Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game...

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
What i found glaringly obvious was how much better we looked when Lua Lua came on, he was double marked yet still managed to skin them and get a ball into the box.
On another day we would've scored a hatfull.
I hope we get the opportunity to see Lua Lua start more games this season.

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Bruce has just admitted on the FLS that we could have won the game.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
We definitely a miles better side than last year. The one touch passing and movement created havoc for them at times. Coupled with the ability to retain the ball and not squander it needlessly. We looked like the home team for about 70 of the 90 mins.

Results will come if we can keep that level of form up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh, and another positive...great to see Hull's Olympic gold medalist, Luke Campbell, get a standing ovation from all of us during his half time lap of honour :clap2:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If we play like that regualy then I don't think we will have a problem this season. Good performance.

My thoughts exactly.
One of the best away performances I've seen for quite a while.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Need a proper striker to put them hatful of chances away!

This is it in a nutshell. No good bossing the game and losing. Strikers are paid to score, CMS is really struggling to do just that in the Championship. Always count on him for enthusiasm, but he really needs to sharpen his finishing. Midfielders need to follow Crofts example and shoot on sight, not try and pass the ball into the net. They are not good enough at this stage for that.

It's encouraging to note that we play well without Vicente too.

Oh well, Cardiff up next. Hope we put them out of sight in the first half. :)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Lots of positives from the game, we created more chances away from home yesterday than I remember us doing in a long long time. Encouraging to see and the passing looks to have a bit more purpose now. CMS looked sharp, unlucky to hit bar and snatched at his other chances, but very encouraging performance by him, and more importantly team mates finding him!

I thought Noone was lucky to stay on the pitch even if his first booking was a bit harsh.

Luke Campbell's lap of honour was brilliant too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
...I know it's an old cliche, but we really were BY FAR the better team, particularly in the second half. I think we would've won handsomely had Buckley or Vicente been on the pitch[, but I just can't understand why CMS couldn't score with such fantastic opportunities. Anyway, it was very encouraging, and all the Hull fans seemed to think we deserved something from the game.

Don't think I've ever been anywhere where everyone's so friendly, except perhaps Sunderland.

Didn't go yesterday but I think you have hit the nail on the head with those two players. They were immense against Chelsea. If we could only keep them fit......

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
The performance was encouraging, CMS actually held the ball up well. Disappointing not to get something from the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here