pitch is dangerous. Could have been if it hardened in a night time frost though.

But overall the pitch made the game a total lottery. A half decent free kick won it when neither team deserved to win it.

A completely pointless exercise in every respect and ridiculous to judge the team in anyway.

Will be back to the lush green of the AMEX next week when I fully expect our revival to be back on track.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How did the pitch compare with the pitch in this game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsnxt1Dl8bo when the Away team scored six goals?

Was it as bad as this pitch (no cards shown)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXFUJRMMUSY
It was much worse. In that B'muff video you can see the ball rolling nicely across the turf, as it should. Today the ball would bobble all over the place if anyone tried to play a pass on the deck or run with it. Yes, they had to play on the same pitch, but they were equally as shit and it became a game of hoof ball with there being no benefit in being the more technical side. The winner was always going to come from a set piece for either side, and it could've easily been us.

All those that went seem to feel the same. It's by far the worst pitch I've ever seen a professional match on, and I went to loads of 4th division grounds in the 90s.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
That game was there to be won, but we were set up just not to lose - until it was too late. We did not want it enough.
In the first half their central defenders were under presuure and being turned, but somehow survived by several tugs on Baldock and wrestles on COG, coupled with a timid ref. Half time was the ideal time for CH to introduce March or Tex, but CH waited until we went behind. The goal was almost predictable with O'Hara getting his sightings with several left-footed free kicks prior to the goal.
We neither battled nor created. I normally like support all of our 'marmite' men, but JFC was not at the races today, trying first time unsuccessful passes when he had time to control the ball and then pick the pass. Whilst Ince was again the best of today's midfield, he could not even out-muscle Orlandi at times - and that sums it up, no fight. Orlandi did not need the physio once. Dunk could have been in trouble by pushing their forward after the handball incident in our area.
Good to see three players demonstrating some positivity by wearing short-sleeved shirts in the bitter conditions. Those of you who did not go can guess who they were.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For anyone interested here's a pic of the much maligned pitch. image.jpg

I think the fact that CH didn't even bring on Tex - our most skilful player - when we went a goal down speaks volumes.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just got back and agree with the opening post other than I don't think the pitch is dangerous. Could have been if it hardened in a night time frost though.

But overall the pitch made the game a total lottery. A half decent free kick won it when neither team deserved to win it.

A completely pointless exercise in every respect and ridiculous to judge the team in anyway.

Will be back to the lush green of the AMEX next week when I fully expect our revival to be back on track.

Well that saved me the effort of thinking what to write. This!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Did you go?

As it happens yes!

The pitch was the same for both teams!

I only asked the first bit as i was curious!.....but seeing as you mentioned it..yes it is the same for both teams!...but one could say they are more used to it seeing as they play half there matches there!....anyway i've never said it was an excuse before you mention it!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I only asked the first bit as i was curious.....but seeing as you mentioned it..yes it is the same for both teams...but one could say they are more used to it seeing as they play half there matches there....anyway i've never said it was an excuse before you mention it

You still up Lamie?
Get on the phone to Blackpool in the morning and offer your services to sort their pitch out:hilton:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here