Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now why hasnt this set of Barnes detail been discussed before now,... it was all CMS this and CMS that.... no mention of Barnes misses.

What part of THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED WELL are you not getting?

Barnes has been playing well for a while, CMS has had a load of question marks against him, so OBVIOUSLY when he plays well MOST of us are pleased and don't feel the need to slag off somebody else. I think most of the comments are about CMS because many fans would be interested and pleased that he had a good game after all the question marks. Crofts, as well as Barnes also missed a great chance but I won't be moaning about him either.I sometimes think some of our fans actually want players to fail.

But you carry on..

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

I was in the west stand and looked about 1000 or so in the away end and some good noise at times. Speaking with a few of the home support , thought a draw was fair result , but Noone should have gone for a second booking. . Was well impressed with CMS and its only a matter of time before he will be scoring for fun..

On the other note was well impressed with their number 24 Sonne Aluko .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What the f***? I asked if his first touch had improved. It was a genuine question, which two people answered. What are you talking about?

One would presume you were being negative to ask such a question, given your persistant anti CMS posts over the Summer wouldn't they? you don't really believe a players 'touch; would change that drastically in a few months do you? :lol:

Stumpy Tim

One would presume you were being negative to ask such a question, given your persistant anti CMS posts over the Summer wouldn't they? you don't really believe a players 'touch; would change that drastically in a few months do you? :lol:

I asked the question as CMS said he was going to work to fit in with the way we play. So yes, I think he could improve his first touch - and allegedly he has.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I asked the question as CMS said he was going to work to fit in with the way we play. So yes, I think he could improve his first touch - and allegedly he has.

OK chap. I know you want him to do well etc of course.

Billy_Britain_HCAFC

Jan 10, 2012
BHA were one of the best sides to come to the KC last season.. & looked good again on Saturday.

Thought the first half was entertaining, the game was competitive & both team had intelligent footballers.. Defences were on top, a goal was only going to come from a isolated mistake or a touch of class..

BHA were probably the better side in the 2nd half.. we had four or five players making league debuts and it showed at times, the game began to lack fluidity & became stretched.. Happily, Robert Koren was the difference for us, his ball into Joe Dudgeon won us the game..

I'd expect BHA to be a top ten side.. add a cutting edge and top six could be achievable..

Decent numbers (considering the distance) in the away end, but the atmosphere felt a bit low-key with 10,000 empty seats in the stadium.. our lowest league attendance since L2 back in 2003. Plenty away on holiday, some skint and a fair few still pissed off at the owners for sacking Nick Barmby..

Have a good 2012/13

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What part of THE WHOLE TEAM PLAYED WELL are you not getting?

Barnes has been playing well for a while, CMS has had a load of question marks against him, so OBVIOUSLY when he plays well MOST of us are pleased and don't feel the need to slag off somebody else. I think most of the comments are about CMS because many fans would be interested and pleased that he had a good game after all the question marks. Crofts, as well as Barnes also missed a great chance but I won't be moaning about him either.I sometimes think some of our fans actually want players to fail.

But you carry on..
Oooo you naughty boy,... of course players should be open to criticism, just like to see it applied to all players when justified, a lot on here wont put up with even the slightest Barnes criticism, and that is the basis for my stand against him,.... I am just trying to balance the books and give CMS a bit of support, support that is sadly lacking most of the time on NSC.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd expect BHA to be a top ten side.. add a cutting edge and top six could be achievable..
I think you mirror almost all the NSC views with that comment,.... how that is achieved is a moot point, some say we need support for CMS, others say he should be benched, or even sold,.... do you have a view on who our most dangerous players were on the day?

Dec 29, 2011
BHA were one of the best sides to come to the KC last season.. & looked good again on Saturday.

Thought the first half was entertaining, the game was competitive & both team had intelligent footballers.. Defences were on top, a goal was only going to come from a isolated mistake or a touch of class..

BHA were probably the better side in the 2nd half.. we had four or five players making league debuts and it showed at times, the game began to lack fluidity & became stretched.. Happily, Robert Koren was the difference for us, his ball into Joe Dudgeon won us the game..

Decent numbers (considering the distance) in the away end, but the atmosphere felt a bit low-key with 10,000 empty seats in the stadium.. our lowest league attendance since L2 back in 2003. Plenty away on holiday, some skint and a fair few still pissed off at the owners for sacking Nick Barmby..

Have a good 2012/13

Would you rather a lucky 3 points with disappointing performance, or 0 points with an encouraging(but unlucky) performance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here