Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just back from the game...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...I know it's an old cliche, but we really were BY FAR the better team, particularly in the second half. I think we would've won handsomely had Buckley or Vicente been on the pitch, but I just can't understand why CMS couldn't score with such fantastic opportunities. Anyway, it was very encouraging, and all the Hull fans seemed to think we deserved something from the game.

Don't think I've ever been anywhere where everyone's so friendly, except perhaps Sunderland.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
...I know it's an old cliche, but we really were BY FAR the better team, particularly in the second half. I think we would've won handsomely had Buckley or Vicente been on the pitch, but I just can't understand why CMS couldn't score with such fantastic opportunities. Anyway, it was very encouraging, and all the Hull fans seemed to think we deserved something from the game.

Don't think I've ever been anywhere where everyone's so friendly, except perhaps Sunderland.

Was following on twitter and felt so gutted when they scored. Good effort to all who attended today, hulls a long way.

Let's hope cms has a better day in front of goal on Tuesday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just back too. I was enormously encouraged by the way we played. We were by far the better team and had a hatful of chances that we couldn't finish. I was particulary impressed by CMS in every aspect of his game except the finishing, best I've seen him play for a long time. Gutted when the goal went in but that's the way it goes sometimes, enjoyed the game until they scored.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
results will come from strong performances and judging by the radio and Notters & Icy things sound good.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Thanks for that, it's just how it sounded on the radio, onwards and upwards.

Oh, and ignore weststander, what a load of shite.

zigzag

Mar 22, 2011
Lewes
Just back too. I was enormously encouraged by the way we played. We were by far the better team and had a hatful of chances that we couldn't finish. I was particulary impressed by CMS in every aspect of his game except the finishing, best I've seen him play for a long time. Gutted when the goal went in but that's the way it goes sometimes, enjoyed the game until they scored.

Also just back.Perfect summary Icy Gull.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Also just back from the game and feeling very proud of our 2nd half performance. I'll take that as a start to the season-just got unlucky that's all.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Good to hear some positives rather than the extreme reaction of those who weren't even there. If we are creating chances and CMS is looking lively (albeit not sharp yet) that for me is very good news.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Good to hear a fair summary of the match. The doom mongers in here are ridiculous. Which are usually the ones moaning at every match having a pop at every single slight error.

Personally, I think we are only a few players away from being top contenders for promotion. A goal scorer to partner CMS being the main one. We seemed to play very well today but the stats do not lie. We need that elusive big man up front

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Just back too...Like others have said, we were the better team and I thought we really took OUR game to them in the 2nd half. We mixed it up with a few long balls, a few over the top, some nice runs down the wing, and even a BRILLIANT Gary Dicker chip over the backline into the box for Barnes. The story as always was our finishing, there were a number of chances that came close but not close enough.

CMS was back to some of his best, looked really up for it and did everything but score. Bridcutt played particularly well in a side where no one had a bad game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The best positives from today's game are that CMS wasn't fully match fit and played extremely well , LuaLua isn't up to full speed but still caused havoc and every player put in a decent performance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just back too...Like others have said, we were the better team and I thought we really took OUR game to them in the 2nd half. We mixed it up with a few long balls, a few over the top, some nice runs down the wing, and even a BRILLIANT Gary Dicker chip over the backline into the box for Barnes. The story as always was our finishing, there were a number of chances that came close but not close enough.

CMS was back to some of his best, looked really up for it and did everything but score. Bridcutt played particularly well in a side where no one had a bad game.

That's how I saw it too.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
To confirm what everyone has said, we played very well today, especially in the second half.

The new full backs looked good, Bridcutt was outstanding, Crofts got forward well in support of our attacks, CMS played well with his usual enthusiasm, and Lua Lua was outstanding when he came on.

I am confident of a good season if we can continue to play like this. And Vicente and Buckley still to come in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here